Kyara "Obsolete Words"

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Some puresacra oman frankincense directly on a coal - fumigation time!

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Got to sit down a couple days ago with two of the woods I got sent.

Longkawi Island Malaysia - Herbal, foresty, bitter, sweet, yummy
E2CCFEF7-BA48-43BA-8300-9D05E1B250C2.jpeg


Brunei Orchid - Floral, citrus, damp, powdery. More of an oudy funk on higher heat, and crazy delicious florals when keeping it around 7.5-8v. One of my favorite listening experiences so far.
0D8407F9-CD2F-4102-9F0E-635EE8AF0960.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Malinau pieces from wardlab. Beautiful oudy and rich minty on the tea light burner.
 
Naga Ken - TheOudLab - spur of moment after work session, with already used once used chips (heated in a gathering but the coal wasn't hot enough). So I broke a piece of charcoal, lit it up, and waited for the tiniest amount of fluffy white/grey ash to accumulate.

Added the tiniest and thinnest pieces of the above mentioned Naga Ken chips and I was blown away. Even super close to the censer I was able to inhale without smelling any harshness. That indescribable, hint of cough syrup Hindi heart coming through. I can't quite express how little I used and how incredibly clean the aroma was.... Anyone who's a fan of oud chips needs to check these out, and did I mention these are the base offering in terms of wood from TheOudLab, sheer insanity!!?!!

I'm attaching a picture of the remaining chips, one which was heated slight, one which wasn't and I didn't even get to them!
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20240806_174741~2.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 63
Some really beautiful sinensis wood, again from wardlab. This material is deceptive- the pieces of wood look ordinary but the deep bitter sweetness is absolutely beautiful and smells like the oud i would smell when burning one of shoyeido's high end sticks.

IMG_8665.jpeg
 
Some really beautiful sinensis wood, again from wardlab. This material is deceptive- the pieces of wood look ordinary but the deep bitter sweetness is absolutely beautiful and smells like the oud i would smell when burning one of shoyeido's high end sticks.

View attachment 39643
As I scrolled down, I thought to myself, that's gotta be some petrified soil wood, it looks positively rock like 😂

.... then I saw the tea candle heater
 
It occurred to me it might look confusing on a mobile device haha
 
It occurred to me it might look confusing on a mobile device haha
I have one of those tea candle heaters as well but have only used it for resin. Hadn't thought to try it with wood for some reason? You don't find the candle soot smell interferes with the wood?
 
I have one of those tea candle heaters as well but have only used it for resin. Hadn't thought to try it with wood for some reason? You don't find the candle soot smell interferes with the wood?
I haven't noticed, but I use this more to fill a room than to study woods.
 
View attachment 39648

Mesoud pursat melting away at 650f. Fast morning burn with plenty of resin. have some smells like honey, jungle, floral, silky, piercing sweet and fresh. Cambodia is easily one of my favorite scent. I like to let smoke in my hair so all day im smelling powdery berry sweet waft of air
That looks good!!
 
Back
Top