@An Najwa green gazelle

Should probably be called Khus Maliki or something like it to clarify its superiority. One of the best khus based creations I have put my nose on.

Starts with fresh vetiver opening minus metallic or dirty notes. Underscored by restrained white florals carried by musk. There is some warmth and the effect feels like rummy boozy raisins with saffron hits. The khus stays fresh and lively for a long time and dries into sweetness.

Its just a perfect creation.
I agree, 100%. This is one of the few khus fragrances I've really loved - it seems perfectly balanced.
 
Today I’m wearing Sulaym's Elysium 2. I missed the chance to own Elysium og, so I won’t let the opportunity to get e2 slip by. I can’t bear to use my og sample — it has a much stronger incense profile.

e2 leans brighter and more purple-toned, and perfectly inherits the core signature of og. With that dreamy, soft purple quality, e2 also incorporates iris. While some finer nuances are lost in the blend, the overall scent feels far smoother. It’s incredibly delicious, and I love both versions dearly.

I wanted to buy some samples from my friend, but he’s always reluctant to sell me any. It seems great minds think alike — we both cherish these fragrances deeply.

Lastly, do you think sandalwood is included in Elysium og / 2?
 
Scent Talks - Prachin Hind

I’m trying to use up the supply of scent talks attars to justify buying his newer creations. This one is one of my favorites as it focuses on the rose and musk. It has a number of Hindi ouds, and Prachin Oud. Also, it has musk, amber, saffron, sandalwood, Jasmine grandiflorum, Jasmine Sambac, and Taif rose.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_2944.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 0
EO - Marwa

This is a wintery type of attar I thought I would re-visit. The sweet ginger 🫚 scent of the calamus combined with the warm woodiness of the spikenard, and the sweet scent of cinnamon make this really enjoyable. The myrrh provides a licorice-y clove uplifting to the whole composition while the frankincense adds a citrus edge. A really fantastic attar indeed.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Oudique - Kashmiri x NTT Sandalwood
I'm obsessed with musks, sometimes I feel too obsessed, but then I come across stuff like this which reminds me of why Musk is what it is. It has beautiful pissy, slightly animalic and slightly-varnishy notes. NTT Sandal was the perfect choice for this maceration as Mysore would dampen/eat the musk up, musk stays a while before the sandal eventually takes over, skin close and beautiful, really happy with this one.
 
Scent Talks - Kehwa Samarkand

It starts out with a strong burst of cinnamon and coffee. Later on, nutmeg and cardamom provide a nice warm spicy bite and make their way through along with Persian and Taif roses. Various spices and bergamot are softened by black tea that sits atop a base of various ouds including Assam, Prachin, Nagaland and Bengali ouds. The bergamot really cuts through well across these heavy scents including the roasted coffee, musk, ginger and saffron. This is a beautiful smoky coffee-forward attar.

Note: some of the attar was lost as I clumsily knocked the bottle over. Salvaging it I smell like a complete coffee spice bomb.

0301B303-9880-48F8-A274-E0A671F0822A.webp
 
Last edited:
Conjured up an amazing wear yesterday that’s still haunting my memories and everywhere I spent time yesterday.

Paired @Joe Spikenard and Oud from L&V with @Faizal_p Violet Animale perfume.

This is a combination from a different planet where perhaps florals are buried in earth, sweetness is only from resins and green and violet notes dance about. The spikenard oud gives it the calmness and austerity to breathe in the moment.

Reminds me why I like these naturals so much.
 
EO - Rugosa Ravagosa

This is a beautful Attar composed of oud and a menagerie of rose absolutes and rose ottos. To name a few: Georgian rose otto, Persian rose Otto, Taif rose Otto, Japanese red rose Otto, rose, Taif rose, May rose absolute, and Turkish Damask rose absolute.

It's very floral and very stemmy. Yet, somehow it's not overwhelming and is very smooth. I think the oud tempered the floral notes pretty well. I'm picking up the musky notes of rose pollen. Very nice!

7421328A-5366-4DEE-988A-BB7226A71D1B.webp
 
Last edited:
SQ Mukhallat Sultani again. It amazes me how the scent transitions from neon, ambery, almost-crystal-fruity spiky clarity to smokey, woody bakhoor in the dry down. Maybe it's because of how candy-crystaled it is at the beginning but it smells good and yet not ultra-high quality/natural and then once the dry down occurs it is incredibly smooth and my perception in the quality improves. There are no scratchy notes, none of that cedary ISO-E smell, and it never dries down to just the last of the last aromachems. A day later on my clothes it still smells like bakhoor.
 
Today, a personal blend. I tried out Liberty's shamama - proported to be a traditional S. Album / Malaccenis blend with other herbs done traditionally. Unfortunately, it seemed a bit light, so i've been dialing in both the sandal and oud notes with some blending stock. It's still got that shamama 12 herbs and spices aroma, but now has the oud and sandal more to the forefront. So I guess its now both an attar and a mukhallat or something. Regardless, it's hitting the right notes for a nice indoor project Sunday. The top notes of the sandal (a sharp, but buttery young album) with the barn hindi notes take the stage, with the warmth of the other spice blends layering for depth. I'm not sure what it'll do as it drys down, this sandal has staying power, so it should carry it for a while even as the shamama tapers off. Certainly seems to punch above its individual parts. May conitnue to augment over time. It seems to be nice without the hint of rose/floral, but that might be interesting. A more successful project than the CK fractions comparison from this morning.
 
Today I’m wearing Sulaym's Elysium 2. I missed the chance to own Elysium og, so I won’t let the opportunity to get e2 slip by. I can’t bear to use my og sample — it has a much stronger incense profile.

e2 leans brighter and more purple-toned, and perfectly inherits the core signature of og. With that dreamy, soft purple quality, e2 also incorporates iris. While some finer nuances are lost in the blend, the overall scent feels far smoother. It’s incredibly delicious, and I love both versions dearly.

I wanted to buy some samples from my friend, but he’s always reluctant to sell me any. It seems great minds think alike — we both cherish these fragrances deeply.

Lastly, do you think sandalwood is included in Elysium og / 2?
I bought 2 sets so I could store 1 bottle of this. Love it.
 
amber musk and elixir de tabac by scent talks

amber musk- not too loud but a real classic benchmark for amber in my eyes- it’s perfectly rounded exactly as the standard to define an amber by. warm, sweet, resinous, hint of spice with a balance where none dominant at all, i appreciate ambers that have some space between notes too to study but this is perfect and seamless. the musk is the other contrasting component here instead of depth into parsing out the amber- the chocolatey gourmand thick qualities contrast and blend perfectly with the amber to create some more depth. a real classic

elixir de tabac- bit sweeter than i would anticipate, definitely some tobacco here but more like sweetened cherry tobacco or a hashish with a touch of musk, resin and spices to round it out. easily wearable and fun
 
Longevity is an interesting thing in the context of natural extract, oils, perfumes. The standard story about brief longevity of naturals is only half correct. Of course it is clearly correct from the perspective of trying to achieve attention grabbing levels of personal fragrance and some naturals are truly ephemeral. But naturals are not categorically short lasting… For example I am very much smelling at about 10 AM this morning the small dab of jasmine oil that I applied to my arm yesterday evening. Likewise I am smelling small hints of the sandalwood which I had applied earlier in the day yesterday, and this in spite of having had a good soak last night before turning in.

if I had applied some stronger fragrance or deodorant this morning or if my clothes were scented with a heavy laundry detergent I might not notice it, but if I keep my environment relatively clear aromatically and think of fragrance as a personal/intimate experience then in fact something like Jasmine absolute can stain your skin with scent and last a good 12 hours, sandalwood will influence your skin scent for up to 24 hours if it's good stuff, etc. Labdanum, oud extracts, oud oils to a degree, patchouli can I have similar long lasting effects as I'm sure you all know. It's just worth thinking about. I am a little bit on the cautious side in terms of not wanting my fragrance to impose itself on others so in that sense the naturals have an ideal spectrum in terms of silage and longevity. Allows things to fit together like a puzzle… very interesting palette to work with
 
Last edited:
Back
Top