Olfactory Nomad
Smells so Oud
Day 3 sess of Wild Nha Trang (Batch A) @TheAgarwoodShop. Sitting steady at 180 degrees. It still has more to give! Reminding me now of Brunei K but not as sharp.
Borneo 3k16 or Borneo 3k05 ?Some malinau wood Ive had for a few years now which smells identical to Borneo3000 oil. By identical I mean identical. Heating just a tiny amount of this lingers in my space for quite some time.
It was pretty cheap wood and not sinking grade but is far better than most kynam and sinking woods Ive tried🤷♂️
Did you put this on coal/sub or ceramic?
Ceramic, high heat 🙂Did you put this on coal/sub or ceramic?
How high did you have to go if you don't mind me asking? I was pushing 180 degrees without getting so much as a hint and figured I'd stop it there having to try it on coal later. Must be up into the 200 range?Ceramic, high heat 🙂
It was about 180/190, the pieces will vary too. Try another one!How high did you have to go if you don't mind me asking? I was pushing 180 degrees without getting so much as a hint and figured I'd stop it there having to try it on coal later. Must be up into the 200 range?
I went with mesOUD Pursat again today, I get that nutty note with many of the pieces, also with my older Hainan Char. I love that note, and I think it’s a sign of old resin formation.
Definitely. My nose agreesShoyeido Matsu Grade Square
I find myself using very low heat with this oudh, it displays the fruits much longer.
Must have been a great sessionWild MALUKU
Today i burned too much,before i start to grind them for coming distillation.
I waited a long time to whisper something to me.
And finally talked to me about how I should treat
Distilling this beauty will be pleasure
View attachment 39295
Their Japanese website only sells chips and slivers 🙁 was the chunk purchased years ago?Yamadamatsu SS Aloeswood
Slivers from a 15g chunk
Smells so much like Tarakan,
but I can’t be 100% sure.
Room temperature aroma reminds me of
KZ’s 1985 oud oil.