scent_talks - Kehwa Samarkand and Red Hot Rose III

This pairing is pure elegance with attitude. Red Hot Rose brings a deep, spicy, animalic rose wrapped in saffron, oud, and musk, while Kehwa Samarkand adds a refined layer of tea, coffee, citrus, and warm spices. Together, they create a rich and intoxicating fusion. Floral, smoky, and bitter-sweet. It feels luxurious, and addictive. I loved seeing the musk sediments at the bottom of the Kehwa Samarkand. It feels authentic and I shook it with passion.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2346.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 83
It’s sold out. Too bad. Thanks for the info though.
@mobyus - looks like it’s back in stock!

 
@mobyus - looks like it’s back in stock!

I’m out of ammo for the time being 😔
 
Scent Talks - Memorabilia
Right off the bat, SMOKEY. Betel Leaf is strong. The smell flawlessly makes me taste tartness and as if I am walking away from standing in front of a smoker grill. Powerful stuff. Very different. This is my first ever fragrance that has betel leaf.
As it settles I am getting notes of raspberry. He states he has pineapple in this; unfortunately I am not getting that note, but will take my time to see where it's at. The base host of prachin and Hindi oud. The Doc must have used a bit more prachin in this one.
If you want something different in your collection, I recommend this one.
 
Scent Talks - Memorabilia
Right off the bat, SMOKEY. Betel Leaf is strong. The smell flawlessly makes me taste tartness and as if I am walking away from standing in front of a smoker grill. Powerful stuff. Very different. This is my first ever fragrance that has betel leaf.
As it settles I am getting notes of raspberry. He states he has pineapple in this; unfortunately I am not getting that note, but will take my time to see where it's at. The base host of prachin and Hindi oud. The Doc must have used a bit more prachin in this one.
If you want something different in your collection, I recommend this one.
i've got to get my hands on some betel leaf oil! i've seen more mentions of this in the last month or so than in the previous 56 years of my life so I think it's a sign I need to find a little bit of the oil.
 
Let me attach the notes
thank you, I must admit that I was talking about betel leaf in general, i'm interested in the raw material as an ingredient to use in perfume making. The perfume looks interesting as well of course.
 
Lupus & Vega - Brotherhood Oud

I got a sample of this with my order last month and I’m finally wearing it today. Only been about two hours but I’m loving it so far! I’m not always a fan of spice in fragrance, especially not clove, but it’s actually done really well here. Warm, oudy, spicy, funky (not in a barnyard way, no offending notes here), tangy rather than sweet. Really easy to enjoy this one.
 
Lupus & Vega - Brotherhood Oud

I got a sample of this with my order last month and I’m finally wearing it today. Only been about two hours but I’m loving it so far! I’m not always a fan of spice in fragrance, especially not clove, but it’s actually done really well here. Warm, oudy, spicy, funky (not in a barnyard way, no offending notes here), tangy rather than sweet. Really easy to enjoy this one.
Thank very much! The oud is a Hindi, but it’s aged, from 2018, so a lot of the funk left it a while ago. That’s why I used it. I know Hindis are dividing, and I wanted to represent ouddict’s family of oud lovers, so I went for something that’s easy to appreciate and love. I appreciate the kind word. ;-)
 
Oh ho!! Bilquis al Ward from @AlHind Oud is smelling just fantastic right now. I feel like it has seriously progressed since the last time I took a whiff. when I smell it from the dipstick I am greeted by the aroma of marzipan, but on skin it's entirely different. What motivated me to post this the presence a rich facet I am picking up on for the first time here (in addition to the sandalwood, Rose, and CK elements that I initially tuned into) that is almost like the scent of korean ginseng. A kind of warm resinous herbal rooty quality. it is good!

Very nice balanced beautiful blend!
 
Wearing an amber blend I made for my own amusement - tonka, benzoin, tolu, ambrette, balsam peru, styrax, vanilla, clary, bergamot, sweet orange, patchouli, labdanum, oud, rose, and a half dozen or so other materials. This is a blend that I am fascinated with - makes a great personal scent if applied with moderation and I'm fascinated with trying to modify and alter it because there is so much potential with all of these different wonderful base materials for very beautiful and very long lasting transitions on skin. One basic thing I'm trying to figure out now is if there is some more optimal ratio of citrus to the other elements than I've settled on for this batch, and also if I may want to introduce some different types of citrus to the blend or just stick with what I've got.
The optimal amount of citrus is always "a lot".

-- California native
 
The optimal amount of citrus is always "a lot".

-- California native
I'll tell you... the experiences I had during the brief time I lived in California had me feeling that in a jiffy - I cannot believe the quality of the fruit that was coming off some of the trees that were just part of the landscaping at the school I taught at.

Trees leafed entirely of petitgrain...

Covered with the most delightful flowers oozing the aroma that neroli wishes it was.

jasmine polyanthum vines growing like english ivy

paradise
 
I feel a bit late to the party with this attar but I have found a drop of it in some samples I have. SAMARQAND - ASO. What gentlemanly scent. A symphony of manliness. I could wear this alot. What a shame it's gone. I reckon this would be a head turner.
The OG, Samarqand brought to life a piece of fragrant history that was never told before. Very very special attar.
 
I'll tell you... the experiences I had during the brief time I lived in California had me feeling that in a jiffy - I cannot believe the quality of the fruit that was coming off some of the trees that were just part of the landscaping at the school I taught at.

Trees leafed entirely of petitgrain...

Covered with the most delightful flowers oozing the aroma that neroli wishes it was.

jasmine polyanthum vines growing like english ivy

paradise

> jasmine polyanthum vines growing like english ivy

This makes me homesick. My folks had a massive pot of jasmine, cestrum nocturnum, growing as a perennial.

I grow it anew every summer but it's not the same.
 
Back
Top