Went on a heating spree today heated close to 20 different agars and kyaras at about 3 minutes each piece a quick 60-150c and other than the fact I am mind blown from the experience, my nose smells like extremely gorgeous woods and kyaras. It has been 3 hours later and my nose reeks of gorgeous sweetness this has never happened at this level before
 
Went on a heating spree today heated close to 20 different agars and kyaras at about 3 minutes each piece a quick 60-150c and other than the fact I am mind blown from the experience, my nose smells like extremely gorgeous woods and kyaras. It has been 3 hours later and my nose reeks of gorgeous sweetness this has never happened at this level before
Oud speed dating!
 
Wild Vietnamese wood from brother kos

Lovely notes of milky, beautiful animalic high grade muskiness that plays constantly through the heating of the wood at whatever volume, with beautiful, somewhat powdery florals very strong (now I get what you mean now @language scent with the florals) and beautiful, then some spicy notes and some very slight bitterness in the undertones with a a slight green note, some mintiness + spiciness combination that just hits your throat as the vapour inhales through your nose kind of like menthol (which I think is the spice combo of mint), but is also very refreshing and cooling. Notes of sweet, sweet liquid caramel and chocolate that I actually caught dancing (rather quickly) from floral to caramel + chocolate and back and forth for a while, then some honey notes covering the florals and honey and liquid caramel and chocolate covering all the florals and making this amazing combo note, it was beautiful, and there is no word for this beauty. Also some elegant, classy, resinous wood notes.

This was all in 30mins, and then the top and mid notes were finished. I believe when I go back to it, I will be just coming from the end of the mid notes onto the base notes.

I have also found a good use for this Kangiiten small heater, as I use my kinam heater for pretty much just kyara, whether that be wild or cultivated (usually wild lately lol, but am going to try some special CK soon on it). This heater is very good for agarwood though, even high grade agarwood like this, the highest temp is 180c, so I think that is high enough for agarwood, but any that is finished on this heater I put into a large tin that comes with those golden lotus type heaters, or mimics of it, so that once I gather enough up, I can put on coal with a mica and squeeze the rest out.


1724074446168.jpeg

1724074394650.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Went on a heating spree today heated close to 20 different agars and kyaras at about 3 minutes each piece a quick 60-150c and other than the fact I am mind blown from the experience, my nose smells like extremely gorgeous woods and kyaras. It has been 3 hours later and my nose reeks of gorgeous sweetness this has never happened at this level before
Yes. I haven't ever done this ofc, but when I do long sessions (over 20mins) I can smell the Kyara in my nose and everywhere I go for such a long time. Alex from @TheAgarwoodShop also notices this.
 
Yes. I haven't ever done this ofc, but when I do long sessions (over 20mins) I can smell the Kyara in my nose and everywhere I go for such a long time. Alex from @TheAgarwoodShop also notices this.
You must be smelling your own kyara resin-lacquered nose hairs.
 
I am fumigating my home with ck chunks on my tea candle incense burner/ fingerprint remover. (That little metal ball on top gets HOT and is too easy to grab in a distracted moment).

Smells great at the high temp, as I have mentioned. If it is just about scorching but not quite some very interesting semi combusted notes combine with the sugary baked goods aroma you get with a low temperature burn. If you have a bunch of CK and have not really been getting joy from monkoh style heating, this is worth a go.

Have to use intact chunks, not shavings under this condition to get that nice long space filling burn. A couple of chunks the size of a pencil eraser will kick out robust more or less kinam incense profile for most / all of the burn of the tea light. fills my living room, also the stairwell and upstairs hallway.

I should mention that these are dense oily chunks that I'm using that I got from olefaktory. i also have some pretty dry spongy type CK that I suspect would not perform well under this same burn condition.
 
Wild Kyara - Plum Blossoms in the Wind

I got from brother kos back in May, for £150 I got so much stuff that I still haven't used all of the kyara's lol, I even have a lot of hardly used kyara's from when I originally started with these gifts he got me for my birthday back in May, because kosmas is a kind guy he gave me sooo much stuff that would usually cost about £300-400 or something, very grateful. Haven't used much of the white shavings but I think I will get onto them after this plum blossom is done and just put tons of the white shavings from purple kynam onto the heater lol and see how aromatic it is and what the notes are little bit of fun. I got a piece of kyara from my last purchase, and 4 other samples, now 3 coz i ruined one by mistake lol, and one of them is a rather generous cut from Treasure of Japan, which is like a 15k a gram wood, so yeah, just pure appreciation and gratefulness.

Sweet, semi-sweet, bitterness with slight (bitter) greenery and sweet florals, semi-sweet florals, some sourness, some bitter earthiness, hints of dark chocolate, then notes of pure cacao, semi-sweet bitter florals too with some spiciness and mint and spice combo hitting the throat. Very bitter experience this time, was a short heat at 160c (started at 120-140c and its been giving strong aroma at 160c for a long time now, so staying here till no aroma, or when/if I want to see if there's different notes at 180c before the aroma at 160c is gone)

2nd mini session @ 180c: pure thick vapours sweet cream, pleasingly bitter, spicy, sour, and floral with some dark chocolate and beautiful earthy notes

1724165840823.png
 
Last edited:
Mesoud - Maluku
This is such a beautiful wood!
60°-80°c: Floral (purple?), powdery (is it what a real Iris flower smells like?) & creamy
100°c: A blast of flowers, yellow flowers join the bouquet 💐 & this honey oudy sweetness in the background.
I am ready for the Anas distillation!

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
OUDOLOGIE ~ Royal Hindi Gaf Char from Nagaland
Revealing in stereo, on the BBQ electric bahkoor burner, notes of deep dark chocolate leather. While on the other speaker, my warmer (that doubles as a twinkling light show) shoots off fizzy cola top notes.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6849.webp
    362.6 KB · Views: 52
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6848.webp
    277.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back
Top