Today is my first test of Zakir Gafur - Duja, which is an unreleased attar that was sold in conjunction with a recent elixir release, Abode of Clouds, which I will review soon as well. Duja is primarily honey and cedarwood, anchored with crassna oud, patchouli, and sandalwood. There is the zakir gafur "signature" that smells of rose, vanilla, and saffron blended to a luxurious smoothness. This oil is potent and sweet and a great easy wearing attar.
 
Al Bayt Al Ateeq II from ASO

Received a small sample thanks to a generous ouddict. I have only worn small dots of this so far so my impression reflects this lighter application. I did a little digging but could not immediately find any information on its composition. I'm sure something is out there - perhaps under the description of the original release?

I am struck by the unreal performance of what I assume is the interplay of musk, ambergris, oud, and rose - tiny little swipes of this left a long lasting mark, and the aroma was complex and addictive.

I get the impression a relatively robust and agrestic oud was used - these types of oils have a very long lasting presence on skin, and I imagine some of the magic of this blend comes from this and the ambergris putting down a long smooth but naturalistic carpet or foundation for the rest of the fragrance to ride along on.

Powerful stuff that reminds me of some Ghaliyas I have smelled... in fact I'm guessing that this could be considered a type of ghaliya? don't wear a lot of this type of fragrance so I don't feel qualified to evaluate it relative to any others in its class, but it feels like a real classic scent, and like a very effective application of the raw materials - a really good demonstration of the unique fixative power of ambergris, musk and oud, and also of the ability of Rose to instill a sense of charm. I suck at teasing out the subtle nuances of these animalic attars, so I'm not going to venture a guess at what is in this besides the four that I mentioned (musk, oud, ambergris, rose).
 
Al Bayt Al Ateeq II from ASO

Received a small sample thanks to a generous ouddict. I have only worn small dots of this so far so my impression reflects this lighter application. I did a little digging but could not immediately find any information on its composition. I'm sure something is out there - perhaps under the description of the original release?

I am struck by the unreal performance of what I assume is the interplay of musk, ambergris, oud, and rose - tiny little swipes of this left a long lasting mark, and the aroma was complex and addictive.

I get the impression a relatively robust and agrestic oud was used - these types of oils have a very long lasting presence on skin, and I imagine some of the magic of this blend comes from this and the ambergris putting down a long smooth but naturalistic carpet or foundation for the rest of the fragrance to ride along on.

Powerful stuff that reminds me of some Ghaliyas I have smelled... in fact I'm guessing that this could be considered a type of ghaliya? don't wear a lot of this type of fragrance so I don't feel qualified to evaluate it relative to any others in its class, but it feels like a real classic scent, and like a very effective application of the raw materials - a really good demonstration of the unique fixative power of ambergris, musk and oud, and also of the ability of Rose to instill a sense of charm. I suck at teasing out the subtle nuances of these animalic attars, so I'm not going to venture a guess at what is in this besides the four that I mentioned (musk, oud, ambergris, rose).
I’ve been looking forward to trying this for awhile! Can’t wait to order this!!
 
OK it's a strong smelling Middle Eastern style musk SmackDown.

Two versions of the Ajmal AA musk gazelle (older and younger) and the Majid Itrji Red "pure" musk oil.

I'll get the Majid out of the way: it smells strongly of violet leaf absolute cucumber and baby powder and a certain pretty strong musky facet that smells largely synthetic but could theoretically have some proportion of natural musk in it. It's not an unpleasant aroma, I actually think violet leaf combines nicely with musk, but it is a very far thing from a natural musk.

The older Ajmal AA is excellent stuff. I have no idea if it's touched up with synthetic and how much natural musk is in there versus castoreum (I think this definitely has a bit of that ) and other things. A touch of it produces a truly delicious enticing addictive spicy musky resinous aroma, it layers disturbingly well with agarwood oil. there's an almost soapy quality to it initially after application but the transition to the resin musk and wood is pretty rapid.

The slightly more recent Ajmal AA which is still one of the old ones, is very similar to the previous but there's a little more pronounced emphasis of some sweet and honey like qualities, some shifting balance relative to the previous batch. very similar oil, same ridiculously over the top strong musky presence, but it comes off as perhaps a little less resinous. My olfactory system is blown out at this point… this stuff is so strong.

I'm not a connoisseur / collector of musks or musk mukhallats, but I recall that people with experience appreciated the aroma of this so I have always taken it as a kind of benchmark mystery musky mixture. not sure what the reality is. Whatever this is it's not close to a straight up infusion of musk into a neutral carrier. Smells like it could have musk in it, and does not have the chemical white musk smell of the Majid oil.

IMG_4257.jpeg
 
Last edited:
OK it's a strong smelling Middle Eastern style musk SmackDown.

Two versions of the Ajmal AA musk gazelle (older and younger) and the Majid Itrji Red "pure" musk oil.

I'll get the Majid out of the way: it smells strongly of violet leaf absolute cucumber and baby powder and a certain pretty strong musky facet that smells largely synthetic but could theoretically have some proportion of natural musk in it. It's not an unpleasant aroma, I actually think violet leaf combines nicely with musk, but it is a very far thing from a natural musk.

The older Ajmal AA is excellent stuff. I have no idea if it's touched up with synthetic and how much natural musk is in there versus castoreum (I think this definitely has a bit of that ) and other things. A touch of it produces a truly delicious enticing addictive spicy musky resinous aroma, it layers disturbingly well with agarwood oil. there's an almost soapy quality to it initially after application but the transition to the resin musk and wood is pretty rapid.

The slightly more recent Ajmal AA which is still one of the old ones, is very similar to the previous but there's a little more pronounced emphasis of some sweet and honey like qualities, some shifting balance relative to the previous batch. very similar oil, same ridiculously over the top strong musky presence, but it comes off as perhaps a little less resinous. My olfactory system is blown out at this point… this stuff is so strong.

I'm not a connoisseur / collector of musks or musk mukhallats, but I recall that people with experience appreciated the aroma of this so I have always taken it as a kind of benchmark mystery musky mixture. not sure what the reality is. Whatever this is it's not close to a straight up infusion of musk into a neutral carrier. Smells like it could have musk in it, and does not have the chemical white musk smell of the Majid oil.

View attachment 51846
Looks really good!
 
Areej Le Dore - Galia

This is an amazing Galia. With the Oud and pungent deer musk being the tops. The rose and jasmine being the heart notes. the pine oil and resin presents a solid base.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2126_11zon.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 70
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2128_11zon.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 57
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2129_11zon.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 56
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2125_11zon.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 57
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2127_11zon.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 76
is it new, not for you, but for Russian Adam?
I don’t know. I got it through a private sale. I’m guessing this came as a bonus when he released his classics edition. And for those who bought it.
No, this was early 2025, it was set designed around some of his most favorite and precious aged oud oils. The whole set was around 1390 USD (for all 6 bottles) iirc and the bottles ranged from 190 USD to 360 USD for the most expensive one. It wasn't well received, either the fans of his aren't fan of oud or for some reason they enjoy spray fragrances more. One was a Kinam distillation with rose water I think, another was based on Papuan oud, then there was the Ghalia which was based on an aged Vietnamese oil with jasmine and musk, then there was a Cambodian oud based one, and a violet and Sri Lankan oud based one, and lastly the one based on aged Indian oud. You can read about them here and there's also the release video which has some sound issues, i.e. use subtitles
 
No, this was early 2025, it was set designed around some of his most favorite and precious aged oud oils. The whole set was around 1390 USD (for all 6 bottles) iirc and the bottles ranged from 190 USD to 360 USD for the most expensive one. It wasn't well received, either the fans of his aren't fan of oud or for some reason they enjoy spray fragrances more. One was a Kinam distillation with rose water I think, another was based on Papuan oud, then there was the Ghalia which was based on an aged Vietnamese oil with jasmine and musk, then there was a Cambodian oud based one, and a violet and Sri Lankan oud based one, and lastly the one based on aged Indian oud. You can read about them here and there's also the release video which has some sound issues, i.e. use subtitles
Thanks for the links to the oils. Makes me want to pull the trigger on Civet de Nuit.
 
Hasna - Habzoud. Going through some sandalwood samples this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find a sample of this stashed amongst them. I believe I thought it a sandalwood at the time of receiving and didn't follow up with it. Since then, I have chatted with brother @SamiterkiW about it not realising I did in fact have a sample of this stunning attar. Wow! It's honestly like the dreamiest sandalwood I have ever come across. The frangipani floral notes are there but not dominating. Rather they have seamlessly become one with the wood. All sandalwood fiends need to try this.
 
Scent Talks - The Black Stone w/Lux Vetiver II

I keep coming back to Scent Talks’ attars with great and anticipation and am never disappointed in an anti-climax fashion. It’s less about what the ingredients are and more about how the ingredients are blended. He can give you the proportions confidently but knows that there is no way in hell you’ll know how to blend it the way he does.

I have added a sample of Lux Vetiver II to add a grassy, and vegetative edge to uplift the scent with something green. It works well. But I think I prefer the hot rose III in combination with any of his attars.

So what I end up getting is a slightly animalic, warm, cinnamon, sweet oudy, and festively spicy concoction. Kudos!

Have you tried his attar "Pheromone Intense"? I am going to put an order of 2 or 3 attars this week-end, all those great reviews piqued my curiosity !
 
Lupus & Vega - Prayers Wordless

Every time I wear this I get my mood uplifted and feel joy. In addition to Shamama Agarood, I also use this as a sleep aid. Lupus & Vega is the only vendor where I feel spiritual when wearing his stuff.

Regarding the notes, the frankincense does a lot of the heavy lifting here. So it’s kind of lemony. But I’m also getting cinnamon. It is a dominant scent. I’m also getting brand new upscale restaurant furniture vibes. Different than the usual antique furniture notes we hear, talk about, and seek sometimes.

This attar is perfect for a lunch with the family, reading a book, or prayer and meditation.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    Prayers:wordless.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top