Scent Talks - Ghaliya Afzal (attached the ingredients)
In the last 3 months collecting from the Doc, this one remains my favorite. This is my ecstasy.
It's skunky and high in florals! The beginning puffs all this entire combination of florals with a heat of musk and castoreum. Smoothly illuminates amber and cultures with Hindi ouds...such a light touch of those ouds. It definitely gives this strong floral and animalic scent its unique definition.
This is a banger! Highly recommend if you enjoy animalics and florals.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    17680793304368603427777457157346.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 80
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG-20251205-WA0004.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 73
Sanctum Aureum/Golden Sanctuary -- Lupus & Vega

Notes: Elemi, frankincense, ylang ylang, orange blossom, neroli, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Ho wood and Mysore sandalwood.

Prayers/Wordless Mukhallat -- Lupus & Vega

Frankincense, myrrh, labdanum, benzoin, peru balsam, styrax, Mysore and Hawaiian sandalwoods, Koh Kong oud, patchouli, elemi, cistus and warming spices.

Quiet, well layered fragrances. Beautiful. Well done @Joe
Beautiful; thank you! I love both of those. Prayers/Wordless is only available at Stele NYC now, but I still have some Sanctum Aureum left. Prayers/Wordless is very wearable, not churchy IMO at all. SA/GS is more of a green Japanese stick of incense to me.
 
Scent Talks - Le Oud Hallucinatant and Dehnal Oud Mukhallat.
Yesterday I began my morning with Hallucinatant. This one is Hemp, Trat Oud, and Cambodian Oud. This gave me a surreal memory of the first oil varnish I had for my violin. I teared up a bit actually. I was addicted. Then I smelled sweeter undertones which didn't drive away my initial smell. I held onto that so much. My heart started racing and for a moment I thought I was getting high, just kidding! Not the heart thing though 😅 I'm at work intoxicated by Hallucinatant. It stuck for a good 5hrs until it became a light oud skin scent. A+
I came home and prepared for the gym. Next was to try Dehnal. Did a swipe on one wrist. Hmmm pretty weak. Swipe on the other wrist. Weak. "Fuck it another swipe on both wrists." This is like a fairytale...like Tinkerbell coming to Peter Pan. Those sparkles of florals. Light. Elegant. Smooth. So I'm walking to the gym. Stretched and began with front squats. DUDE I swear I didn't fart! I was LOUD! How after 20 minutes this became a bomb? I became the Oud man! Now I am a cartoon character around a bunch of new years resolution people getting our gym on. I smelled gooooood. How dare I swipe that much. I'll tell you what...a sniff after every set got me going strong! 😁
Yesterday was epic! Thank you Doc for these creations 🙏🏼
Isn’t there something magical about swiping on your scent with a glass stick? It’s a very diliberate and spiritual action.
 
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This is one of my favorite attars and where it all started with Scent Talks.

Cuir de Tabac is irresistibly sensual. It opens with a luminous dose of orange blossom and orange, lifted by aromatic thyme, coriander, and a slight touch of pink peppercorn, before melting into a floral heart of Rosa Damascena and jasmine sambac

The soul of the fragrance lies in its layers: resinous tolu balsam, amber, saffron, and warm cinnamon, all smoothed by smoky birch tar and creamy sandalwood. Then comes the animalics of civet, castoreum, and musk entwined with tobacco flower and dense tobacco absolute, deepened to near-mythic richness by Hindi oud and Prachin oud.
Can you recommend some of his blends ? They all sound amazing
 
Beautiful; thank you! I love both of those. Prayers/Wordless is only available at Stele NYC now, but I still have some Sanctum Aureum left. Prayers/Wordless is very wearable, not churchy IMO at all. SA/GS is more of a green Japanese stick of incense to me.
Wore both of them again today 🙂 .. When I'm at home I'll often wear two scents that co-exist peacefully, one on each wrist.
 
Sulaym - Royal Jardin

I read the reviews really hyping this up, and I was skeptical. I love oud rose combos, so I was thinking I’m sure it’s good, but it can’t be that much better than other rose/oud attars that I’ve really enjoyed. But this is honestly an 11/10, I would douse myself in this every single day if I had the supply. Kinda sad I missed the musk version, but even having this beauty is a blessing. The rose itself is sweet but not over so, however the contrast with the smoky maroke oud brings it to another level transforming it into a dark jammy rose. I get distinct wafts of smoke and rose, but the two also kind of meld together over the course of the day.

I received a sample of Buraq and QOTD that I need to try as well. Just smelling QOTD out of the vial is enough to know I’m gonna enjoy it, but I can’t find any info on this so I assume it’s an upcoming release. Every attar and sample I’ve received from Sulaym so far has been phenomenal!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3760.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 68
ASO - Muschouli

Musk and Patchouli? Definitely had to give this a try as I love a well balanced Patchouli based attar and given that this is from the house of ASO I already knew it would exceed all expectations.

The description is spot on. Its not floral, its not oudhy, its not the typical 'musky' heavy or animalic, its in a category of its own. Reminds me of a school trip I took many years ago to an old royal castle, its very similar to the aroma I encountered when walking into one of the rooms. Very noble, regal and mysterious. Powerful yet simple and uncomplicated. It's one where you look forward to blessing passers by with its dignified whiffs.
MUSCHOULI was my scent for Friday, I am surprised by how many people thought I was wearing a fragrance: only two ingredients
 
Muschouli - ASO. Refined is definitely the correct term for this. It's been a good while since I had my nose on a patchouli that I enjoyed. It can easily be too much with it's strong projecting scent. Aging has taken the sharpness away and turned down the volume. With the added Himalayan musk this becomes something very unique. Warm chocolate infused, a little medicinal even? There's a surprising amount going on in this bottle for just two ingredients. Longevity is off the charts. It would not surprise me if I could still smell it on my hair in a weeks time. Very nice. Happy I got it.
I was fortunate to be given a sample of this from ASO. I will give it a test run.
 
To comfort my failed patchouli distillation😔 Very nice, soft and sweet:
View attachment 52234
You picked one of the hard ones to distill!

Rosemary, lavender, pine needles, evergreen branches can all yield a fair amount of oil that comes out smelling pretty good,without having to do a multi day continuous distillation like you would with patchouly or woods.
 
🙂 if life was supposed to be easy, surely I would have been born as cat..
I don't know man, I think you'd be having a harder time without opposable thumbs!
 
Yaaseen - Majmoschus

This multilayered attar is really something to behold. The florals and fruity notes present as a sweet rosey lychee, never cloying. There is a perfumey lift I presume that comes from the high dose of white ambergris and saffron. It smells fresh and sea-spray-y, with a distinct comforting feeling. Then, the beautiful musks. They are the centerpiece of this composition and present many of the facets we associate with musk. Never sweaty or overly animalic; instead, balanced well with many rare ouds, grounding the composition in incensey, woody oudiness. Sandal, resins, and spices are present as auxiliary facets, further rounding out the composition. I say this as someone who never loved musk - this is one of my favorite attars.

Attached the ingredients list here:
• Nepalese Deer Musk
• Siberian Deer Musk
• Oud Myitkyina 2023
• Oud Jingphaw 2017
• Oud Laos Jungle
• Oud Nagaland 2019
• Oud Manipur 2023
• Mysore Sandalwood (1960s)
• Old Factory Indonesian Sandalwood
• Deadwood Sandalwood
• Benzoin
• Peru Balsam
• Parajit
• Spanish Cherry Flower
• Saffron
• Spices
• Ruh Khus 2024
• Kewra
• Kadam
• Natural Peach Isolate
• Valerian Root CO2
• White Ambergris
• Almajarah Accord
 
Back
Top