OudBase Sumatran Bliss

this particular chip exhibits more brown sugar like sweetness compared to other chips. again, reminds me a lot of Brunei oud. it's not complex but very appealing to my taste.

A hint of lemony facets, sticky wood resin, honey, florals, some spices that I can't pinpoint.

Muscles relaxed, eyes naturally closing. Lovely.
 
Merauke oud.

I don't like the astringent bitter peppery note in the opening. but glowing resinous glazed honey note that appears once that spicy top note evaporates is extremely pleasant and drooling. OudBase's Maroke Encens, the only Merauke oil I've ever smelt has this particular note throughout its lifespan.
 
Monday morning Monkoh(聞香) session.

accompanied by Vietnamese black kyara from JK.
heard it from a bit of distance, approximately 30cm away.
heated it with a slightly lower temp than I usually use for other agarwood.
not sure about the exact temp.

it takes a bit of time to open up the aroma from this wood.
overtime, it slowly gives off a delicate layer.
the layer accumulates one by one and saturates the senses.
first nose, then mouth, then throat, then stomach.

the scent is reminiscent of a typical cantaloupe, melon, vanilla Vietnamese profile but has more weight and depth.
there's a bit of benzoin-like quality to it as well.

not a "blow your socks off" type of scent.
rather, it's a "silents your thoughts type" of scent.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Heating some Gyokushodo Phoenix agarwood. Their Top offering $$.

No doubt it’s good, but……
it’s a blend….
Vietnamese and Indonesian.

So it’s difficult to enjoy the two regions,
and as “a blend” I don’t get a unison,
mainly because each region should have it’s own heating temperature, maybe if I make incense sticks out of it, “the blend” might make more sense.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top