The Oud Trader - Garden of Spring v2 (sample)

This has to be one of the best attars I have ever had. It’s lemony, creamy, fresh, rosey, and I could swear it’s Sandalwood but there was more to it. I looked up his IG, and it contains: Mysore SW, Rose Abs, Frankincense, Green Mandarin, Vintage Orris, Green Kyara, Borneo Camphor, and Ambergris.

I certainly didn’t expect it to have this many ingredients but it is a work of art! I smell fresh like a garden of citrus. It’s very cooling too.

You can be sure I will be procuring a large amount of this when it’s released. Absolutely amazing!

Edit: it has 2 types of Irani rose Otto as well.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3294.webp
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
AlMishal Oud - Jebreen Heritage 2

This oud house takes the same twist on some of their blends as Bourhan Oud and blend French-style perfumes with exotic ingredient like oud and ambergris. This one is composed of 30 year aged Cambodi Oud, SQ Oud, raw ambergris, and Henry Jacques Oud Jebreen.

I’m getting marine salty notes of the ambergris that enhance the overall profile of the other ingredients. It smells of sweet patchouli and cinnamon. I really wish I could get more of the oud notes. There’s a warm and cozy feel but I prefer other blends I have over this. I might just blend this with a quarter tola of “General”. Needs another application on another day to come to that judgement. Overall, I’de give this a 7.5/10.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3295.webp
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
My layering experiments have begun with the SQ Bakhoor absolute. Today it was a swipe of Manzar Oudh's Meghalaya just because it was the closest reach. I'm getting a kind of raunchy powder. It sort of reminds me of some facets of Gold Man. The minty florals have turned into a clean note, and the golden-hay-like barn from the oud has really lightened up the profile. Can't say it's a great combo but it does make me think I need to find darker ouds (Maybe a Malaysian, Isan, I have?_, or possibly skip the oud and just go for civet and rose.
 
Applied some shamamatul ambar today. This one defenitely has hindi oud mixed with a loud barny opening. More medicinal than spicy, I get a lot of incense woods in the dry down.

On the other hand I thought of supplementing the shamama with a powerful ambar oil, sticky and sweet. There's a good resinous depth here and lovely complementing spices of anise, cinnamon and cloves.
 
Sulaym - Mysuru Orris

I’ve been intrigued by this attar ever since I read about. “Can be used as a base for an attar”. Hmmmm..interesting. I applied this expecting to get a sweet Mysore smell. Instead, I can smell more of a plant root and think to myself that there is more to this than I thought 💭. It goes well the Mysore but has a more complex scent profile.

Well, the scent profile is definitely not one where I would use this on its own, but would use this in a custom attar. It’s cool, smooth, carrot-y 🥕, and vegetal. I think this would help bind the ingredients in a custom attar and give it some backbone. That’s what I’ll be using for in the future. That would be a first from Sulaym for me - using something as a base rather than as the finished product (which they are masters at).
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3302.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
AlMishal Oud - Saint Tropez

Consists of:
- Rare Special Filipino Oud
- 30 year old Cambodi Oud
- Henry Jacques Concentrated Composition oils

The Review:
Well, the Ouds are definitely more pronounced here than the HJ oils. It’s slightly sweet and really fragrant. Notes of apple 🍎 , cherry 🍒 , banana 🍌 and a soapy high-end shower gel 🚿 .It’s a really well-composed blend but I feel I will blend this oil with an oud I deem suitable enough to take that extra French-style note off. “General” and “Kehailan” are still the best blends I’ve had that follow this Oud/French structure.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3304.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Scent Talks - Majmuwa Muqqadas

This classical style blend just arrived. It smells like potent green tea woven with vetiver, roses, oud, a slight tobacco note, and saffron. It’s really strong but pleasant. I’m getting this vegetal note from both the Green and Madagascar vetivers present, along with petrichor, blue lotus and lemon peel. Very clean and lovely. If you like vetiver and citrusy-floral profiles you’ll love this.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
Last edited:
The Oud Trader - Garden of Spring v2 (unreleased)

Ingredients, Garden of Spring V2:

Irani Rose Otto - 2 types
Bulgarian Rose Abs 2018
Mysore Sandalwood EO 2017
Frankincense Papyfera "Heart" EO
Green Mandarin EO
Cultivated Kyara CO2
Orris Germanica CO2
Black Ambergris Abs
Yamada Matsu highest grade borneol camphor


I can pick up clean Damask rose together with the freshness of tart citrus green mandarin. It's a really light and fresh scent. The rose is a pink rose, without much volume behind it. It feels like being in a well-tended garden. There's a subtle, sweet yet tart, green mandarin scent. In the early stage, the citrus has a higher share than the rose. It's a slightly sour citrus that almost makes your mouth water. The rose brings to mind a soft pink color, while the citrus evokes a sunlight-like yellow. It's a very bright-image scent overall. It feels like the rose neutralizes the citrus, striking a nice balance.

The green mandarin — green and slightly sharp — continues to hold a high share throughout. As time passes, the citrus share decreases and the sweet rose scent comes through as the main note. The rose isn't jammy at all — it's a light, clean rose. It feels slightly sweet, and you can sense several different types of rose within it. Even as the citrus fades, the overall balance remains a light scent. The base doesn't have much presence. There's a quiet Mysore sandalwood note, along with a faint touch of ambergris. It's a fresh, cool, pleasant scent. Overall, I got a clean impression from it.

[Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
 
The Oud Trader - Garden of Spring v2 (unreleased)

Ingredients, Garden of Spring V2:

Irani Rose Otto - 2 types
Bulgarian Rose Abs 2018
Mysore Sandalwood EO 2017
Frankincense Papyfera "Heart" EO
Green Mandarin EO
Cultivated Kyara CO2
Orris Germanica CO2
Black Ambergris Abs
Yamada Matsu highest grade borneol camphor


I can pick up clean Damask rose together with the freshness of tart citrus green mandarin. It's a really light and fresh scent. The rose is a pink rose, without much volume behind it. It feels like being in a well-tended garden. There's a subtle, sweet yet tart, green mandarin scent. In the early stage, the citrus has a higher share than the rose. It's a slightly sour citrus that almost makes your mouth water. The rose brings to mind a soft pink color, while the citrus evokes a sunlight-like yellow. It's a very bright-image scent overall. It feels like the rose neutralizes the citrus, striking a nice balance.

The green mandarin — green and slightly sharp — continues to hold a high share throughout. As time passes, the citrus share decreases and the sweet rose scent comes through as the main note. The rose isn't jammy at all — it's a light, clean rose. It feels slightly sweet, and you can sense several different types of rose within it. Even as the citrus fades, the overall balance remains a light scent. The base doesn't have much presence. There's a quiet Mysore sandalwood note, along with a faint touch of ambergris. It's a fresh, cool, pleasant scent. Overall, I got a clean impression from it.

View attachment 56307
Was very impressed with this sample too! Initially came through as exceptional taifi roses but with lots of fairy dust and pixie magic in it!
 
Bourhan Oud - Teeb Shalfa

Contains:
Ceylani Oud 2014
Cambodi Oud 2016
Malinau Oud 2008
Ceylani AlSafwa Oud
Burmi Kashin Oud
Artisanal Prachin Oud
Gold Distillation Burmi Oud ( I don’t know WTF Gold distillation means)
Hindi Oud with ambergris
Ceylani Artisanal oud
Rare Filipino Oud

The review:
This is one of the best blends I have ever had. It feels like there is some French perfume in there but I can’t be sure. I think it’s just tricking my mind that I’ve been having their blends with HJ in it for the past few weeks.

Smells really clean initially, with a strong cognac and woody note. The ambergris starts to kick in later with an animalic marine scent. I can’t describe this. It simply takes you in so many directions but I’m really happy with it.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3308.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Kashan rose today.
The Oud Trader - Garden of Spring v2 (unreleased)

Ingredients, Garden of Spring V2:

Irani Rose Otto - 2 types
Bulgarian Rose Abs 2018
Mysore Sandalwood EO 2017
Frankincense Papyfera "Heart" EO
Green Mandarin EO
Cultivated Kyara CO2
Orris Germanica CO2
Black Ambergris Abs
Yamada Matsu highest grade borneol camphor


I can pick up clean Damask rose together with the freshness of tart citrus green mandarin. It's a really light and fresh scent. The rose is a pink rose, without much volume behind it. It feels like being in a well-tended garden. There's a subtle, sweet yet tart, green mandarin scent. In the early stage, the citrus has a higher share than the rose. It's a slightly sour citrus that almost makes your mouth water. The rose brings to mind a soft pink color, while the citrus evokes a sunlight-like yellow. It's a very bright-image scent overall. It feels like the rose neutralizes the citrus, striking a nice balance.

The green mandarin — green and slightly sharp — continues to hold a high share throughout. As time passes, the citrus share decreases and the sweet rose scent comes through as the main note. The rose isn't jammy at all — it's a light, clean rose. It feels slightly sweet, and you can sense several different types of rose within it. Even as the citrus fades, the overall balance remains a light scent. The base doesn't have much presence. There's a quiet Mysore sandalwood note, along with a faint touch of ambergris. It's a fresh, cool, pleasant scent. Overall, I got a clean impression from it.

View attachment 56307
Nice! I've been really liking the orris + sandal + CO2 sinensis combo lately (with a touch of ambergris). Recently tried the 'Purple Kyara' from some shop that turned me on to it. Little goes a long way with the orris (I used butter), but the combination of rose+mandarin sounds lovely, will have to give that a go.

Picked up a kashan rose otto recently, which is lovely (annoying to have to warm to apply neat however)
 
Latimah - SQ Shammama

This reminds me of @Joe ’s Agarwood Shammama from Lupus & Vega.

Very warm, saffronic, and peppery. Has lots of notes of various herbs, spices, and roots. Has an aquatic scent to it as well. I would say this Shammama goes above L & V’s Shammama. This one is more refined, more complex, and has more ingredients. Very beautiful .
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Attar/Mukhallat of the Day
    IMG_3311.webp
    242.3 KB · Views: 0
Pulled out a majmua attar today, from Ajay company. I can smell their shamama in her , but my favourite part is how strong the Mitti attar is. The petrichor with a very solemn khus makes it a treat on summer days. More sweeter than the shamama from the florals as well. Aquatic and freshy, reminds me of indian soaps.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top