I swear to you I am not paid by EjayB to plug his wood... I'm burning the cultivated kinam again, this time little crumbs broken off a $10/g chunk. It's soooo nice. A really compelling lily-like floral opening and then sweet rich Vietnamese or kyara scent. Like the wood in fine Japanese incense.

When i say "kyara scent" I want to be careful. When I am using that term what I'm saying is that in my collection of woods at least, this resembles kyara more than than any of the others. Not saying it would pass for the highest quality stuff of course
 
I swear to you I am not paid by EjayB to plug his wood... I'm burning the cultivated kinam again, this time little crumbs broken off a $10/g chunk. It's soooo nice. A really compelling lily-like floral opening and then sweet rich Vietnamese or kyara scent. Like the wood in fine Japanese incense.

When i say "kyara scent" I want to be careful. When I am using that term what I'm saying is that in my collection of woods at least, this resembles kyara more than than any of the others. Not saying it would pass for the highest quality stuff of course
Undoubtedly, it displays facets of kyara.
 
Does this mean some close kin of the kinam trees we are getting those chips and shavings from also grew in Brunei? I am trying to make sense of kinam being a special rare tree that can be quickly reproduced on the one hand and various other kinams from other regions on the other.

Are we looking at one variety of tree that has successfully spread into all of the different regions where people find kinam? Or what?
 
Room Transformation:Alien:
Fired up some Hainan
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
Sweetness fills the air...
Then some F.A.R.T. Brunei
(Fragrant At Room Temperature)
Beauty fills the air...
Then some Malaysian
Spicy oud that perfumes the air...

walk out of the room
then walk back in

That’s what I’m talking about:thumbsup:
:Inlove::Inlove:
 
Pkg. from Osaka arrived today.
Tested the woods.

More Nippon Kodo Indonesian Kizami
Same quality.

Gyokushodo Indonesian Kizami
Sweet fruit candy.
Very decent for $33/15 grams

A couple more packs of Shoyeido First Class
Matsu grade chips
not as good anymore🙁
I cannot recommend them,
I’m glad I got the last of Kotaro’s
older stock of this stuff.

Anyhows, it’s been an agarwoody morning,
great way to start the day.
 
I'm going to burn a whole bunch of something and light off some bottle rockets and just celebrate here... I will leave it at that.
 
View attachment 13492
My AH Brunei just arrived🙂
Beautiful resin loaded pieces,
that deserved to be put in a glass jar right away.
Jay was right....what a beautiful smell.
Just a little resemblance to KZ’s Brunei Heartwood,
so overall...not alike.
With Brunei Ghattas,
I get this very refreshing spring garden fully loaded with flowers and white fruit flesh.......
while I’m sitting at my wife’s vanity
with all the pretty perfumes.
Then there’s the oudiness and resins.
I’d swear I got a Rose Damascena note,
along with some Freesias, and even some florals akin to Malaysian agarwood.
A real unique treat to be treasured!!

Then at this same day, my 300 grams of Papua arrived. The region is Fak Fak and it’s known as Soursop Agarwood by the locals. Rightfully so, because it did smell as Soursop a bit,
it starts fruity floral, which then becomes heady, and then oudy with a touch medicinal......and as it gets cooked some more, a bit of a tar note. This wood will fumigate an entire house! not oil rich, nor sinkers, but has resin streaks througout. Not as valueable a profile as the main stream agarwoods, but not too shabby either. Take a gander...
View attachment 13493
Somehow I missed these Brunei Ghattas! 🙁
Feel Oud Sumtatran chips, again!
 
Back
Top