Amazon also has mica plates for a good price, I believe I got some from there last time.
Many of these are synthetic mica and are not pure, they are made with epoxy and mica dust. Natural mica, like the kind that Shoyeido sells usually around $10 per plate, are much preferable and will not emit a noxious fishy aroma upon initial heatings.
 
MR P ~ I'm really admiring your FOO dog censer with the swirling cloud tail. Just a wonderful puffer.
Thanks! you know that one goes back to my very first interest in incense. Grew up in Brooklyn back in the 70s and found that in a drawer when i was in 7th/8th grade, my parents could never remember where they got it. Been burning incense in that since 1982. First burn was a bunch of frank on a swiftlite I bought at a rastafarian shop in the neighborhood. Great memories!
 
I'm heating some CK chips i got from ejayb on the tea light /candle burner with a mesh insert instead of the metal cup insert. This is a pretty intense heat and this is bringing out some really resinous and hearty aspects of the ck wood while still getting a nice long bittersweet burn. In this case transferring the aroma to my clothes / forearms by holding them in the smoke stream for a while. A very nice smokey deep bitter oud scent is left behind - you would not think this was the same material making those gentle neutrally/blandly sweet oils. If you get the temperature just right, you can get some nice rich fumigation from these that goes well beyond what is released at lower temps.

IMG_8749.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Wild Shin Kyara - Fuji Smoke from bro kos.

Original Post: Sweet, thick creamy vanillic notes with a sour undertone and some floral activity and (sour) red fruits, buttery, and a hint of chocolate and mint at the end.

Second post experience of the day, literally only 1 hour apart lol:
Now I was getting pleasing bitterness, bitter chocolate, spiciness, spicy chocolate with an undertone of bitterness, some florals, floral "chocolate", and some creaminess which again, creamy chocolate + florals and and some sour fruity, cherry type note. Oh, yeah and some "smokiness" but a very clean smokiness, nothing like real smoke.

Next time I put a fresh amount of Fuji Smoke on, I am gonna try and make it all slices/slivers so I can accurately get as much as I want, and start off at 80-100c, and see if I can try and catch top notes more. Seems like I destroy them with heat they dont need by putting the heat up instantly lol... still learning. Big learning curve... seriously.
 
Last edited:
Better quality CK chips (olefaktory) on the tea light burner at higher temp kicking off an absurd amount of basic clean bitter sweet oudy aroma. Not very exotic, but very satisfying to be able to enjoy this class of scent at this price.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Some more Fuji Smoke. Basically brought it to mid or end heart notes when I first put it on by accidentally going too high and not being patient, and also not shaving proper amounts for a good temp (for my heater) to indulge in all the top, mid and base notes. Steep learning curve here lol.

Sweet creaminess, bitterness with a chocolate note, then a kick back to more sweet/sour and undertone of bitterness with sweet chocolate, florals, golden honey, golden honey covered florals and chocolate.

Second session of the morning: Sweet (sweetness always starts with the very first few seconds of inhale then goes to bitter notes), bitter, cream chocolate latte, creamy and bitter chocolate, pure cacao notes, some fleeting florals.


I think I am on the end of this, and at the end of base notes and time to put it in a bag and finish it off on coal with all the other done ones in one go lol, and its not lasted even a week, although that's my issue, when putting the kyara on I was in a bad none peaceful mind space I cut it up into small dots of slices instead of slices that i can put like 3 slices and 2 little curls flat down. So, gonna do that later on after I have my second experience with the Mysuru No.1 from CraftOud, only 2:20pm so oil should be over by at least 6:30-8pm, or very unnoticeable then anyway, and can wash my hands 60 mins before heating some more kinam, and now I will do it in a more ritualistic calm approach with cutting slowly, and taking atleast 10 - 15 mins just to cut.
 
Last edited:
Better quality CK chips (olefaktory) on the tea light burner at higher temp kicking off an absurd amount of basic clean bitter sweet oudy aroma. Not very exotic, but very satisfying to be able to enjoy this class of scent at this price.

View attachment 39780
How high from the tea light do you have the bowl sitting to get a good heat reaction from your CK?
 
Last edited:
How high from the tea light do you have the bowl sitting to get a good heat reaction from your CK?
I start it higher up, maybe an inch from the top, then gradually lower it as the wood gets more toasted. I start light and ease into the darker burn. This is with the open mesh insert
 
Wild Kyara - Plum Blossoms in The Wind from kos. 120-140c

Notes of sweet creaminess, sourness, sour fruits, sweet florals and sour fruits kind of combine together, resin, yellow, golden honey-like notes and milky/creamy florals covered in honey, and some spiciness near the end of session (around 10-15mins).

Another session; Mainly 140c. Notes similar except some new ones, but more in-depth at 140c. First notes that entered strongly was the first few ones that lasted like 30 seconds, sweet thick creaminess with a vanillic tone, then some "yellow" florals and "red" fruits (since those are the colours that entered my mind with those notes and the sour red fruits are so clear and gorgeous that they can be mistaken for florals, some bitterness, some mintiness but it was really spicy that took over the role of mintiness, (so as you inhale, the slower you inhale to the max as you can is the best way imo, if you start slowly then just start inhaling slowly, you get notes that come at the start and the end of each inhale, I found that magical) and made the spiciness hit my throat kinda like a weak chilli pepper, but in every inhale I would go through notes of sweet thick cream, then half a thought later I was at florals, then spiciness and an undertone of bitterness. There was also some herbal/greenery notes.

1723663451879.jpeg


Picture was from a use for it at 120 to 140c after 15mins. So not as oily and pretty, but I still find it very pretty lol.
 
Last edited:
Hainan Baotou by Kyarazen/Kangiiten. Lovely aroma. Anyone on this forum looking for the best 'value' for their money should not look anywhere other than kangiiten. As examples: offering these premium old growth large Hainan pieces for 10/grams is unheard of! Offering incense sticks made of Hong Kong wood at 10/gram that are simply not found anywhere else!
 
Back
Top