New shipment of Cultivated Kinam
from China.

Relatively fresh, so the profile starts off muffled.
I have a batch from two years ago, same source,
same effect back then, but after two years of aging, and drying in a glass jar, and turning a little darker in color, the profile “pops out” “good” right away.

I imagine that agarwood from other regions also need a proper drying phase, before they can be enjoyed on a burner.
 
I just got a new batch of cultivated kinam from China today also!
It’s totally wet still. I can’t heat this wood because it’s so wet!
weight of water and price of wood equals a lousy deal honestly.
I won’t be selling this wood in case anyone is wondering. I’ll put it on a shelf or more likely grind it up and throw it in on my oil distillation.
Not All cultivated kinam is the same that’s for sure!
And it seems not all farmers process the wood properly.
 
Are you guys ordering from the same guy here?

I'm disappointed to hear that the batch did not live up to your expectation EJAyB when I saw the first line of that message I was hoping you were gonna say it was like the new extra special leveled up now that the trees are slightly older lol

And I think I need to get some more of that older batch from you could you save me the same amount that I ordered last time please? I'll be in touch.
 
Don’t worry MrP . The old batch came from a different farm and they always dry the wood properly and clean it fully.
I buy from a few farms but now I think I’m just going to stop buying from this one .
 
@Mr.P
Aside from EJayB’s kinam,
Kevin is my only other source,
I got three different batches from him,
and the batches are alike,
but they do need to sit a while,
to reach maximum pleasure.
This is the batch I got today


[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Last edited:
Do you let them sit closed in a jar for a while? Or is it lid off?
The first batch was 5 grams in a closed 20ml lab vial, it was good to go in a about a year’s time. I would often open the vial to smell the kinamic aroma, I guess that was enough to keep refreshing the air inside. The chips got darker in color and a little dryer, but they were not that wet to begin with, and currently not all that dry either....just right:handok:

There could be some molecular changes that take place during proper curing/aging, but I’m not sure.

All my choice woods are in closed glass containers, except those that are too big to fit😕
 
The first batch was 5 grams in a closed 20ml lab vial, it was good to go in a about a year’s time. I would often open the vial to smell the kinamic aroma, I guess that was enough to keep refreshing the air inside. The chips got darker in color and a little dryer, but they were not that wet to begin with, and currently not all that dry either....just right:handok:

There could be some molecular changes that take place during proper curing/aging, but I’m not sure.

All my choice woods are in closed glass containers, except those that are too big to fit😕
Thanks a lot for the tips. Hopefully they'll become handy soon. 🙂
 
I got my wet kinam from Kevin yesterday, I honestly sell the kinam but can’t and won’t sell this batch because I feel it’s to wet and of a lower quality, I got some sinking that just isn’t what I expected and I will immediately be restocking from my other supplier to continue to bring high quality cultivated kinam to our community at the best price possible.
 
@EJayB
I ordered some of the Sinking from Kevin,
but he said he’ll send me the Mother Tree stuff instead because according to him, “it is better”.
So I never got to try the Sinking.

I must say though, your $10 gram chips were processed very well, and are the best value ever
for cultivated kinam.
 
I got the mother tree also, not any different from grafted IMO and wet .
Not to worry as it’s just 1 more loss in my pursuit of the best vendors to deal with. I will be doubling down on my other vendor and bringing that added value to the members of this forum.
 
The last couple of weeks
I’ve been reacquainting myself with the
Shoyeido First Class chips and squares
Jinkoh Matsu

I love the beautiful fragrance,
reminds me of KZ’s Brunei Heartwood.
So I got Kotaro’s (Japan Incense)
remaining 5 packs.
They’re as good as the packs I got from 4 years ago.
It seems Shoyeido has better quality standards than Yamadamatsu, at least at this present time.

Kotaro told me that he can order more from Japan,
well, that’s nice to know. I’ll think about it.
But if anyone is interested,
the chips are stock #314311
the squares are stock #314321

Check ‘em out,
oozing with resin.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Cultivated kinam again... got to keep the temp low on this one.

I just built a new coil for my homemade subitism that can get to higher temp at lower voltages than the last one (shorter length of wire and a less complex stitch pattern). I set it too high and it was a harsh burn.

So my one caveat for this: if you are looking for chips to burn and fumigate, this is less appropriate for that. It is VERY suitable for low temp loooong heating sessions. There are all kinds of notes I smell in these chips in addition to the thick bittersweet sinensis core and lily like floral top that are most pronounced. At times I get strange spicy funky wafts that remind me of Malaysian chips I had once. Other times dry woody notes that are a little too dry (I suspect due to overheating or hotspots on the burner).

It does not smell it's best when it combusts or even gets very hot quickly so if you get some go low temperature.
 
I have a few slivers of cultivated kinam that have undergone 7 sessions😱
I heat them to the point when the aroma is ideal, and keep it going for 5 minutes, then stop, set them aside, and so on....and so on.....but after 7 sessions
I finally retired them:Cooler:
I did achieve a bit of fumigation, by the process of
“strength in numbers”, not just a sliver or two,
but a whole bunch of them:Thumbsup:
 
EO Abuyog Bulldog

Not bad... I wonder why there aren’t any big pieces,
and some are quite thin like skins of agarwood.

If I had to choose between Abuyog Bulldog and
Pinoy Privee, I’ll go with the Pinoy Privee.
 
Back
Top