SULAYM — Eternal Rose

The opening hits hard. The projection is strong, almost filling the whole room with rose. It feels wild, and the Taif rose comes through intensely. That classic Damask character is vivid: a deep, saturated red rose. There's a distinct, lingering quality to it, along with spiciness. That spiciness carries into something almost soapy, and the whole thing feels a bit thick/dense.

Over time it becomes much more comfortable. It settles into black tea with honey. The Damask character fades into the background, leaving behind a sweet, quiet tea-like sweetness.

This is my first Taif rose attar, and it's really impressive.
Sounds amazing. How is the longevity on it?
 
Skin Mukh on today starting with a base of AHO’s Vacc Indo Album, a couple prachins (wild and farm from Safinity), Orange Frank Sacra from TSW and even some Sumatra Patchouli from encenser. A very bright, crisp, dry, almost powdery feel to it, really enjoying the mix of ratios i was able to get away with on skin.
 
Khalouq - Al Shareef Oudh

Wanted to wear something special for Friday Prayer today. This Attar always puzzles me. After multiple wears I still don’t have a full profile of it, but it is definitely something old and powerful. Definitely the older brother of Al-Bayt Al-Atiq.
I have a tiny sample of this I’m guarding heavily. Its so good I was dazzled a bit first sniff.
 
I'll start off... Imperial Oud Emperor. Sublime blend of Rose, Musk and Oud and possibly Ambergris (possibly). One of the best I have tried.
Hello! I would like to buy Rose Attar and am a first time buyer. I don't know how to find a reputable seller or even the best type/s to bank. Any help with be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!! Martha
 
Sulaym - Elysium EdM

You know the thing that most impresses me about Elysium is the way the florals interact with the deep and rich Oud, and the silky ambergris. Elysium has great longevity, due to the quality of the ambergris. After a while, the musk begins to make a showcase with its animalic charm. But the florals! They are way too beautiful to describe other than it’s heavenly and intoxicating.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
First time I mess up my own mix and it's all because of oakmoss. Syhleti oud, taif rose, saffron, black ambergris, and Indian amber. Then I decided to put a tiny glob (3-4 drops?) of oakmoss absolute and now all I can smell is soapiness. Should I cut my losses or?
 
First time I mess up my own mix and it's all because of oakmoss. Syhleti oud, taif rose, saffron, black ambergris, and Indian amber. Then I decided to put a tiny glob (3-4 drops?) of oakmoss absolute and now all I can smell is soapiness. Should I cut my losses or?
oak
First time I mess up my own mix and it's all because of oakmoss. Syhleti oud, taif rose, saffron, black ambergris, and Indian amber. Then I decided to put a tiny glob (3-4 drops?) of oakmoss absolute and now all I can smell is soapiness. Should I cut my losses or?

Oak moss is very powerful, not only in terms of contributing its own aroma but also in terms of changing the way you perceive things that it's mixed with. It's very unusual stuff
 
The wait begins!


I should've known better! I love it neat but have only smelt it once as an accidental addition to another mix that worked surprisingly well.
i'm sure in the long run you can salvage this and make something great out of it. If it never achieves a satisfactory balance, it might turn out to be a good foundation for a perfume that goes off in a slightly different direction, either as a large component or in small amounts to add a little bit of complexity to some other compatible mixture. I think there are a number of different ways you could go based on the ingredients that you started with there although of course I don't know what it smells like...
 
Maysam AlWard AlTaifi - Taif Rose oil (first class)

Took me long enough to apply the rose oil from the namesake company instead of using it for blending. It's nice and bright, kind of has a dark black tea and dusty vibe going on. It has a deep powdery jamminess and sweetness that balances out well with the slightly vegetal parts. Very beautiful.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3188.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
Something im working on
Vintage Brunei, vacuum distilled Borneo, vintage Malaysian, two Hindis, wild Cambodian oud.
SQ Narcissus and rose, sambac, vintage kewra attar, vintage mehndi attar, saffron attar and oleoresin, NTT sandalwood
Siberian, Tibetan, Mongolian musks, ambergris, civet absolute.
At first the Civet and kewra were way too dominant even though they were used sparingly, added more oud, saffron, mehndi and sandalwood to soften it, now its creamy voluptuous and almost sickly sweet, will check on it after it ages a bit. Might add some violet leaf absolute and just a touch of pink pepper later.
 
i'm sure in the long run you can salvage this and make something great out of it. If it never achieves a satisfactory balance, it might turn out to be a good foundation for a perfume that goes off in a slightly different direction, either as a large component or in small amounts to add a little bit of complexity to some other compatible mixture. I think there are a number of different ways you could go based on the ingredients that you started with there although of course I don't know what it smells like...
Thanks, all these are good ideas. I'm considering adding some labdanum to hopefully merge the mossy oak and berry-barny sylheti.
 
White rose otto hermitage. Its a salty rose in the opening. Almost medicinal, antiseptic from the bottle. On the skin it opens very sharp lemony and clean. Not cloying or nothing of harsh green notes. It is overwhelming in the opening but as you give it more time it settles into a really good slightly sweet very addictive rose. The lasting is not so good. Gone after a couple of hours. I think because of the very volatile compounds in the otto. It needs a good base to anchor itself to.
 
Scent Talks - Cigar Oud

This is an amazing attar made up of Chocolate accord, Various Hindi ouds, Bulgarian tobacco, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakwood, Patchouli, Saffron, Cinnamon, Black pepper, Damask roses, and Bergamot.

What I can really sense is the cinnamon and chocolate in here. It feels thick, warm, deep, silky and rich. The Bulgarian tobacco in here is very beautiful with the feeling of being next to a nicely lit Cohiba cigar. The musk and sandalwood balance everything out. The oakwood provides that lovely timber, and soil feeling. The rose, black pepper, and bergamot provide that nice uplift to the whole blend. What an amazing concoction!

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Had a sample of smamy super malik shamama and after trying liberty's, realized this is much more to my taste, so bought a half tola, wearing it today, it's nice. Complex, pleasant, appears to last a good while, and just a nice basic change of pace. Prob will last me forever, as I need to be in the mood for it, but today was a good nuff day for it.
 
Manipur Maliki with a swipe of AlHind's Kashan rose that has been steeping in Mongolian musk grains. Manipur Maliki finally makes sense to me! I haven't been too much a fan of these creamy-nutty-tea-pineapple-floral hindis (is this a Manipur thing?) and have started to lean more to chocolate-berry-leather-dust hindis but with the very soft and green Kashan rose it smells like I've been bathed in dewy-rosey rain drops amid a field. If I was in a desert and thirsty with no water around this would psychologically quench my thirst.
 
Back
Top