Not really. Just hope @SteveE is healthier and I just got into contact with @mobyus and @Ahmaoud ; I know I’ve only been around at night, EST, but that’s because I’ve been busy making new experiments, none of which I am happy with, what a waste of money and time, and releasing the new blends and TRYING SO HARD to fix my website but I just need to break down and call them….
Thank you for your concern my friend!!! Blood pressure is totally normal now, we’re still doing some more tests, but I will definitely be at the next festival and look forward to meeting you and everyone in person!!!!
 
scent_talks - Red Hot Rose III

This attar is so becoming a part of my life. It’s like someone threw roses 🌹 and grass in to blender. I’m getting sharp notes of cholorophyll from the Damascus rose, and the rose geranium. Which then leads to a heart of saffron, black pepper, and cardamom. All atop of castoreum, Oud and musk.

I usually pair it with other attars but there’s no harm in going solo. It evokes in me such a strong positively emotional energy. It’s such a beast of a beautiful fragrance. And he’s coming out with a new deep and complex version. Can’t wait!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2281.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 54
Sulaym - Royal Jardin

I read the reviews really hyping this up, and I was skeptical. I love oud rose combos, so I was thinking I’m sure it’s good, but it can’t be that much better than other rose/oud attars that I’ve really enjoyed. But this is honestly an 11/10, I would douse myself in this every single day if I had the supply. Kinda sad I missed the musk version, but even having this beauty is a blessing. The rose itself is sweet but not over so, however the contrast with the smoky maroke oud brings it to another level transforming it into a dark jammy rose. I get distinct wafts of smoke and rose, but the two also kind of meld together over the course of the day.

I received a sample of Buraq and QOTD that I need to try as well. Just smelling QOTD out of the vial is enough to know I’m gonna enjoy it, but I can’t find any info on this so I assume it’s an upcoming release. Every attar and sample I’ve received from Sulaym so far has been phenomenal!
Fyi, Ouddict has a page on Facebook, Ouddict Exchange. It's mostly for people like us to buy/sell oils, perfumes, that aren't a perfect fit. etc. If you're on FB you can make a post there that you're looking for RJ Musk. Heck, you can do that here in the Marketplace.
 
Fyi, Ouddict has a page on Facebook, Ouddict Exchange. It's mostly for people like us to buy/sell oils, perfumes, that aren't a perfect fit. etc. If you're on FB you can make a post there that you're looking for RJ Musk. Heck, you can do that here in the Marketplace.
Did not know about that, but that’s super helpful! Lots of FOMO based on posts I’ve read about oils that aren’t sold anymore lol. I might make a FB account just to check that out.

Do you know if there’s anything like that for perfumes? I read a post on here relatively recently about someone buying/trading EO perfumes in some online community but forgot to follow up w/them, might have to hunt that post down.
 
Sulaym - Elysium (Édition de Musc)

The wild Filipino oud, florals, ambergris, and musk all marry together beautifully. The musk is always in the background enhancing the scent of the other ingredients. The attar is masterfully composed. I don’t how to top the website’s description of this. Simply sublime.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2286.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 50
Did not know about that, but that’s super helpful! Lots of FOMO based on posts I’ve read about oils that aren’t sold anymore lol. I might make a FB account just to check that out.

Do you know if there’s anything like that for perfumes? I read a post on here relatively recently about someone buying/trading EO perfumes in some online community but forgot to follow up w/them, might have to hunt that post down.
Yes, absolutely. Again, some people advertise for EO items here in the Marketplace. More do so on Ouddict Exchange. Then there's an Oud and Attar Exchange that sees a lot of EO business. There are other pages but it's pretty much the same people cross-posting.
 
Oudique - Cambodi sultan layered with Oudique SQ Civet al qamar.

This zabad is my favorite of all time. I have been trying other civet paste, but this one has so many layers, the smoke and oud creates a beautiful atmosphere, the animalics here are so well balance! The cambodi sultan is a really nice combination since it has that burning agarwood feeling.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Oudique - Cambodi sultan layered with Oudique SQ Civet al qamar.

This zabad is my favorite of all time. I have been trying other civet paste, but this one has so many layers, the smoke and oud creates a beautiful atmosphere, the animalics here are so well balance! The cambodi sultan is a really nice combination since it has that burning agarwood feeling.
View attachment 52576
Going hard! I'll have to try this combo myself.
 
scent_talks - Kehwa Samarkand - It's been very cold here, much colder than usual, and tons of snow. This means you're shoveling often and the heating is on full blast. While I'm grateful for that, and wouldn't change anything, it does cause me to gravitate towards fragrances with a citrus top. Plus I was heading into the office yesterday, so let's set the scene, super cold, I'm exhausted and being around the whole office I needed something refreshing, office friendly and something to lift my spirits. I narrowed it down to three commercial fragrances, Rasasi's Boruzz Asrar Indonesia, Christian Diors Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012), or YSL LNDL. Yet surprisingly I went with none of them, instead choosing Kehwa Samarkand. Right from the top, it combined the refreshing quality I needed in that moment, for a long trek to the office, on overly heated vehicle. Yet it's not piercing citrus, there's elements of sweetness blended in, just enough to keep the top light, and almost like a ray of sunshine in early morning darkness. The next time I'd have to check in on it, would be at the office.

Upon taking off my jacket, I was first relieved that nothing in terms of strong animalic nuances were present, the top had naturally dried down but what I was experiencing was light in character, but not in strength! It also never felt overbearing or like I was wearing a club scent or something overly middle eastern to the office. It was sweet and resinous, and that's when I felt a light bulb went off. See that morning I was craving the green resinous quality of the vintage Eau Sauvage Parfum, which is famously marketed as bergamot, myrrh and vetiver but its dry down is very sweet in almost all the times I've worn it. It's also very strong, and it's a bit annoying if you're in a close space. But here I was experiencing spiced black tea with resins dissolved in, it felt barbershop-y but not barbershop-y. Thank goodness it wasn't laced heavily with coumarin as many of those scents are. No, this was perfect, close scent bubble (this was after I had been wearing the jacket) but noticeably projecting in a very elegant way, and to the end of the day, I kept noticing this wonderfully balanced scent. Which felt very much like myself, that's one thing I never get from the commercial sprays, and it might be a minor thing, but there's a beauty in wearing something which feels aligned to ones tastes, uncompromising, and that's what Kehwa Samarkand gave me yesterday!

The scent reminds me of sipping a cup of warm tea in Samarkand, with a slice of their unique orange looking lemons at the bottom, on a late spring afternoon. Breezy, and relaxed, perhaps a couple tears of frankincense and mint leaves were included alongside the tea leaves in the pot, and for sure there was a good floral honey in those cups!
 
Oudique - Cambodi sultan layered with Oudique SQ Civet al qamar.

This zabad is my favorite of all time. I have been trying other civet paste, but this one has so many layers, the smoke and oud creates a beautiful atmosphere, the animalics here are so well balance! The cambodi sultan is a really nice combination since it has that burning agarwood feeling.
View attachment 52576
May I ask if there is a smaller option then 3gr for example 1gr ? And what is in there beside Civet paste ? Was looking for something like civet, Oud, resins. Because I have civet paste at home but was looking for more then just Civet Paste @Oudique
 
Last edited:
Lupus & Vega - Heaven & Earth

This is one of my most treasured samples, one I will try to eke out for as long as possible. You can’t buy everything you want in this game, but my failure to buy this attar is a particular source of regret from last year.

I really don’t have the knowledge to dissect all the notes here, especially having never smelled blue lotus on its own, so I’ll talk in general terms. For me, this attar triggers a great deal of nostalgia for childhood. It reminds me quite vividly of Parma Violets and sherbet - the former being floral-scented candies in the UK. That said, it is not a sickly fragrance. It has a beautiful greenness and a whisp of mint to counter the vivid florals. It makes me think of clean skin fresh out of the shower, and expensive soap. It’s also extremely potent - the faintest swipe projects a beautiful cloud.

If you got some, you’re lucky!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_0551.webp
    15 KB · Views: 40
The Oud Factory - Katana Oil

I used to be the biggest fanboy of TOF, especially their oud oils. So Katana has been in the box for a while. This attar is supposed to be wild Borneo Oud atop ouds from across the globe and infused with saffron blood 🩸.

It’s very linear without any complexity. I just smells like straight up an assortment of fresh fruits. A very strong pineapple scent presents itself. I can see why I put it on 5th gear. Nothing develops beyond that and I’m not getting any oud whatsoever. That’s not to say it’s bad, it’s just too simple.

I think I’ll stick to their oud oils, where they excel much further in their domain.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2296.webp
    84 KB · Views: 42
May I ask if there is a smaller option then 3gr for example 1gr ? And what is in there beside Civet paste ? Was looking for something like civet, Oud, resins. Because I have civet paste at home but was looking for more then just Civet Paste @Oudique
I remember few weeks ago oudique was selling it as 1g option, maybe you could text @Faheem and ask him for a smaller order, but trust me! This is too good to order only 1g! Go for 3g or more before it sold out. I get alot of oud, musk and some florals! The oud is quite smoke, no barn, just smooth animalics.
 
ASO - Ward Al-Taifi (with Siberian Musk, 1 year old) - I was preparing a quarter tola with about 3 drops of Taifi rose, and I thought to myself, why not use some rose oil which I'd been macerating some musk grains in? So I did and while I'll let that rest a bit before talking about it, a tiny bit spilled on the neck, and I quickly rubbed it on my fingers and then onto my shirt sleeves. Then I applied some to my wrists, remember this is just remnants, and folks the scent is indescribable! First off, it smells completely difference on my shirt sleeve, floral, aromatic, citrus-y and just a hint of spice, I wish I could bottle that scent and use it as a spray!! On my wrist the scent is more how I remember the neat oil being, however with this furry undertone, like velvet texturally, sweet and cooling, and a bit of the sharpness of the neat otto is gone but what's replaced it, is anything but reduction! I really like this shirt, but if I had the ability to, I'd cut chunks out and send it to you guys .... 🤤

ASO, if you guys sold this, perhaps as a pairing with the Mysore Maceration I think it would be game over!
 
İts a codistillation of
-Assamese oud
-İndonesian Sandalwood
-Clay (mitti)
-Civet
-Franincense
-Vetiver
Soaked in Rose hydrosol +2 months and distilled with rose hydrosol
All the materials came together in the copper still and a unique attar was born.

And yes you’re absolutely right: in codistillations like this, where multiple materials are distilled together, time is critically important. You probably won’t even recognize it in six months.
Looks like I keep missing the really great stuff!
 
Back
Top