Oh man I still remember recoiling when I first smelled this. It was pleasant after a while but the opening killed me. I've gotta try it again now that you've brought it to my attention
I just got this one in and wowza yeah this one is tough for my nose, it is extremely spicy and herbal medicinal to my nose, honestly I do not pick up much of anything else and the projection is too much for me as I work from home.

This one will go on the shelf for a while and I look forward to seeing the changes that time brings about
 
I just got this one in and wowza yeah this one is tough for my nose, it is extremely spicy and herbal medicinal to my nose, honestly I do not pick up much of anything else and the projection is too much for me as I work from home.

This one will go on the shelf for a while and I look forward to seeing the changes that time brings about
Naseem has matured slightly. The yuzu, herbal opening when it was young has managed to come together with the castoreum.

Much softer now and full bodied. Fascinating how time changes it. A wonderful castoreum centric attar.

Turabi is much easier to take in and it is gonna be another attar that will age beautifully!
 
ASO - Rawdah attar

A very sharp Ruh Khus green and slightly minty opening with a hint of spices on a bed of musk. Quickly settles into a blissfully sweet and musky aroma which shares a small percentage of similarities to other attars from this house. Sumbawa Oud and Musk slightly reminiscent of Zumurrud. The deep, dark sweetness of Ambergris in Al Ghaliyah. That's what it feels like to me, Rawdah is a nod to fellow attars in the lineup but a completely different scent profile in its direction. Beautifully balanced attar.
 
EO - Marwa

This attar opens with spicy saffron and cinnamon morphing into smoky frankincense and myrrh, while spikenard adds an earthy, almost meditative depth. As it settles, oud wraps everything together, leaving a rich trail that feels both soulful and quietly powerful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Marwa.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 170
Scent Talks cigare oud. My 2nd favorite from my first purchase of his. This is the Christmas scent I am going with. It is rich and smooth. To me this is like a rich man's gourmand. It's boozy heavy dark chocolate with tobacco. A chocolate I want to eat.
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Ouddicts!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    17666841104667622757968763674396.webp
    61 KB · Views: 124
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG-20251205-WA0001.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
Scent Talks - Kehwa Samarkand

I’m getting notes of cinnamon, cardamom and other spices. It smells like freshly baked pumpkin pies and artisanal coffee. The rose 🌹 scent blooms from within the attar and caresses me. Once again, an attar from ST brings me out of the cloudy mood I’m in and things feel much better.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2179.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 101
Sulaym - Layla

Really grown on me since I first got it. I was turned off a bit by the overpoweringly floral start when I first tried this, but now I’ve come to appreciate it as a part of the whole experience. The transformation that occurs with this oil on the skin is genuinely satisfying. For me Layla begins as a dense but bright fragrance. However, as the oud and ambergris temper the bright florals, it becomes more ethereal and I’m able to discern multiple layers. The scent is never sweet for me, but as time progresses it does seem to become warmer, more well rounded, and increasingly enjoyable.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3708.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 95
Mukham Mariya, Al Zain Perfumes Colaba
The upshot is you can dab it on your hair too! Just heavenly sillage and comforting throughout the day!
It's one word.
Mukhammariya.

It's a traditional blend used in GCC mostly by women. Saffron based with oud and a type of "musk".

Watch out as it usually leaves red stains on skin and hair due to the saffron 🙂
 
It's one word.
Mukhammariya.

It's a traditional blend used in GCC mostly by women. Saffron based with oud and a type of "musk".

Watch out as it usually leaves red stains on skin and hair due to the saffron 🙂
Hey there! yes, it is one word, I just love to pronounce it that way ...yes the Saffron leaves pigmentation, which goes off overnight, that is bearable unless you are wearing light/ white clothes, so you need to be careful! Thanks for sharing, brother 🙏🏽
 
Scent Talks - Embelished Oud

This is a delightful attar that starts with a top of rose 🌹. Then I pick up the civet, musk, ambergris, and jasmine. At the base are multiple Hindi Ouds and Indonesian as well and a strong tobacco /cigar scent. The interplay of all these ingredients are masterfully composed. It balances florals, animalics, and tobacco wonderfully.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2188.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 86
i've been trying to get on top of organizing the overwhelming collection of samples and materials I have accumulated here. Trying to give each the time they deserve is overwhelming, yet studying the raw materials is the very life blood of the whole process, it makes me wish there were more hours in the day and more square centimeters of skin to test things on, and a miracle spray that would completely clear your palate on a moment's notice. The whole thing has snowballed at this point and I'll be playing catch-up for the rest of my life… that's a pretty good problem to have.

Presented in the photo here is my collection of just the sample sizes of oils and attars from @An Najwa . At one point or another I have shared my impressions of each of these here, some in more detail than others... but as I put the collection together I am kind of overwhelmed by the number and variety that is in front of me here - I am sort of humbled before these - would take many years to properly work through them and give them the attention that they deserve. Every one of these is high-quality and interesting on one level or another. Jasmine, vintage sandalwoods, musky attars, beautiful clean saturated oud, vibrant roses and of course the epic "GBH" - I am very fond of this one particular batch of the Ghaliya Banu Hashim and I have maybe half a milliliter of it which to me is like a treasure.

All good stuff, I plan to work my way through some of these again and share my thoughts, they deserve careful scrutiny and are worth reflecting on. what a nice lineup of 100% natural fragrance picked and/or blended by someone with a truly good nose for it.



[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Musk / sandalwood infusion from @Goodness Nose - this is something like 30% grains if I recall correctly. Sandalwood really does a number on the aroma of musk, but this has such a high % of musk that it is able to punch through the blanket more than usual. "Quantity has a quality all of its own" - this is good stuff, generously infused! Seems musk can soak up 2x its own weight in sandalwood no problem, this is like a paste.




IMG_4482.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Scent Talks - Ghalia Afzal (sample)

I put this on this morning and it’s a musk-heavy along with castoreum blend that’s balanced out by the tripura and Khalakhassi ouds present. But the best part of it is the rose 🌹 and pink lotus scents I’m getting. All contrasted against the saffron and Ruh Motia. It projects well and is really lovely to wear. I actually got a compliment from a family member saying I smell like the roses (points at the garden tree) on the tree.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2199.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 71
Scent Talks - Cigar Oud (sample)

Having applied Ghalia Afzal, I felt that it needed some uplifting. I usually use red hot rose III to do this but I wanted something different - like a tobacco scent.

Looked at my samples and found Cigar Oud. This is such a beauty with compliment of amazing ingredients that like like tobaccco, rose, cinnamon ,Oud, black pepper, and bergamot. But you know what really amazed me? Was the chocolate accord. It pulls everything in the right direction along with the cinnamon. It’s almost like an architectural foundation or embellishment.

This blend is unapologetically serious and opulent.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2200.webp
    94 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Scent Talks - Cigar Oud (sample)

Having applied Ghalia Afzal, I felt that it needed some uplifting. I usually use red hot rose III to do this but I wanted something different - like a tobacco scent.

Looked at my samples and found Cigar Oud. This is such a beauty with compliment of amazing ingredients that like like tobaccco, rose, cinnamon ,Oud, black pepper, and bergamot. But you know what really amazed me? Was the chocolate accord. It pulls everything in the right direction along with the cinnamon. It’s almost like an architectural foundation or embellishment.

This blend is unapologetically serious and opulent.
I do like tobacco, rose, and cinnamon..
 
@Goodness Nose 's patchouli-musk infusion today. Very patchouli-forward but the influence of the musk is easy to appreciate and it seems like an excellent pairing to me. Not saying anything I haven't said before several times, I admit
 
Scent Talks - Jamal Al Ardh (Sample)

This blend has refined confidence. The oud anchors the composition while the vetiver and oak moss create a good back bone. A floral heart of rose and blue lotus emerges with quiet elegance but softened by the sandalwood. Patchouli adds a resinous warmth that deepens the experience. Orange blossom lifts the whole blend while the spices are surprisingly restrained. This is an amazing blend that gets better and intensifies by the body’s warmth with each passing moment. It’s balanced and profoundly artisanal.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2211.webp
    49 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Back
Top