Wow, I’m amazed at all of you who makes your own stuff

Would you care toExplain “ashtray smell” for me? I never thought of that as a positive description but maybe I’m missing something. curious …
It wasn’t pleasant or something I was going for. I had originally added just ambergris to the mitti attar but for some reason that made it smell like an ashtray. Like a lot. No idea why because the mitti itself didn’t. I was trying to sweeten up the base note but I guess that wasn’t the thing to do. So I ended up slowly tinkering with it. It was a good leaning experience and after a while I lucked into something that I ended up really loving. It taught me a lot. But, I started with 3 ml and I’m down to a little more than 2 ml now. Next time I’ll start with the musk first and build around that since musk and mitti are one of my favorites.
 
I commented somewhere in this forum something about EO Duplicating the Moon having a nicotinic/ashtray kind of smell. I was a heavy smoker about 20 years ago so I have memories of the said smell. I do not find it detestable, honestly.

In the said attar, though, I found this smell so overwhelming that, for the first time, I felt the need to add drops of rose, ylang-ylang, and vanilla oils. The adulterated attar somehow turned up very floral and to my liking. That nicotinic/ashtray smell is still discernible but now I feel that it serves as a support, making the floral components stand out.
Very similar experience. Ex-smoker here as well [but I do hate the smell. Of things I fear, smoking cigarettes again is up at the top). I ended up doing something similar with my attar. In a weird way it now reminds me of this Comme de Garçon perfume from the 90’s that had a burnt rubber smell in the opener. One of the first perfumes I smelled that had a usually terrible smell made into something beautiful.
 
Been slathering this on all throughout my day. Love it!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1172.webp
    103.1 KB · Views: 94
scent_talks - Tobacco Vanille

It opens with the warmth of tobacco leaves reminiscent of sitting in a cigar lounge. Gentle spices and earthy notes followed by the sweet creaminess of freshly cut vanilla pods. I’m also getting cocoa and dried fruits. It’s sweet, luxurious, and opulent.

Edit: God! This stuff is so potent. I had a shower and I can still smell it on my skin. My daughter said I smelled like cotton candy 😆
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2457.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Sulaym - Elysium, Édition de Musc

The potency of Elysium EdM is understated. Just a little gets my smelling like a high-end lollipop 🍭 (if there is such a thing). It’ve begun to appreciate how the ambergris is handled here as I compare it to AlAmbar by ALD which captures “whale vomit” in all its pungent, and gory glory.

On top of that, the florals and musk here are irresistible. I feel like I’ve had Elysium for such a long time. It’s outlasted many other ouds and attars in my boxes. Well, this is the 2nd iteration of Elysium (the 3rd is Elysium II) so….there you go.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1600.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 44
Sulaym - Elysium, Édition de Musc

The potency of Elysium EdM is understated. Just a little gets my smelling like a high-end lollipop 🍭 (if there is such a thing). It’ve begun to appreciate how the ambergris is handled here as I compare it to AlAmbar by ALD which captures “whale vomit” in all its pungent, and gory glory.

On top of that, the florals and musk here are irresistible. I feel like I’ve had Elysium for such a long time. It’s outlasted many other ouds and attars in my boxes. Well, this is the 2nd iteration of Elysium (the 3rd is Elysium II) so….there you go.
I am wearing this edition now.

Looking for more as I know this will not last me forever at this pace.
 
Azraq & Haseen - Habzoud. Received a sample each of these yesterday. Both Indian sandalwood based. Azraq has been distilled with blue lotus and Haseen has been distilled with marigolds. Out of the two I think I prefer Haseen but they are both lovely. Soft and gentle yet with decent projection. I think either sex could wear these. The blue lotus is fleeting throughout the sandalwood but doesn't disappear completely. The marigold is really interesting. I had a word coming to mind but couldn't put my finger on it. Once I read the description, Habz had nailed it. Herbaceous. This herb note of the marigold is not one I recognized and yet having smelled marigolds I can definitely notice it. Really different note to have in a sandalwood. Works very well.
 
Turabi from @mesOUD is excellent stuff!! just applied a swipe - wild deep alchemical medicinal oudy exotic smells like 100% high quality naturals with no compromises. these authentic codistilled attars are so distinctive- absolutely different from a simple mixture.
 
Hi Salam Ouddicts 🙂

Before sleeping I swiped Two beautiful oils !

TOL Vayu Musk 🦌🐪🍼🍫🌾👞🪵
MesOud Turabi 🌹🍋🏺🌸🥃🪵

Vayu Musk is juste unbelievable…
The musk totally melted into the Hindi Oud oil … it is almost impossible to smelling distinctly the musk …
What I am smelling is juste like one of the most beautiful Sultani vintage Hindi !
This oil is a powerhouse! This is Wild !
Not in terms of barn because it is not so barny … this is the soft smooth soothing addicting barn with a Choco milk & Corn flakes aroma and fresh hay mixed with vintage leather … honestly i am forgetting there is musk here …
I think the musk ratio is perfect as it gives another dimension to the Hindi and it improves all the nicest notes with an amazing aroma of Chocolate milk …
Wow this oil can be one of my favorite vintage Hindi … it is extremely well balanced and I can definitely thinking it it just An amazing Old hindi Sultani !

Turabi is such beautiful Attar… mama …
The rose works so well with assam Oud in Mehmet style … it gives a liquor Aroma with Lichee Sake flavor
The lemon notes from Frankincense works so well with the clay Mitti scent and everything is playing all together in a harmonious symphony!
Turabi is the must for those who missed Begum… I don’t say it is same … but you can identify Mehmet’s Rose/Oud Signature in both …

I wish you all a Gooud swipe Ouddicts💉🪵
 
Sokkat AlTeeb - Royal Moroccan Composition

This is a blend of Prachin Oud, Misk and Moroccan rose. This rose is really one of the most unique roses I’ve ever smelled. It has a citrus accent to it. Feels like white and yellow roses. The Prachin of course is a great medium from which to convey the beauty of roses within an oud base. The Misk is delicate but nice. Perfect for a daytime application. Really beautiful attar.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1675.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
spending all day with head fully inside of brother @Habz786 's incredible NASR attar... habz included this as a sample in a recent order, and i've been absolutely blown away by how fine the composition is. a really, really seamless blending of elements, so well harmonized... uplifting & comforting at the same time, beautiful evolution. i wonder if its the musk that produces that addictive, want to bury my face in it feeling... my wife keeps grabbing my wrist to take multiple deep inhales... will definitely be going for a full bottle soon as it's possible
 
House of Heartistry - Hippie Ghalyia - First time trying a velour (think paste/ nectar) from this house - and boy it's a beauty. A symphony of roses up front with their citrus aspects dialled up to 10 thanks to the terpenes that almost electrify the composition. SQ Florals, musk, oud all there humming in the background. Addictive. Cannot wait to see what comes of a potential collab with Kinamic.
 
Bourhan Oud - Kehailan Blend

Whilst this guy is making this blend he is definitely thinking in the words of Frazier Crane: “if less is more, think about how much more MORE can be!”.

I’m getting notes of oud, cherry cognac 🍒, ambergris, frankincense, Rose, and Luban. At first it seems overwhelming and confusing but as it settles, somehow it works like a grand symphony of olfactory proportions.

Here are the ingredients:

Trat Hatab Oud

Brunei Oud

Ceylani special brew Oud

Ariani gold Oud

SQ royal blend (I think this is Ambergris)

4 bottles of Amouage oil

3 mini bottles of Amouage oils (Rose, Sandalwood, Luban)

2 Henry Jacques Royal Turqoise cabinet (Kenny and Lyali Ibri)
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1678.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_1611.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back
Top