I love seeing perfectly cut pieces of handsome wood like this it's so appealing.
Yea indeed, Japanese try to do it always with elegance unlike everyone else =)
Heating Shoyeido Rikkokugomi Sasora today, its what's been sold in other markets as Tarakan Kinam/Borneo Kinam.
Special Milky note its so charming, cool, sweet, mellow, sour, frankincense and penetrating! can never have enough great tarakan <3
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Extremely rare purple that is soft like green kyara named “Spring dew”. To think I pulled the trigger on this piece without wanting to really makes me anxious because if I hadn’t I would have missed such a unique and gorgeous aroma.

So it didn’t smell much at room temp from the bag and that’s normal as it takes a couple hours in the vial to concentrate it’s soul. Then I cut into it with the razor and it felt like I was slicing into a soft plastic. Hard but also soft and stable. Then I placed it on 60c……there was uniqueness from the start strong aroma….switched to 70c it got super potent and the heat made it scream, I guess it’s alive and it hurts it . At 90 it was singing enchanted and drunk/high off of its own aroma that it no longer felt the pain of the burn and I was charmed like no other before .I can’t explain the flashing colors and notes that were flipping through like a books pages in fast forward because it was the first session of such a complex Forrest of flowers fruit trees, herbs and a beautiful women with her enchanted perfume lingering in the air…just in love!

2days later still in shock and have not tested it again but the vial, it smells like a sweet red cherry and an extremely sexy woman's perfume that I can’t explain…and it’s potent…the reality that it is a 1.2g chunk that is like 200+ sessions for me on the kinam heater is like owning a whole alien garden that i keep in this small vial which will always be there to comfort my soul and teach me notes and poems of its world....this feels so amazing...

How I wish I could have many of you here to experience it’s beauty and charm
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    C2041E14-DDB4-41D3-A87C-FD3FE2F904BB.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 74
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    C1CC1478-C169-4C9B-8781-8EF81AA70C51.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 66
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    E74F6D3F-C4E7-421A-8607-6D012F96D4D7.webp
    93 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
The other new gem is “Shadow of the temple” a green kyara that I skimmed through within 2 minutes at 60-120c and was greeted with unique flowers, herbs and balanced with all tastes but the most unique thing about it is this incense smoke note that I have only smelled in one other kyara that I was obsessing over and was trying to trade with a friend that sent me the sample but he wasn’t trying to trade lol and now this one i got has that same strange unique incense smoke note but is to me many levels above in beauty and complexity! It’s crazy how it goes when you fall in love with a wood you can’t have and feel helpless in love and you hope and dream to find some lol then eventually you do and it’s such a relief and shock. This is not the first time this happened to me!

What a crazy world! It’s true after all lol the wood chooses you, the wood needs your love…the woods are a sucker for your love, you can’t escape it once you fall for them they will haunt you and you will haunt them leading to an endless exploration hunt

Good luck to us all
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    0EA52902-E920-401D-A81A-12FA25011707.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    57CFC3DC-38AC-4040-89E6-4469CC37C2A4.webp
    87 KB · Views: 80
Wild Nha Trang (Batch A) powdered sample from @TheAgarwoodShop. First time I've tried this mini sampler in particular. I've had this set for a while now and really should dig it out more frequently. I read and hear alot about how good real Nha Trang is either wood or oil but realised I'm yet to actually experience it. I've got enough here for a couple of good little sessions so I'll be cominmg back to this. 120 degrees seems to be the starting point on ceramic and i'm getting a nice cooling mint with some spiciness so far. Not much change at 130. Up to 140 and it's reminding me of the Sinking Leyte sample I have but a smidge sweeter. Berry notes with strong camphor. Still very spicy/bitter at 150. Alright, I have to leave it here but will be back for further contemplation.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    PXL_20240719_211355171.webp
    65 KB · Views: 79
Day two of the Wild Nha Trang (Batch A) sample from @TheAgarwoodShop. Started where I left off yesterday at 150 degrees and climbed up to 185 degrees. I believe I can go higher for the last sess. Was getting some nice vapour wisps from it. Spicy, very menthol but on the bitter side. Ripe berry and a mild flower scent reminiscent of vanilla. I can understand how this would translate into an oil. I feel like there should be something else in it but have not yet found it.
 
wild Papua Muting with a half drop of its respective oil. both from mesOUD

there's something special about this stuff! so very clean in a greenish hued leather profile nearly devoid of any whiskey notes. and then in the dry down, and afterburn of the wood the sweetness is unreal. there's no point where this smells burnt or over toasted, but then ever remains ever golden brown until you turn off the heat.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20240721_095610.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 58
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20240721_095724.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 66
Vintage Vietnamese wood got in an old shop...

Nice wood with the perfect powdery berry sweet pastry type note on top then get a little bit more aggressive like sour/bitter/piercing sweetness, then pure sweet to end it, really nice treat because I'm used to indonesia wood most of the time and it never reaches the level of sweet this one
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20240721_075044.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top