Concentrated tincture yesterday. Cleaned what i used under hot water tap, then in the sink with soap etc. Now when i go near the sink i still smell it. Must be dilluted a gazillion times by now.. would not be surprised if the entire water treatment plant smells like it next few days. We'll have very chill seaguls then.. 🙂
Valerian?
 
The "I'm better than all of you" look must be tiring 😸
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Hasna - Habzoud. Man this is sooo good! Amazing projection. I'm in a deep cloud of sandalwood and Frangipani. I'm really not a floral guy at all and I generally find frangipani too sweet but this co distillation of the two is seamless. I can see myself going through this bottle very quickly.
 
Hermitage Oils : Sapphire Rose of Azerbaijan

I suppose we don't have a rose of the day thread, don't know if we need one, but here I am again with another rose otto.

I'm still trying to develop a vocabulary for roses, their subtleties and nuances, but this is a certainly a unique addition for me (also my first Azerbaijani rose otto). This one has stayed mostly in a semi-solid state since i received it for what it's worth 😉

Described as "a luminous, juicy, mouth-watering bergamot jelly, grapefruit and lemon theme with the most intense clean dewy rose character.......orange blossom honeyed nuances, warmth comparable to trace elemi resins with an injection of sunshine rich petitgrain bergamotier", I was happy to grab a bottle before the first batch sold out (now back in-stock).

I find it cooling, dewy, soft, with touch of grapefruit, and "muted". I was trying to find a way to articulate this muted characteristic without making it sound like a criticism, and then I happened upon a review by fellow ouddict @Kai Leon Art Perfumer that put it perfectly "....this one projects as the Air itself – the gently flowing yet fragrantly saturated air around a blooming, scent-emanating fresh flower...."
You can smell/feel the space between what would be the flower itself and your nose! A truly 3D olfactory experience.
Nicely priced at €49 euros for 2.5 grams :thumbsup:
 
Hermitage Oils : Sapphire Rose of Azerbaijan

I suppose we don't have a rose of the day thread, don't know if we need one, but here I am again with another rose otto.

I'm still trying to develop a vocabulary for roses, their subtleties and nuances, but this is a certainly a unique addition for me (also my first Azerbaijani rose otto). This one has stayed mostly in a semi-solid state since i received it for what it's worth 😉

Described as "a luminous, juicy, mouth-watering bergamot jelly, grapefruit and lemon theme with the most intense clean dewy rose character.......orange blossom honeyed nuances, warmth comparable to trace elemi resins with an injection of sunshine rich petitgrain bergamotier", I was happy to grab a bottle before the first batch sold out (now back in-stock).

I find it cooling, dewy, soft, with touch of grapefruit, and "muted". I was trying to find a way to articulate this muted characteristic without making it sound like a criticism, and then I happened upon a review by fellow ouddict @Kai Leon Art Perfumer that put it perfectly "....this one projects as the Air itself – the gently flowing yet fragrantly saturated air around a blooming, scent-emanating fresh flower...."
You can smell/feel the space between what would be the flower itself and your nose! A truly 3D olfactory experience.
Nicely priced at €49 euros for 2.5 grams :thumbsup:
that's a good price… I've been looking at roses from Fraterworks where I used to order things but that business is leading the cutting edge of the inflation of raw materials costs. I also noticed on the thumbnail view of each item, the price listed is for their one percent or 10% dilution so you don't really know what the cost is until you click on it. Things look like a bargain and then you discover they're actually 5-100 times the price of what you think they're going to be. Makes comparison shopping and browsing the catalog tedious. I keep sorting through it, thinking I'm finding something at a reasonable cost and discovering once I click on it and select the full concentration and the volume I want that the item is very expensive.

I never imagined Hermitage as actually looking budget friendly in comparison but here we are. They for one seem not to be doubling the price of everything just because they can get away with it, are treating their supporting base with a little respect, and I may be placing my next bulk order from them even though I'm not familiar with their products.
 
Last edited:
zabad al qamar- oudique

I think this post belongs here so correct me if I’m wrong, anyway, I’m absolutely blown away by this stuff! I brought it as I’m currently trying to expand my olfactory pallet and I thought it would be fun to try a civet paste out, but wow this really clicks with me.
As soon as I opened the lid I got hit with a pungent smell and I thought “there’s no way I’ll like this” however after I applied a tiny bit onto my wrist it became much more bearable, I get a super raw Smokey smell quite like a campfire and an incense note I think from the Oud that’s added, however the part that surprised me was a slight floral part later on. It’s the perfect amount to add variety so you don’t become overwhelmed with the smell because I can’t believe how strong this is, I think they need to put warning signs on the outside! I’m absolutely loving it though and I can’t pull myself away from it, I keep sniffing my wrist over and over again throughout the day it really is addictive! It’s always nice to have something you really resonate with and feel passionate about so I’m really glad I got some of this stuff!
 
zabad al qamar- oudique

I think this post belongs here so correct me if I’m wrong, anyway, I’m absolutely blown away by this stuff! I brought it as I’m currently trying to expand my olfactory pallet and I thought it would be fun to try a civet paste out, but wow this really clicks with me.
As soon as I opened the lid I got hit with a pungent smell and I thought “there’s no way I’ll like this” however after I applied a tiny bit onto my wrist it became much more bearable, I get a super raw Smokey smell quite like a campfire and an incense note I think from the Oud that’s added, however the part that surprised me was a slight floral part later on. It’s the perfect amount to add variety so you don’t become overwhelmed with the smell because I can’t believe how strong this is, I think they need to put warning signs on the outside! I’m absolutely loving it though and I can’t pull myself away from it, I keep sniffing my wrist over and over again throughout the day it really is addictive! It’s always nice to have something you really resonate with and feel passionate about so I’m really glad I got some of this stuff!
It is amazing stuff. The scent has extreme staying power as well.
 
Not yet but soon.
I received a sample from a fellow ouddict of a very interesting 15 Y.O. Aceh patchouli that has distinct oud-like facets. My sample is like a milder patchouly aroma combined with some of the "old oud" notes that accumulate in aged ouds. I posted some notes on this a while back supposedly it's an unusual variety grown at a higher elevation farm. It doesn't match any of my other vintage oils so I'm very curious about this sample and I wonder if it's similar to the one that you have? The person who provided it to me said they were planning to send some off for testing.
 
I received a sample from a fellow ouddict of a very interesting 15 Y.O. Aceh patchouli that has distinct oud-like facets. My sample is like a milder patchouly aroma combined with some of the "old oud" notes that accumulate in aged ouds. I posted some notes on this a while back supposedly it's an unusual variety grown at a higher elevation farm. It doesn't match any of my other vintage oils so I'm very curious about this sample and I wonder if it's similar to the one that you have? The person who provided it to me said they were planning to send some off for testing.
Mine is Indonesian but not specifically fro
Aceh. It’s deep, rich, smooth, sweet, warm, balsamic woody and earthy. It doesn’t have pungency as new distilled oil. But a trained nose will easily recognize it.
 
Mine is Indonesian but not specifically fro
Aceh. It’s deep, rich, smooth, sweet, warm, balsamic woody and earthy. It doesn’t have pungency as new distilled oil. But a trained nose will easily recognize it.
Sounds wonderful! i'll try to remember to include a little sample of the patchouli I am talking about with the next batch of samples I send your way. I would love to get your take on it!
 
Back
Top