Oudique - SQ Atelier, Multazam 1980

To be honest, this smells like a blend of mine (I must be getting good!). It’s so opulent with the rose weaving in and out. The musk is ever-present and gentle. The ambergris gives it that fixative longevity. And the saffron, I think the saffron is making me associate it with my first blend. Very regal attar to say the least.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2756.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2757.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Spikenard extract of my own making, this has some of the dryness of patchouli, some amber like sweetness, and then the classic spicy musky herbal heart. I enjoy wearing spikenard and I enjoy this one in particular.
[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This was my gateway drug and first scent talks blend I bought that triggered my muskapades. Right away, the cinnamon, rose and orange hit me. It’s so well-rounded but deep, rich and complex. There’s this slight pink bubblegum scent to it. The birch tar gives it this slight sticky texture that’s lovely and enhances the smokiness of the tobacco. The choice of Hindi and Prachin ouds is on point. The musk here and civet are vanilla-like and potent. The smell of tobacco builds and evolves slowly and is narcotic and intoxicating. Can’t believe I haven’t worn this for months. A real gem 💎
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2761.webp
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This was my gateway drug and first scent talks blend I bought that triggered my muskapades. Right away, the cinnamon, rose and orange hit me. It’s so well-rounded but deep, rich and complex. There’s this slight pink bubblegum scent to it. The birch tar gives it this slight sticky texture that’s lovely and enhances the smokiness of the tobacco. The choice of Hindi and Prachin ouds is on point. The musk here and civet are vanilla-like and potent. The smell of tobacco builds and evolves slowly and is narcotic and intoxicating. Can’t believe I haven’t worn this for months. A real gem 💎
Had a scent talks vetiver extraordinaire day myself on a day full of driving. My car was smelling like gentle vetiver honeysuckle grass breeze. All copper metallic dirty earth tones are eliminated and supplanted by great use of subtle florals and ouds.
 
Had a scent talks vetiver extraordinaire day myself on a day full of driving. My car was smelling like gentle vetiver honeysuckle grass breeze. All copper metallic dirty earth tones are eliminated and supplanted by great use of subtle florals and ouds.
What does it for me is that my 10-year old daughter innocently and brightly says: “you smell nice”. I usually don’t get that from ouds. I got to thank @Ahmaoud for putting me on to this guy. Phenomenal stuff.
 
Sulaym - Elysium EdM

One toothpick, dipped half a centimeter into the bottle, and then apply between the web between my pointer and middle finger on both hands, then wipe the rest on my arm… And fall asleep while moving my hand closer and farther from my nose to get the perfect balance and allow waves of this beautiful attar to crash into my brain.

Wife approved 110% - a long hug is guaranteed haha
 
L
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This was my gateway drug and first scent talks blend I bought that triggered my muskapades. Right away, the cinnamon, rose and orange hit me. It’s so well-rounded but deep, rich and complex. There’s this slight pink bubblegum scent to it. The birch tar gives it this slight sticky texture that’s lovely and enhances the smokiness of the tobacco. The choice of Hindi and Prachin ouds is on point. The musk here and civet are vanilla-like and potent. The smell of tobacco builds and evolves slowly and is narcotic and intoxicating. Can’t believe I haven’t worn this for months. A real gem 💎
Love this one, my bottle is almost finished
 
elixir de tabac by scent talks. joining the scent talks train! my package finally got here and first wearing of this

it goes on really dense and bitter and sour. i’ve sampled a few and everytime his compositions surprise me because they’re very well done and wear like a perfume composition. initial application feels raw but within minutes it settles into an almost lacquered cherry smooth woody note, hints of leather and tobacco. not the strongest tobacco forward attar but it really smells like a regal room with someone packing a pipe full of high quality scented tobacco in a leather chair. a very nice composition where i can’t isolate any single note because the accord hums so beautifully, great stuff
 
Scent Talks - Cuir de Tabac

This was my gateway drug and first scent talks blend I bought that triggered my muskapades. Right away, the cinnamon, rose and orange hit me. It’s so well-rounded but deep, rich and complex. There’s this slight pink bubblegum scent to it. The birch tar gives it this slight sticky texture that’s lovely and enhances the smokiness of the tobacco. The choice of Hindi and Prachin ouds is on point. The musk here and civet are vanilla-like and potent. The smell of tobacco builds and evolves slowly and is narcotic and intoxicating. Can’t believe I haven’t worn this for months. A real gem 💎
Hello Mobyus, perhaps you can help me. Who is the vendor (producer) of 'Cuir de Tabac" ? I am not seeing the Attar when I search but an alcohol based perfume .
 
SQ Shamama - Latimah

This one took me a while to get. Opens with slight camphorous notes into lovely medicinal woods, grassy freshness and slight hay. There's a citrus in Amber like lemon candy that was so surprising to me, think sherbets and key lime and if you grew up eating jellies , that cola soda with two sides, we used to say one side was 7 up the other coke lol.
The woods reminds me of soaps my grandfather used to make back in india, he was into traditional medicine and a chef and whenever I sniff my wrists I think of my grandmother scrubbing me clean. The image of that bathroom instinctually comes to mind. The citrus also has the slightest minute acidic note, it's urinary but in the least displeasing way. The citrus I imagine is maybe coming from a floral. The medicinal quality maybe chandan. Bakhoor woods have this whispy ness in here.
Some spices come to mind more than others cinnamon, cloves, saffron, javetri, soonth, nutmeg, black cardomom.
The dry down has the musk shining more but the attar in general is relentless. Tasteful bitterness.
I expected this attar to be very lush and make me feel luxurious but I end up coming out feeling very clean. As complex as clean gets to me. The luxury of not opulence alone but being taken care of, thought of.
My nose is maybe too inexperienced to make out the florals but they are present plenty and very indolic. You could talk about this attar all day honestly and still keep finding more comparisions, so dense man. It's a testament to the attar to be able to make an oil this complex not feeling like its bursting at the seams. I need so many more swipes and sniffs.
 
Did a huge wear of Scent Talks Ghaliya Poignant Tribute. Comes through strong with white and red flowers and just suspends you in a mist of musky florals. There is an interesting hay like note so thought it may be tobacco but there appears to be none - probably the Gris. Fantastically blended ghaliya for people wanting to smell nice.

PS: I was smelling too nice and sweet, so I decided to temper it down a bit with a layer of smooth green jungle oud. AHO Malaya Sultan was just the perfect blend on my skin. Been in the wild indescribable garden of heaven through evening and night.
 
mesOUD - Aurantis

I’m geting orange peel, frankincense, wood 🪵. In this hot weather it’s very cooling. Bursting with bright fresh citrus. I’m picking up the black pepper and cardamom which marry well together. The notes are not each one isolated. Rather they are one blend and each one puts out something beautiful. Very nice.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2771.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Oud Stories - Kashmiri Rose oil

There’s this honey 🍯, and sweet cotton candy nuance to it. It’s well rounded and the scent is complex and not linear. It feels freshly cut and green. I can smell the harvest itself. It’s so clean, dewy, and refreshing. Very beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2773.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
Wearing a splash of the co-distillation I made yesterday... step one in cologne making but I have not yet added the finishing oils (neroli, petitgrains, and any absolutes).

Light citrusy and very volatile, these were distilled at only around 79°C so (intentionally) skewed towards light top note fractions. What dry down there is seems to reflect the aroma of the wild Zanthoxylem nicely.
 
Back
Top