scent_talks - Tobacco Vanille (sample)

I thought it would be appropriate to combine Tobacco Vanille with Cigar Oud. It smooths the composition and makes it more luxurious. The tobacco turns richer and more rounded, while vanilla adds a soft sweetness. Simply beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1478.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 74
Sulaym - Buraq (Blue Lotus Ghaliya), sample

This is one of the best Ghaliyahs I’ve ever smelled. I totally forgot I had this sample and am lucky 🍀 to have stumbled upon it. I think this is unreleased.

It opens with jasmine, blue lotus and musk. The heart feels citrusy, perhaps orange blossom/neroli? It’s sweet, tart, sour, tangy, and citrusy and not candy-ish like Jade Blaze or Elysium. And the base of rose and oud ground the whole composition. Not sure which I got right but this will definitely be on my bucket list should this be released. It’s absolutely gorgeous! Great job @SULAYM
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1481.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Sulaym - Buraq (Blue Lotus Ghaliya), sample

This is one of the best Ghaliyahs I’ve ever smelled. I totally forgot I had this sample and am lucky 🍀 to have stumbled upon it. I think this is unreleased.

It opens with jasmine, blue lotus and musk. The heart feels citrusy, perhaps orange blossom/neroli? It’s sweet, tart, sour, tangy, and citrusy and not candy-ish like Jade Blaze or Elysium. And the base of oud grounds the whole composition. Not sure which I got right but this will definitely be on my bucket list should this be released. It’s absolutely gorgeous! Great job @SULAYM
Buraq is one of the 3 oils that were released in the Rajab collection. you can find it here: https://sulaym.co.uk/products/the-rajab-collection
 
EO - Duplicating the Moon

It has a very fruity opening 🍌 🍇. It’s jammy, almost chewy, and I don’t recall it being so nice. It’s fresh and minty. The orris butter is creamy and delectable. The jasmine plays so well with the other ingredients. Again, the fruit is just so good. This is a winner.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2310.webp
    70 KB · Views: 58
EO - Duplicating the Moon

It has a very fruity opening 🍌 🍇. It’s jammy, almost chewy, and I don’t recall it being so nice. It’s fresh and minty. The orris butter is creamy and delectable. The jasmine plays so well with the other ingredients. Again, the fruit is just so good. This is a winner.
I received a complimentary full bottle of this from Ensar Oud. I did not like it initially because of its burnt cigarette smell component. Very nicotinic!

I didn’t want to dispose it so I thought about adding rose and ylang-ylang to counter the cigarette smell. A month later, I revisited the concoction and discovered that it turned into a sweet, nicotinic rose and oud combination. Now, I use it.
 
I received a complimentary full bottle of this from Ensar Oud. I did not like it initially because of its burnt cigarette smell component. Very nicotinic!

I didn’t want to dispose it so I thought about adding rose and ylang-ylang to counter the cigarette smell. A month later, I revisited the concoction and discovered that it turned into a sweet, nicotinic rose and oud combination. Now, I use it.
Interesting how different people perceive scent. I’m not getting any cigarette smell. Maybe because I smoke.
 
Ghaliya Banu Hashim 2025 - An Najwa

Im too lazy to search for the thread about what we regret missing out on in 2025 but a full bottle of this would fill my top three slots on that list. Curses to tariffs and a downturn in my income later in the year for keeping me from getting this. Many thanks to him though for including a sample of this in an order. I woke up today and knew I wanted to wear this and it was the right choice. Im always surprised when I revisit this attar because it’s top notes shift and totally take me by surprise each time I wear it. Also, I have to admit that all my recent blending lately had been based around chasing at least some small aspect of the miles deep musk/oud note that threads through this from beginning to end. It was spicier today and it really does remind me of hashish steeped in warm milk (among many other things, sometimes rose, sometimes osmanthus, sometimes how I imagine heaven must smell). I’m grateful that it’s so strong that a tiny dot has perfumed me for a solid 8 hours and it shows no signs of stopping. A warm enveloping cloud has risen up around me every few minutes and I keep getting lost in it. Here’s hoping for version 3!!!!
 
Last edited:
All morning, I’ve been wearing Sulaym - HM SQ Burmi ‘79 on my wrists & beard. Decided to apply Ensar - Purple Rain attar to my clothing. A deliberate choice as the purple tonality of both oils compliment each other well.
Purple Rain is a testament to Ensar’s skills as a perfumer. It recalls vintage French perfumery with its masterful blending.
The top note is electric, a zingy burst of Taif rose & jasmine. A voluminous, powdery, earthy orris note emerges in the mid as the bright top notes loose their luminosity & the composition shifts to dark purple.
Malaysian Purple Kinam Oud, Deer Musk, Amber-Labdanum, Leather & Orris butter dominate in the base. A masculine, yet dandified musky powdery leather. I love Ensar’s work when he leans into the classical aristocratic French style.
 
Last edited:
Sulaym - Buraq (Blue Lotus Ghaliya), sample

This is one of the best Ghaliyahs I’ve ever smelled. I totally forgot I had this sample and am lucky 🍀 to have stumbled upon it. I think this is unreleased.

It opens with jasmine, blue lotus and musk. The heart feels citrusy, perhaps orange blossom/neroli? It’s sweet, tart, sour, tangy, and citrusy and not candy-ish like Jade Blaze or Elysium. And the base of rose and oud ground the whole composition. Not sure which I got right but this will definitely be on my bucket list should this be released. It’s absolutely gorgeous! Great job @SULAYM
Ok, so I got a sample of this too. I bought the full size bottle because I really enjoyed it. Trust me when I say that if you take a generous swipe of this from the bottle, you’re basically enveloped in a cloud of sweet and musky blue lotus for hours. It was so much more intense than my experience with the sample I received, and I mean that in the best way possible. Definitely an oil that instantly boosts my mood!
 
Sulaym - Elysium II Ramadan 1447 (sample)

This is like Elysium but more sweet and floral. The florals and ambergris feel turned up a notch. I still have Elysium and Elysium EdM. I’m probably content with that. But this would be a nice surprise for those that have neither. Eager to see what the ingredients are for this one. Projection and sillage are high.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2315.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 48
Sulaym - Elysium II Ramadan 1447 (sample)

This is like Elysium but more sweet and floral. The florals and ambergris feel turned up a notch. I still have Elysium and Elysium EdM. I’m probably content with that. But this would be a nice surprise for those that have neither. Eager to see what the ingredients are for this one. Projection and sillage are high.
Elysium is probably my favourite attar from sulaym, so I wonder how elysium 2 compares for me
 
EO - Duplicating the Moon

It has a very fruity opening 🍌 🍇. It’s jammy, almost chewy, and I don’t recall it being so nice. It’s fresh and minty. The orris butter is creamy and delectable. The jasmine plays so well with the other ingredients. Again, the fruit is just so good. This is a winner.
What a great name! I’m horrible at naming blends. And you must get a good one.
 
Sulaym - Elysium II Ramadan 1447 (sample)

This is like Elysium but more sweet and floral. The florals and ambergris feel turned up a notch. I still have Elysium and Elysium EdM. I’m probably content with that. But this would be a nice surprise for those that have neither. Eager to see what the ingredients are for this one. Projection and sillage are high.
I just tried my sample on a moment a ago. It's very sweet and floral, but in a good way. It's lovely. But it doesn't remind me of anything Sulaym's done previously. I'm going to have to find my Elysium and put it on my other wrist for comparison.

Glad to see your comment here. I was wondering if I'd picked up the wrong vial for a moment.
 
Lots of oils worn today, which isn't unusual but I was able to keep somewhat of a record of them.

Prior to shoveling this morning I wore a bespoke scent_talks creation, Oud Musk. This isn't a light and carefree sort of fragrance it's heavy, powerful, and extracts a bit of the animalistic side of musk but tempers it. The musk feels fried, or perhaps boiled in milk, I don't why my mind goes it always does with this one. To compliment it, I thought why not wear something with ambergris, so I touched it up with Sokkat AlTeeb's Tarkeeb al Malaam, a beautiful combination. And to round it off, I added to it a bit of Sokkat AlTeeb's Ruby, which ... now this might not be a flattering comparison, but its opening reminds me of refrigerated vegetables in a grocery store for whatever reason, and I seem to enjoy it, so go figure :Laugh: Though it does become quite beautiful, reminding me of a smokey herbal touch, and later in the dry down, musk macerated in Hindi oud.

Post shoveling I wanted something refreshing and thought back to scent_talks Raja Khus, a blend which is significantly less floral than Luxe Vetiver and less spicier than Vetiver Extraordinaire. All three are favorites, the latter two use those aforementioned traits to lighten the character of the Khus, though it is very much apparent. Raja Khus tries to preserve the scent profile of the Khus and feels much more carefully decorated and minimal. It gives me the feeling of a good Ruh Khus without having to bear with some of the metallic, sour top notes. That being said, there's a water-y floral quality to it, which is quite subtle but really wonderful!

After that I wore Maysam al Ward Ta'ifi's Dehn al Hejaz Ateeq, a wonderful oud, musk and rose mukhallat, but the rose is not bright and energetic, instead it's syrupy but in a way I can't quite express, and not a common designer manner either. It's also mostly an aged Hindi oud with Ta'ifi rose oil, as well as some more aged oils, but there's a quality to this blend, which is almost Rooh Afza like, but I don't believe its the use of Pandanus. I've been wondering if it's a native Hejazi herb such as البشام but as I've not been able to sniff that or learn anything solid this is complete speculation. The blend was intended to mimic to scent of herbalist stores in the area, which in the past also sold oud oils, and woods, etc. Perhaps benzoin in some form since I know it's very important in some incense blends, and might have been stocks at such stores.

Following that I wore Manzar Oudh's Meghalaya. What can I say that I haven't already mentioned? It's a sweet, herbal beauty of a Hindi oil, just brings me deep calm. That wood soaked in resin scent ... I can't get enough of! Some Hindi oils in the pursuit of "smelling clean" lose all their character (not speaking of Artisan oils here) and it just seems like such a waste to me. A Hindi oil needs to capture that specific character which no Crassna can approach. the herbal resinous woody mid, perhaps a bit vaporous. Even Ajmal's Ameeri I feel falls short, though it's not the worst offender. An oud needs to speak to you, either in how it captivates you or challenges your perceptions and bends them over time. Meghalaya does that for me, its development is anything but linear, and always manages to surprise me. I'll be aging this and I have no doubt this will continue to become more beautiful as time goes on!
 
Back
Top