ASO - Ward Al-Taifi (with Siberian Musk, 1 year old) - I was preparing a quarter tola with about 3 drops of Taifi rose, and I thought to myself, why not use some rose oil which I'd been macerating some musk grains in? So I did and while I'll let that rest a bit before talking about it, a tiny bit spilled on the neck, and I quickly rubbed it on my fingers and then onto my shirt sleeves. Then I applied some to my wrists, remember this is just remnants, and folks the scent is indescribable! First off, it smells completely difference on my shirt sleeve, floral, aromatic, citrus-y and just a hint of spice, I wish I could bottle that scent and use it as a spray!! On my wrist the scent is more how I remember the neat oil being, however with this furry undertone, like velvet texturally, sweet and cooling, and a bit of the sharpness of the neat otto is gone but what's replaced it, is anything but reduction! I really like this shirt, but if I had the ability to, I'd cut chunks out and send it to you guys .... 🤤

ASO, if you guys sold this, perhaps as a pairing with the Mysore Maceration I think it would be game over!
I want half! Sounds divine!
 
Lupus & Vega - Ephemeral Oud

Amazing first impression trying a new artisan. Sweet, sultry, and it feels like it slowly develops warmth after you take a swipe. It doesn’t come off as smoky itself but it’s more like a smoke infused woody musky base, the different components are blended masterfully, and it’s easy to find this fragrance deeply satisfying. I’m genuinely surprised at how good it smells given the price point. This attar is a steal and must have for rose-oud lovers!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3824.webp
    149.7 KB · Views: 97
Yes, absolutely. Again, some people advertise for EO items here in the Marketplace. More do so on Ouddict Exchange. Then there's an Oud and Attar Exchange that sees a lot of EO business. There are other pages but it's pretty much the same people cross-posting.
I did check out the marketplace here, but didn’t see anything too compelling that wasn’t already sold lol. I will take a look at Ouddict Exchange though, appreciate you mentioning that!
 
Al Hind Oud - Bilquis Al Ward

Full disclosure: I’m new to sandalwood oil, so I probably didn’t have the necessary experience to appreciate this as it came. The original attar wasn’t my favorite, enjoyable dry down but an hours-long opening that I wasn’t fond of. I did also get a sample of Al Hind’s One Tree Sandalwood Oil, which is beautiful. Creamy, buttery, slightly sweet, dry down lasts forever - 10/10. I was expecting the characteristics of Bilquis Al Ward to be closer to the sandalwood oil, but they’re very distinct.

So I decided to make a couple modifications, let it sit for a few months, and the resulting oil is phenomenal. Retains a subdued version of the original green/tart opening but the floral notes are elevated. Not sweet or creamy upon application, but becomes more and more so over the course of the day. The dry down is downright addictive, and I don’t know how to explain it but it feels like the oil alternates between phases of being green/woody/powdery vs floral/creamy/sweet, both facets are preset throughout, but one always seems dominant. I’m glad I got this and was able to use it as a foundation to create something I really enjoy.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3829.webp
    164.7 KB · Views: 67
scent_talks - Jannatul Ma'wa - Smokey civet, with notes of leather, but not the sort of leather castoreum would impart, this squarely reminds me of the sweetened leather (dare I say chocolately) civet quality you might find in some ghaliyas. Yesterday I was convinced some of the smoke-iness was from tobacco, which alongside the bitterness perhaps from some spices (or ambergris and oud), creates this very serious, yet inviting and confident scent profile. The smoke is minimal and kinda hovers in the background, close sniffs reveal a resinous backdrop, contributing a sweetness, and cold smoke. I'm reminded of Cuir de Tabac, but only slightly it's way spicier than this, I'm also reminded of Pheromone Intense, and the King Solomon series, coupled with Tabac d'un autre Monde, but that one, only in relation to its sweetness.

I think of Jannatual Ma'wa as a stepping stone, before one jumps into the other blends I mentioned, with the exception of Tabac d'un autre Monde, start with this one. There's also a bitter orange note I'm getting in the mid now, but it's not overwhelming the profile, just offering a nice finish at the tail end of the sniff! It's kinda represents a golden ratio of sorts, at least for my tastes, there's a magical confluence of oud, musk, civet and spices and resins which I can't help but love every sniff of!
 
scent_talks - Dhul Qarnain II (sample)

This attar unfolds as bright bergamot and green tea lift the opening before melting into a refined heart of Damask rose, Rose de Mai, and orange blossom. Thyme is ever-present and is noticeable. It’s all lush yet impeccably balanced. Beneath it all, aged Hindi oud, vetiver, palo santo, and warm accents of saffron, nutmeg, and Roman chamomile create a serene, elegant depth that has a silky smoothness to it.

I haven’t even gone through all of the ingredients as there is too many to name but the attar is splendidly amazing.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2299.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 60
Who is "scent-talks"? any information on this vendor? I feel like I've been seeing a whole lot of products mentioned from this source recently but I've never seen their site. I just visited one web site with that name but that can't be the right one. Is this an ouddict member?
 
Who is "scent-talks"? any information on this vendor? I feel like I've been seeing a whole lot of products mentioned from this source recently but I've never seen their site. I just visited one web site with that name but that can't be the right one. Is this an ouddict member?
either him or his brother are an Ouddict member but he lays low. You can find him on IG with the handle scent_talks. Tell him mobyus sent you. He is to attars what green thumbs are to plants 🪴.
 
scent_talks - Musk AlAmbar (sample)

This has 3 simple ingredients: Deer musk grains, Ambergris, and Hindi ouds.

I added this to Dhul Qarnain as i wanted to see the performance of musk and amber alongside it. Man what a difference this makes. The musk is anchoring the florals and giving the scent a living pulse. I’m getting notes of Black Forest cake, slight animalics, and chocolate 🍫. It’s incredible how the use of musk uplifts the composition. I saw the grains on my hands and expected a certain undesirable scent but got chocolate instead. Very gourmand given it’s only 3 ingredients.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2300.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 63
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1468_11zon (1).webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Adghal by brother @Habz786

It was my go to oil for my daily Quran sessions in the morning.

I don't know what it was that made me apply this wonderful attar everday before sitting at my desk and studying the Quran in the morning. Maybe it was the Sandelwood that created this aura of tranquility, or maybe it was the note of musk that humbled me. Maybe it was the beauty of the rose that reminded me of the mercy from the almighty. Or maybe it was the administration for the skilled hands that created this composition.

It was truly remarkable and accompanied me during so many months.


I say „was“ because it fell and shattered into pieces. I was truly sad and angry at myself for letting it fall, but everything happens for a reason

Funny thing is that I haven’t paid attention to it when receiving it, but after a while it was like a companion to me.

But at the end of the day Alhamdulillah for everything
 
Lupus & Vega - Ephemeral Oud

Amazing first impression trying a new artisan. Sweet, sultry, and it feels like it slowly develops warmth after you take a swipe. It doesn’t come off as smoky itself but it’s more like a smoke infused woody musky base, the different components are blended masterfully, and it’s easy to find this fragrance deeply satisfying. I’m genuinely surprised at how good it smells given the price point. This attar is a steal and must have for rose-oud lovers!
Thank you very much.
 
Attar of the day :

AHO Bilquis Al Ward 🍯🌹🐝🥐🥞🍦🪵
MesOud Turabi 🌹💐🏵🍋🍊🍍🍏🪵🦌

These kind of Codistillation deserve to be collected by all of us …
These are true Attar… True beauty!
Where Turabi is sharp and complex with so much notes coming to mind, it definitely remind me a part of Begum !!
This Attar works like a perfume !

Bilquis Al ward is absolutely beautiful with that typical gourmand aroma we know from Bilquis seri but with additional notes that are really enjoyable… the rose is very well balanced here and doesn’t talking too much ! An additional green aspect that you don’t have in original Bilquis … almost Chypre perfumy flavor …

Both are amazing and I definitely need to explore Attars and Mukhallat world !
 
ASO - Ward Al-Taifi (with Siberian Musk, 1 year old) - I was preparing a quarter tola with about 3 drops of Taifi rose, and I thought to myself, why not use some rose oil which I'd been macerating some musk grains in? So I did and while I'll let that rest a bit before talking about it, a tiny bit spilled on the neck, and I quickly rubbed it on my fingers and then onto my shirt sleeves. Then I applied some to my wrists, remember this is just remnants, and folks the scent is indescribable! First off, it smells completely difference on my shirt sleeve, floral, aromatic, citrus-y and just a hint of spice, I wish I could bottle that scent and use it as a spray!! On my wrist the scent is more how I remember the neat oil being, however with this furry undertone, like velvet texturally, sweet and cooling, and a bit of the sharpness of the neat otto is gone but what's replaced it, is anything but reduction! I really like this shirt, but if I had the ability to, I'd cut chunks out and send it to you guys .... 🤤

ASO, if you guys sold this, perhaps as a pairing with the Mysore Maceration I think it would be game over!
I don't think I understood what was going on here, are you suggesting a blend of our Hekayat with ward Taif?
 
I don't think I understood what was going on here, are you suggesting a blend of our Hekayat with ward Taif?
Not quite, just an offering with which paired a bottle of Hekayat with a bottle of musk macerated in ward Taifi. I can't say it makes good business sense, or that there'd be much of an audience but I was so in love with the scent, the idea came, if people enjoy Hekayat so much, this would give them another viewpoint into musk!
 
Not quite, just an offering with which paired a bottle of Hekayat with a bottle of musk macerated in ward Taifi. I can't say it makes good business sense, or that there'd be much of an audience but I was so in love with the scent, the idea came, if people enjoy Hekayat so much, this would give them another viewpoint into musk.

something like this coming inshAllah after Ramadan
 
Scent Talks - Safran tabac imperiale
The moment I lifted the vial, the air turned molten with saffron. It greeted me not with sharpness, but with velvet fire: smooth animalics curling beneath it, like the whisper of well-worn leather in a spice market at dusk. A faint plume of tobacco follows, dry yet honeyed. Only a few swipes, and the world folds into something ancient, ceremonial. The saffron dances with the smoke of Hojari frankincense. Labdanum and castoreum bring a touch of dusk, animalic yet comforting; the living heartbeat of the fragrance. Hindu oud deepens the moment, dark and resinous, carrying that sacred undertone that only oud can deliver. As hours pass, Damask rose and jasmine sambac emerge like softened embers from beneath the saffron’s glow, floral, but veiled in mystique. Saffron Tabac Imperiale feels less like perfume and more like a ritual unfolding on skin. An oud-laced tapestry of smoke, spice, and memory. I can’t help but wonder what other tales Doc might tell with saffron — it’s a note that craves new forms.
 
scent_talks - Cigar Oud

This attar is dark, gourmand, and indulgent. Hindi oud and rich tobacco are wrapped in a smooth chocolatey warmth. I keep getting wafts of this chocolate over and over again. It’s then lifted subtly by saffron and spice, while rose and sandalwood soften the edges into something that’s so addictive and refined. Such a beautiful and pleasing attar. One of many from scent_talks.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2301.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top