Al Hashimi - Sahba Ghattas

First session.
it's my first time smelling Sabah oud. so, no reference points. went with low heat.

Starting with salty, savory, Merauke-like nutty, resinous, oudy nuances. no sweetness at all. Takes time to bloom. mellow sweetness kick in the late stage of the session. it's not sugary, honey sweetness. it's more like a vanilla sweetness but quite not the same. very round, mellow scent profile. it shares the same resinous oomph of Brunei Ghattas but I still prefer B.G. as I expected, it lasts a long time on a sub heater.

I don't get any mint, lush forest, floral nectar that is in the original description. maybe I'll get those in the next sessions. for this time, I just get very mellow nutty sweetness.
 
Mysore sandalwood, Iranian saffron, Omani royal hojari. all at the same time.

Spicy, peppery, fruity, honey, sweet, creamy, limey, incensey, buttery, leathery. a complete perfume.
The saffron and frankincense combination is wonderful. it might be better without sandalwood to keep high frequency.
 
Mysore sandalwood, Iranian saffron, Omani royal hojari. all at the same time.

Spicy, peppery, fruity, honey, sweet, creamy, limey, incensey, buttery, leathery. a complete perfume.
The saffron and frankincense combination is wonderful. it might be better without sandalwood to keep high frequency.

Sandalwood and frankincense is an amazing combination [emoji122]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Here I am again blissing out to the sweet floral deep Vietnamese oud scent of olefaktory's cultivated kinam. I'm so confused... how is this cultivated material??
 
Ejayb cultivated kinam AGAIN on the burner
 
Bangladesh sandalwood from OudBase.
this is good! I think it's red meat grade. deeply buttery and sweet. I get a bit of spice. maybe cardamom. no lemony top note that can feel in young Mysore wood.
lovely.
 
EO Royal Almahera
Tiny slivers that fill the room with scent.
Clove, pepper, herbs, and ripe fruit.
Very similar to a West Papuan agarwood that
I once had, which also had red resin, and was equally as strong, but the one I had finished with a burnt rubber note.

Followed by Bhutanese oudh
Fills the room with a honey floral aroma.
 
Back
Top