Lupus & Vega - Prayers/Wordless

It’s been a long time since I’ve applied this. L & V always smells unique to me from other attars. It opens with an aquatic ozony smokiness. It has a strong spicy yet mellow white/yellow fruit incense quality. The frankincense, myrrh, creamy sandalwood , and melange of spices provide warmth to the overall scent. I’m also getting cola notes. Really amazing stuff and one of my personal favorites from L & V.
Thanks, @mobyus I like it too.
 
Do you have things currently in stock at Stele? I went t to the one in Nolita last time I was in town a few weeks ago but didn’t see any. I’m back now and staying around the corner from the Williamsburg store right now.
Sorry, just saw this. I don’t know why I am not getting alerts. Unfortunately I am only stocked at the Nolita store. For the oils, if you ask to see them they will bring out three. I think they have three left to try. They’re not on my website.

On the counter, right next to Jinx! Woohoo!, are two sprays, hades and Odysseus. Radically different from one another. Odysseus is made for AlHind Oud’s Malaya Sultan. That’s the main note. Hades is your choice for hardcore rough and tumble labdanum and amber from gemstones. Long lasting (for an all natural) and rugged.

I hope you had fun in NYC and my home borough, Williamsburg Great place, nyc, awesome museums, fantastic galleries, etc…
 
S. Muhammad Ayub Md. Yaqub Super Malik Shamama (a mouthful) today - free sample from somewhere. Its patchouli vetivery earthy green up top. Mellows pretty quick, but overall still seems enjoyable. I'm sure there's other things goin on in here, but seems well blended into one coherent blend. Not my normal route, don't know much of the house, but it smells natural enough. Seems a pain to source so I need to track down who sent it 😀
 
Last edited:
View attachment 39135
Just got this through the post. Unsolicited and unpaid for. I always rebuff offers of free samples or bottles and have done since 2016 due to my position on this forum, but it is Sunnah (the example of the Prophet ﷺ) to accept a gift and so I reluctantly accepted.

And boy am I glad I did. I’ve made a few compositions myself that have not been released (yet), and my style is robust and strong and unapologetic. However this work of olfactory art is subtle, mysterious and an elixir in perfume form.

This attar is expertly constructed with the balance of the ingredients just right. On too many occasions, I’ve been disappointed at the lack of balance and dominance of one ingredient over others that skews an attar. Not this one. It’s like a perfectly polished diamond refracting and reflecting light at the correct angles to project a shimmering display of luminance, except in this case it is scent notes rather than light that is the objet d’art.

The secret to a good attar or natural perfume is to use ingredients that have been blended in a four-dimensional fashion. A master perfumer knows that creating perfection isn’t just a function of throwing together ingredients in the same three-dimensional space, even if they are the right ones in the correct proportions. Time is the extra dimension that transforms competence into mastery and this perfume has achieved that in spades.

There isn’t enough space here for me to do justice to this and perfume is like an emotion. It is an experiential reality that can only be expressed in person. So my strong recommendation would be to try this out for yourself… if it’s been released and I have no idea of it has or will be.

For those who don’t read Arabic, these are the ingredients (my translation may be slightly faulty)

Thai Oud, Cambodi Oud, Jasmine, White Lotus Flower, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Kashmiri Musk.
Sounds beautiful.
 
Sorry, just saw this. I don’t know why I am not getting alerts. Unfortunately I am only stocked at the Nolita store. For the oils, if you ask to see them they will bring out three. I think they have three left to try. They’re not on my website.

On the counter, right next to Jinx! Woohoo!, are two sprays, hades and Odysseus. Radically different from one another. Odysseus is made for AlHind Oud’s Malaya Sultan. That’s the main note. Hades is your choice for hardcore rough and tumble labdanum and amber from gemstones. Long lasting (for an all natural) and rugged.

I hope you had fun in NYC and my home borough, Williamsburg Great place, nyc, awesome museums, fantastic galleries, etc…
I’ll check it out this weekend after I vote!
 
EO - Blue Soil

This is a really unique smelling attar. I’m getting notes of licorice, cinnamon, and a shot of Black Russian (Vodka and coffee liquor 🥃). I’m transported to winter and feel comfort as I’m watching these World Cup games. It’s Oud with blue lotus as far as I know. Captivatingly beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2704.webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2703.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
S. Muhammad Ayub Md. Yaqub Super Malik Shamama (a mouthful) today - free sample from somewhere. Its patchouli vetivery earthy green up top. Mellows pretty quick, but overall still seems enjoyable. I'm sure there's other things goin on in here, but seems well blended into one coherent blend. Not my normal route, don't know much of the house, but it smells natural enough. Seems a pain to source so I need to track down who sent it 😀
Did you buy it from mercari?
 
Sulaym - Elysium

The more I make blends, the more I appreciate the ingredients that go into making my favorite attars like Elysium. The ambergeis is magical, the florals are narcotic and the oud base is beautiful. I'm going to miss Elysium mark 1. It's nearing the end of the bottle.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2709.webp
    81 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2710.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
Latimah - Dhikr ذكر

This attar is such a treat, puts me in a great mood and also makes me nostalgic. A super creamy honeyed rose, that gently caresses you with its soft airyness. It has a tad bit of a mineralic quality to it like drinking water outside your home country. I also get a hint of vanilla and cinnamon even tho I'm sure there isn't any.
 
Oscent by Mosafir earlier today.

Always loved this attar by @Rai Munir.
The beautiful Jasmine, Mysore Sandal and Kashmiri Musk interplay is simply gorgeous. The amazing, meditative and calming effect it has on me is inexplicable. The musk here is super clean, elegant and ethereal.
By now, I have almost emptied my bottle and the tiny amount I am left with, is to be kept aside as a reference point.
Until now I've experienced just one attar that has a similar effect on me, that's Borneo Zen by Ensar. Both are soft and very very beautiful but are still quite different in the aroma profile.
I really love really strong, powerful and complex attars but some of these simpler compositions made me realise the beauty that comes with softness and subtlety.

Jasmine is my favorite floral and Attars like Oscent really enhance the beauty of this gorgeous flower for me, without eclipsing it with any other notes.
 
Latimah - Urayb عريب

Today's attar feels like getting high on floral honey. A buzz in my head with tingling along the scalp. The delicate citrus like smell you only get from quality honey along with its dusty soil like quality. Its opening also has to me minty camphorous notes. Lovely incense like body to it, thats the bakhoor, and the patchouli goes a long way here. The ambergris holds all this beauty down and makes me wish this could be a sharbat I could drink 😭. The dry down is very indolic and refreshing with the woods coming forward more.
 
Last edited:
Latimah - Urayb عريب

Today's attar feels like getting high on floral honey. A buzz in my head with tingling along the scalp. The delicate citrus like smell you only get from quality honey along with its dusty soil like quality. Its opening also has to me minty camphorous notes. Lovely incense like body to it, thats the bakhoor, and the patchouli goes a long way here. The ambergris holds all this beauty down and makes me wish this could be a sharbat I could drink 😭. The dry down is very indolic and refreshing with the woods coming forward more.
You’re the first to mention the camphor note! Great nose mashallah. It’s the mintiness from the patchouli coming through.
 
You’re the first to mention the camphor note! Great nose mashallah. It’s the mintiness from the patchouli coming through.
It's pairs so well with the lotus! I love these type of notes in florals, they go hand in hand with the spicy aspects. I felt a lot of this too in the vintage champeli you offer, I added a little turabi oud to it and it revved it up to 11. A vicks like eucalyptus blast lmao. Really good stuff sir.
 
This is a surprisingly good frankincense, smells like it's from carterii and extracted as opposed to distilled. With a couple of exceptions, pretty much every frankincense oil I have smelled feels like a raw material - some smell wonderful but they all smell like something that would need work to be turned into something enjoyable to wear and bring the best facets of the resin to the foreground. there are certain tart notes for example that smell wonderful when the resin is on a coal but come across as shrill and somewhat irritating when concentrated.

This is also not a perfect frank oil but it's possibly the most balanced and appealing frankincense extract that I've encountered in a long time, it's pretty viscous so it has good physical characteristics as well. Aroma is significantly different from a distilled hojari oil but to my nose it's a classic and is almost wearable as a frankincense perfume on its own
IMG_0777.webp
 
Last edited:
(Homemade) - Misk AlFajr

This is my 2nd wear of this and it doesn’t disappoint. I’m getting a fruity pebbles note. Probabaly from the neroli and the petit grain. The bergamot is so smooth along with the deep presence of the musk. I can only imagine how the rest of the blend is maturing in the mother bottle. The rose 🌹 works beautifully with the oud and the sandalwood. Harvested at 3 months old and I’m astonished at the development of the notes. Absolutely amazing!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2752.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
(Homemade) - Awwal AlSultan

This was my first attempt at a blend for the winter that started last November. So it’s had plenty of time for the ingredients to marry. I have it the name Awwal AlSultan to denote my first creation. Good or bad. And to remember it.

The ingredients:

Nepalese musk
Prachin oud with rose
Sandalwood oil
Trat floral Oud
Koh Kong oud
Ward bulgare
First prachin Oud
Bronze oud
Palace Oud
Taif rose
Dragons blood with rose from Socotra
SQ Zuhoor AlSalateen rose oil
Indian Frankincense oil
Indian ambergris oil
Cypriol
Saffron

Now at first glance it looks like I put too much oud (which I concede). But the Cypriol, oud, and rose are not bumping off of each other in a desired manner. There’s this slight ammonia scent. Not off putting, but noticeable. Now, it smells and feels better than my first wear a week or 2 ago. I was disappointed. My disappointment is less this time around as it allowed me to realize my mistakes.

I had the wrong weight scale, I used a container that was too small., and I eye-balled somethings thinking I had under utilized a certain ingredient. I’m going back to my hand back and forth and it seems a good start for a blending novice. Separately, the 2nd attar I made for the Summer turned out superb. Good enough to sell.

In short, it smells like it has too much of things and lacks others. But still, the enjoyment of wearing my own blends is narcotic.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2755.webp
    102.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
(Homemade) - Awwal AlSultan

This was my first attempt at a blend for the winter that started last November. So it’s had plenty of time for the ingredients to marry. I have it the name Awwal AlSultan to denote my first creation. Good or bad. And to remember it.

The ingredients:

Nepalese musk
Prachin oud with rose
Sandalwood oil
Trat floral Oud
Koh Kong oud
Ward bulgare
First prachin Oud
Bronze oud
Palace Oud
Taif rose
Dragons blood with rose from Socotra
SQ Zuhoor AlSalateen rose oil
Indian Frankincense oil
Indian ambergris oil
Cypriol
Saffron

Now at first glance it looks like I put too much oud (which I concede). But the Cypriol, oud, and rose are not bumping off of each other in a desired manner. There’s this slight ammonia scent. Not off putting, but noticeable. Now, it smells and feels better than my first wear a week or 2 ago. I was disappointed. My disappointment is less this time around as it allowed me to realize my mistakes.

I had the wrong weight scale, I used a container that was too small., and I eye-balled somethings thinking I had under utilized a certain ingredient. I’m going back to my hand back and forth and it seems a good start for a blending novice. Separately, the 2nd attar I made for the Summer turned out superb. Good enough to sell.

In short, it smells like it has too much of things and lacks others. But still, the enjoyment of wearing my own blends is narcotic.
Just depends who you intend by sultan, if you are the intended then can never be bad
 
Back
Top