Wearing a blend of jasmine extractions - sambac and grandiflorum - been a while since i was on a jasmine kick... This is mostly grandiflorum with just enough sambac to make its presence known in the top notes before fading to a supporting role along with some other very low dose florals. Nothing better than good jasmine, though to me it feels like wearing it takes commitment, akin to choosing to wear a really barny hindi.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
scent_talks - Prachin Hind with Red Hot Rose III

A dark, spicy rose accord opens the scent. Think of RHR as the nitrous oxide to PH’s fuel. Then there is lush Damask rose and rosy geranium wrapped in warm saffron, sharpened by black pepper and cardamom. It then deepens into an animalic-woody core, where castoreum and Hindi oud add leathery intensity, grounded by earthy patchouli, creamy sandalwood, and soft musk for a sensual, long-lasting finish. Absolutely delicious 🤤
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2384.webp
    102.8 KB · Views: 20
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2385.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 22
Eau de Pipettes is my mukh of the day. I had been putting my disposable pipettes in this beaker for the last couple of projects. A bit of combined oil had dripped out into the bottom of the beaker which I washed out with alcohol. I was just going to dispose of it but the aroma is striking, a balance of labdanum and some amber elements with some of the more unusal extracts that i have made including reiryoko. The result is a soft warm medicinal labdanum heavy amber with smokey and maple notes from the rei ryoko. Pretty good for a random blend!
IMG_5869.webp
IMG_5870.webp
 
Last edited:
Hi Salam Oudheads 😇

MesOud Turabi 🌹🏺🍋💐🌺🌸💨🪵
AHO Bilquis 3 🍪🍯🍦🥐🥞🪵

Turabi remind me definitely Begum …
This Attar sharing lots of different notes melted in the same flowery base … the rose is unmissable but not like usual rose … it is a kind of litchee Liquor with a lemony citrusy frankincense very well balanced !
The Clay / Mitti flavor is perfectly balanced also with a touch of woodiness !
The muskiness of Civet and Deer musk grains are lightly, rightly used like salt and pepper …
I am falling in love with Attars and Turabi is a true treasure!

Bilquis 3 is an Attar which convince me about the fact that Oud and Sandalwood are Brothers …
If some saying old Mysore are creamy, gourmand , sweet, etc …
They doesn’t know Bilquis…
If you swipe the most sweet creamy Sandalwood oil close to Bilquis you will be amazed by Bilquis …
This attar got the best part of both CK and Sandal …
Cookie dough, creamy buttery vanilla gourmand aspect !
This attar got a 10/10 IMHO …
I prefer swipe this instead of any other sandalwood oil in my collection…
The CK add a huge amount of sweetness and creaminess… Gourmand flavor …
A real masterpiece !

I wish you all a Gooud swipe 💉🪵
And Ramadan Mubarak Ouddicts
☪️🕌🤲☝️
 
Every once in a while I feel compelled to drag this stuff out. Old ouddicts you probably don't need to read this you've seen it before...

The small bottle on the right is Tyson's pure white ambergris resinoid. It is a solid hard wax, every bit as hard as beeswax. Wonderful clean white ambergris aroma - just the ideal profile, he used excellent material and just did a great job extracting the stuff. It's looking a little bit fluid in this picture because I just warmed and re-melted these.

The large bottle on the left was my attempt at a full on oil of ambergris - I had to add something to liquefy it, so it's a little over a gram of the white ambergris resinoid meted into a gram of 2002 tamil nadu whole tree sandalwood oil. sandal woold really seemed like the only possible choice as a carrier for the aroma. This was fine old white ambergris and with a quite mild scent. I would've preferred a truly odorless carrier but I can't think of any of that are appropriate. worked out great, the sandalwood does not interfere with the ambergris at all (which is already the Uber Fixative, sandalwood does not suppress it further). Very nice full ambergris scent, very much realizing the way in which it's adjacent to labdanum at this strength. I can definitely recommend good sandalwood oil as a carrier for ambergris but you will have to have less than 50% ambergris for it to remain fluid.

It's been macerating for many years - can't remember when I bought the resinoid exactly - 2016-ish i think . It's clear right now because I just re-melted it. It will stay pourable for a few weeks but over the course of months it gradually thickens as crystals of ambrein form and elongate. this is something that can happen with any extraction performed at higher temperature. Cold temperature infusions avoid the solidification issue.

IMG_5887.webp
 
Last edited:
going through some things here today… this is really nice ruh gulab from @An Najwa . Ruh al Ward Hasayan 2023 smells like a truly carefully selected specimen, with more lightness, freshness, sparkle and charm than most of the other Indian gulabs i have smelled. Definitely special stuff and standing out right now in a side-by-side with some other rose oils I've got from Hasayan. it's a luxury to have someone with a good nose picking out some of the best specimens - there is such great material in India but it's hard to tell from my perspective where to get the good stuff. An Najwa has never sent me anything other than excellent stuff 💯 %
IMG_5890.webp
 
Last edited:
Scent Talks - Musk Al Amber
Deer musk grains, aged amber, and Hindi oud. Incredible. Gotta love a great scent with only 3 ingredients. Wearable to any occasion. The oud is so little that it keeps the balance between the two stars. At times I can smell chocolate. That aged amber though is so so soo good.
Not my favorite of the Doc's work, but mmm mmmm this is an easy favorite.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    17713854888845070387279169410225.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 23
I've been messing around with various amber formulations, and I am coming to love these mixtures more and more the more I wear them and the more I make them. I think the presence of synthetic musks has turned me off to most of the ones I've stumbled on in the past. I found them interesting but not wearable. The natural alternatives are a different story.

This morning I am surrounded by beautiful balsamic spicy woody vanillin notes, leftovers from a swipe applied in the evening yesterday. These blends have some top note ingredients but they are basically 90% base note accords, and after an initial burst of citrus and tonka (in the ones that I've been working with) it's just this slowly breaking series of heavy waves of delicious sweet low lying aromas. Early on the mid note sweetness of patchouli, vetiver, tonka, and balsams...later on waves of sandalwood, oud, benzoin, labdanum and vanillin. Spicy aspects of patchouli linger through the whole thing. Just a wonderful genre of fragrance.
 
Wearing an attar im working on, trying to steer away from deep ouds, lustful narcotic flowers, and screaming rose oils.
Named (currently) Papillon, the intention is "What would a butterfly wear?". It should be airy, innocent, floral, pollen-like powderiness and slight sweetness, luminous.
Base on a no-soak Manipuri oud, green ,powdery, slightly bitter and creamy wet hay notes, along with slightly lemony ceylon sandalwood, a touch of osmanthus absolute, traditional Kashan rose, vintage burdur rose, and bitte Yuzu absolute.
I can proudly say its 80% finished, just a few more touches of perhaps Mimosa and Magnolia flower EO.
 
I just applied a swipe of some oak moss absolute bought from a premier supplier (Prima Fleur) in the mid to late 90's. Old stuff is kind of a crapshoot, but this oil is just incredible. I have some very fine contemporary absolute (non IFRA yugoslavian absolute from fraterworks) and the difference is remarkable - they are both excellent but the old oil is so much nicer - has a very beautiful clean appealing resinous oak moss scent that is remarkably dry, licheny and engaging. I don't know if it was better to begin with or if this is the effect of time, but it seems like this is another material you can confidently store long-term.
 
I just applied a swipe of some oak moss absolute bought from a premier supplier (Prima Fleur) in the mid to late 90's. Old stuff is kind of a crapshoot, but this oil is just incredible. I have some very fine contemporary absolute (non IFRA yugoslavian absolute from fraterworks) and the difference is remarkable - they are both excellent but the old oil is so much nicer - has a very beautiful clean appealing resinous oak moss scent that is remarkably dry, licheny and engaging. I don't know if it was better to begin with or if this is the effect of time, but it seems like this is another material you can confidently store long-term.
Apparently oakmoss becomes better when aged!
 
I just applied a swipe of some oak moss absolute bought from a premier supplier (Prima Fleur) in the mid to late 90's. Old stuff is kind of a crapshoot, but this oil is just incredible. I have some very fine contemporary absolute (non IFRA yugoslavian absolute from fraterworks) and the difference is remarkable - they are both excellent but the old oil is so much nicer - has a very beautiful clean appealing resinous oak moss scent that is remarkably dry, licheny and engaging. I don't know if it was better to begin with or if this is the effect of time, but it seems like this is another material you can confidently store long-term.

This one did🙂 (1960)
View attachment 53219
A tincture from 1960! That's interesting! I've got to try extracting some lichens.
 
I smelled a new perfume from @An Najwa yesterday, labeled "Apricot Absolu" this was a really fascinating blend to study. This is just my first impression but what an interesting perfume! the initial aroma is complex and multifaceted with spicy herbal fruity and floral notes shifting in and out of focus. As time passed, the aroma transformed into a very distinctive juicy apricot note, it feels like some sophisticated blending and perfumery is going on here! I really enjoyed the transformation that went through, it's quite distinctive yet definitely has that An Najwa signature.
 
Last edited:
Alhamdulilah this is my first Ramadan after becoming an all-out ouddict. Wearing beautiful fragrances to Taraweeh adds to the experience, and I hope that the people around me enjoy it as much as I do😅

First night: ASO Layl + Al Ghaliya perfume

Second night: ASO Zabad paste + Ishraq

Third night: Mesoud Musk/Amber/Rose Attar + ASO The Summit

Tonight: ASO Zumurrud + The Summit
 
Last edited:
Alhamdulilah this is my first Ramadan after becoming an all-out ouddict. Wearing beautiful fragrances to Taraweeh adds to the experience, and I hope that the people around me enjoy it as much as I do😅

First night: ASO Layl + Al Ghaliya perfume

Second night: ASO Zabad paste + Ishraq

Third night: Mesoud Musk/Amber/Rose Attar + ASO The Summit

Tonight: ASO Zumurrud + The Summit
Zumurrud 👑
 
Back
Top