Hi Salam Ouddicts 😊

Today I swiped some amazing Attars and Mukhallat!!!

MesOud Begum OG II 🌸🌺🌷πŸ₯›πŸ₯ƒπŸπŸͺ΅
AHO Bilquis 3 🍯🍦🍼πŸ₯žπŸ₯πŸ§ˆπŸͺ
An Najwa Qaswara πŸ₯€πŸ‹πŸ’¦πŸ΅πŸπŸ«
TOL Kambo Musk πŸ“πŸ’πŸ‡πŸ¦ŒπŸ’¨πŸͺ΅

Begum OG II
Opening creamy milk scent with a pale rose, slightly dusty wood… lychee, a touch of pineapple, blue lotus flowers… Satisfying effect with a ouddicting aroma of clean bitter Agallocha !
Kind of Baby skin cream ( Bepanthen)
This version is more balanced than the OG which has more liquor lichee and rhum barrels …
This version is pinky compare to the reddish Begum OG …
Here I smell much more the Oudiness with a spΓ©cial milky flavor
Wow … this is only a new born …
Totally fell in love with this new Begum batch

Bilquis is an oil I already described to be literally the most Gourmand attars I ever experienced… Butter , cream , Vanilla so much more …
No words to describe correctly this Attar
Just delicious!

Qaswara I already described it … this is still one of my favorite Mukhallat…
That Cola Soda notes with cherry , vanilla & lemon is juste amazing!
This is a refreshing Scent which is very clean for something with musk !
I need to get much more of this !

Kambo Musk opening with an attractive Strawberry notes with cherry and other dried fruit and jam … a beautiful incensy note of wood and addicting resinous Oudiness!
Such beautiful combinations… the musk isn’t overpowering and is well balanced !
I really love it !!
It is a better version of Cambodi Royal !

I wish you all a very Gooud swipe πŸ’‰πŸͺ΅
 
Doing a little experimenting for a home blend with some predominant Australian terroir. I think I've nailed it down to:

-West Australian Sandalwood (spicatum)
-hojari infused with labdanum
-Manuka
-Anise myrtle
-Boronia
-Kunzea
-Fragonia

I think I'd like to try Tasmanian Lavender in one of the mods, and Southern Rosalina / lavender tea tree in another. Getting the balance right between the camphor and the butteriness of the manuka is the hard part. If I can get it right, I might add some white ambergris and jayapura oud.
 
Last edited:
Doing a little experimenting for a home blend with some predominant Australian terroir. I think I've nailed it down to:

-West Australian Sandalwood (spicatum)
-A blend of hojari with a touch of labdanum
-Manuka
-Anise myrtle
-Boronia
-Kunzea
-Fragonia

I think I'd like to try Tasmanian Lavender in one of the mods, and Southern Rosalina / lavender tea tree in another. Getting the balance right between the camphor and the butteriness of the manuka is the hard part. If I can get it right, I might add some white ambergris and jayapura oud.
that sounds like that could be wonderful. I like Fragonia, boronia is super interesting, I've always felt Manuka has potential... Aussie sandalwood would be a good thing to carry all of that, soften some of the edges and create a little space.

Manuka has always reminded me of oud - there is some overlap there (though just for a small fraction of its bouquet)
 
that sounds like that could be wonderful. I like Fragonia, boronia is super interesting, I've always felt Manuka has potential... Aussie sandalwood would be a good thing to carry all of that, soften some of the edges and create a little space.

Manuka has always reminded me of oud - there is some overlap there (though just for a small fraction of its bouquet)

Thanks! I've really grown off sandalwood lately, but having a few drops in the base seems to be doing a world of good. The Kunzea is a lovely intermediary to dial back some of the attack in the fragonia, and yes manuka is lovely - but very quickly starts to take up a lot of room if it's more than a touch, it seems.
 
Doing a little experimenting for a home blend with some predominant Australian terroir. I think I've nailed it down to:

-West Australian Sandalwood (spicatum)
-A blend of hojari with a touch of labdanum
-Manuka
-Anise myrtle
-Boronia
-Kunzea
-Fragonia

I think I'd like to try Tasmanian Lavender in one of the mods, and Southern Rosalina / lavender tea tree in another. Getting the balance right between the camphor and the butteriness of the manuka is the hard part. If I can get it right, I might add some white ambergris and jayapura oud.
Tagging the Aussies in case the might find this interesting @Olfactory Nomad @Oudnoob
 
Tagging the Aussies in case the might find this interesting @Olfactory Nomad @Oudnoob
Oh yes, definitely. Has anyone here played around with Buddha wood? It's also an Australian species. Sometimes called false sandalwood. Excellent as a base fixative. The wood powder is also very nice in incense. No where near as woody sweet as sandalwood if that makes sense but a bit drier. I haven't heard anyone mention it before but it's a worthy ingredient for compositions.
 
Oh yes, definitely. Has anyone here played around with Buddha wood? It's also an Australian species. Sometimes called false sandalwood. Excellent as a base fixative. The wood powder is also very nice in incense. No where near as woody sweet as sandalwood if that makes sense but a bit drier. I haven't heard anyone mention it before but it's a worthy ingredient for compositions.
I have a bottle of oil from Native Secrets - I enjoy mixing it into a diffuser, but it's a bit rich for this purpose I think
 
Doing a little experimenting for a home blend with some predominant Australian terroir. I think I've nailed it down to:

-West Australian Sandalwood (spicatum)
-A blend of hojari with a touch of labdanum
-Manuka
-Anise myrtle
-Boronia
-Kunzea
-Fragonia

I think I'd like to try Tasmanian Lavender in one of the mods, and Southern Rosalina / lavender tea tree in another. Getting the balance right between the camphor and the butteriness of the manuka is the hard part. If I can get it right, I might add some white ambergris and jayapura oud.
Love Boronia & fragonia. Nice choices.
I have that one too. It's creamy and floral. Quite nice. It doesn't lean narcotic or complex/muddy. It makes use of the best qualities of each material. I got mine in Dec or Jan. Almost half gone. I need to slow it up though as it will be perfect for spring!
sigh. I wish I could get more. But Bilaquis is a complete, true Attar. Not an accord. It's minimalism is enyoyed on its own. Blended with other materials would get create a mess.
 
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day

Ramadan is about to end & this was my scent for the Night of DecreeπŸ“œ

The best smoky-incense bakhoor scent I have experienced. The way Al Shareef have transformed the civet is remarkably obscure. One of the very few things I have backups for πŸ˜ƒ
 
View attachment 53636
Ramadan is about to end & this was my scent for the Night of DecreeπŸ“œ

The best smoky-incense bakhoor scent I have experienced. The way Al Shareef have transformed the civet is remarkably obscure. One of the very few things I have backups for πŸ˜ƒ
Love it when you love a β€˜fume so much you need one or two backup bottles of it. I am almost totally done with Bortnikoff’s Maximus, it might be the very first perfume in my decades-long life of collecting ouds and perfumes that I’ve ever finished a whole bottle of. (Well, I did finish off several bottles of Feminitite du Bois by Serge Lutens, but who’s counting, that was at least a decade ago.) But as far as naturals, Maximus is my favorite. It’s too bad they never got around to writing me back. I offered them full retail for a 50ml EdP and 3ml of the β€œAttar” of Maximus. I guess they didn’t have anything left, and don;t plan on creating it again? They could have written me back. Perhaps my email was lost, I’m sure they get a lot.
 
Finally having fun with oakmoss - hard to get this material in balance in part because of its unusually strong presence and very long dry down. Today I woke up with faint residues of oakmoss layered with the dry down of a new amber scent and some kinam oil and the combinations were just sublime.
 
Finally having fun with oakmoss - hard to get this material in balance in part because of its unusually strong presence and very long dry down. Today I woke up with faint residues of oakmoss layered with the dry down of a new amber scent and some kinam oil and the combinations were just sublime.
Oakmoss used in some formulations just smells like straight up 1970s shaving cream to me. It’s a hard pill to swallow. I have some perfumes and I do enjoy them in so far as having Oakmoss being a sort of active ingredient. But now, I’ve found that when I see that a perfume has Oakmoss in it I run the other way. Long dry down yes.
 
Oakmoss used in some formulations just smells like straight up 1970s shaving cream to me. It’s a hard pill to swallow. I have some perfumes and I do enjoy them in so far as having Oakmoss being a sort of active ingredient. But now, I’ve found that when I see that a perfume has Oakmoss in it I run the other way. Long dry down yes.
exactly my reaction, took me a long time to come around to a combination where it doesn't smell like shaving products!
 
Doing a little experimenting for a home blend with some predominant Australian terroir. I think I've nailed it down to:

-West Australian Sandalwood (spicatum)
-hojari infused with labdanum
-Manuka
-Anise myrtle
-Boronia
-Kunzea
-Fragonia

I think I'd like to try Tasmanian Lavender in one of the mods, and Southern Rosalina / lavender tea tree in another. Getting the balance right between the camphor and the butteriness of the manuka is the hard part. If I can get it right, I might add some white ambergris and jayapura oud.
After a little more tweaking, it looks like Tasmanian Lavender is a No, but Southern Rosalina and some White Cypress Leaf are both a Yes. Seems like Tasmanian Native Pepper could also be used to create a bit of extra space.

I'm left with two mods that I love, one where the mentholic/ camphor effect breaks through just enough to give some excitement to the top without saturating the other notes, another where the manuka sits ever so slightly more prominently so as to give some golden-toned bass and heft without being overwhelming.

I think I'm going to take the plunge and add to some Jayapura with some white ambergris.
 
old-fashioned raw unfractionated oakmoss absolute is a complete trip and because of its amazing properties it has basically been part of every blend I've worn in the past month. Small amount amounts transform everything that lands on your skin, for hours and hours. Radiates strong through showers and baths. It creates this cloud of musky fuzz that changes the smell of everything that passes through it. Amazing stuff, Herculean
 
Again, being positively surprised by oakmoss now that i have ratios worked out and keep the barbershop smelling stuff away from it. A totally different animal when paired with the right ingredients, I am amazed. Alchemical transformative aromatic magic.
 
Been a good month for perfume and attar making around here. I don't have the energy for the business side of it (I need to drop the "resident perfumer" title and revert to a regular member status) so I'm just focusing on my own perfumes and have figured out base note accords to perfection with respect to my own personal scent. Huge surprise after decades of experimenting honestly. I've been waking up every day this week smelling exactly the way I want to, and I can vary that and control it - can't believe how good I'm smelling. for me this phase of the fragrance is the most important because it occupies such a large block of time, and kind of determines your base/background fragrance for the day.

As a bonus I've also figured out how to include oakmoss in blends in an appealing way (to me) in the base / dry down accord, should I want to, which is just icing on the cake.

Been a good month for the aromas around here, as I said. πŸ™‚
 
Last edited:
Aligarh rose from @An Najwa smelling SO nice. You never can really appreciate what a fine natural material has to offer in the first couple of wearings in my experience. This is a fine oil, truly a premium specimen of ruh gulab, this became clearer with each additional wearing but I was really blown away today... Jaabir has a very good nose for rose, there is no doubt. Clean, sparkling, balanced citrus and geranium, nice broad spectrum from deeper to high register rose facets, no fermented or sweaty notes, the flowers must've been distilled immediately… awesome.
 
Back
Top