AA Cultivated Kynam/Kinam chips from Yuzhi, burned on an MHP-50 at 200-250-300. I've never smelled real Kinam before but if wild kinam is better than this then i understand why its expensive.
It's very green, sweet, creamy vanilla and oddly cool. Like a vanilla matcha frappe. At the higher temperture the wood scent comes in but doesnt overpower the previous notes.
I tried burning it on a coal and the smoke is oddly cool and doesnt burn the nose and eyes. The oil bubbling out is an olive-dark olive color and rarly amber.

Update: I burnt it on a pretty hot coal today and the smoke smelled very different, a bit harsh and too medicinal and woody. But after the burn ends and the smoke clears it smells pleasant. CK doesn’t like high heat it seems.
 
Last edited:
Something crazy happened yesterday. I cut up some of the best grade cultivated kinam...i put it on my stove which is a literal subitism heat from 0-400c...i put it on 90c and it was so beautiful....i decided to go for a walk with the dog and so i left it on...went to the other house where i left the dog and then hit the super market. went home after the super market and the whole house smelled so strongly of ck i mean it smelled like ck heaven as if i had 5subitisms in every room with 5g on each sub......so i turned it off. and i went to the other house again to chill a bit and when i returned it was not as pleasant anymore. it smelled like someone took nivea cream and put it all over the walls and the furniture. i opened all the windows....for like 1hour it was windy outside so it aired out nicely.....closed the windows and realized it still smell. it had marinated everything from walls to furniture to everything. i was in bed feeling disgusted...never again.. NEVER AGAIN LOL I NEVER WANT TO EVEN REMEMBER HOW CK SMELLS and i am someone who liked ck. sick just remembering how it smelled
 
KyaraShrine included a sample of binderless "sinking green kyara" incense. kyara, not kyara, who knows but it is basically a stick of pressed ck powder. It looks like an extruded stick but up close appears to be actually pressed with a mold because of the way the ends are contoured. Pic attached.

As would be expected with soft green ck wood, the stick is flexible and almost damp feeling with oil. It has been hard to get started - it starts to burn like a candle and I had to start it and blow it out a few times to get it to begin to have an ember and not just burn and self extinguish when blown out. The smell is a very nice saturated kinam type aroma seems true to the product description.

They have a significant discount right now - about 25% off compared to a week or two ago - on some of their oils and other things by the way.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
KyaraShrine included a sample of binderless "sinking green kyara" incense. kyara, not kyara, who knows but it is basically a stick of pressed ck powder. It looks like an extruded stick but up close appears to be actually pressed with a mold because of the way the ends are contoured. Pic attached.

As would be expected with soft green ck wood, the stick is flexible and almost damp feeling with oil. It has been hard to get started - it starts to burn like a candle and I had to start it and blow it out a few times to get it to begin to have an ember and not just burn and self extinguish when blown out. The smell is a very nice saturated kinam type aroma seems true to the product description.

They have a significant discount right now - about 25% off compared to a week or two ago - on some of their oils and other things by the way. View attachment 40076
Yeah, they certainly are becoming a thing these pressed sticks. A great idea really. I find the smell of burning these can become a bit nauseating if there is too much smoke or the room isn't well ventilated. Nine Regions has a few different varieties for very cheap...like really really cheap.
 
Yeah, they certainly are becoming a thing these pressed sticks. A great idea really. I find the smell of burning these can become a bit nauseating if there is too much smoke or the room isn't well ventilated. Nine Regions has a few different varieties for very cheap...like really really cheap.
Yeah I don't see CK as particularly well suited for sticks becau se the straight up combustion is really not my preference for that wood. Too much gets lost

the nineregion oils seem real / natural but the aromatic profile is no fun at all so they kind of discouraged me from sampling their products more broadly. The oils seem to concentrate that facets of hainan / ck that I find pretty unappealing.

I know I've mentioned something to this effect before and I repeat myself a little bit ha ha
 
Yeah I don't see CK as particularly well suited for sticks becau se the straight up combustion is really not my preference for that wood. Too much gets lost

the nineregion oils seem real / natural but the aromatic profile is no fun at all so they kind of discouraged me from sampling their products more broadly. The oils seem to concentrate that facets of hainan / ck that I find pretty unappealing.

I know I've mentioned something to this effect before and I repeat myself a little bit ha ha
Yes, totally. Somehow when you start burning CK the smell even becomes,(searching for the right words here) synthetic or plastic maybe? Kind of like the strong piercing scent of the green oil straight out of the bottle but getting burnt. Nine Regions has a couple of blends of these pressed sticks containing CK but also what he is calling Vietnam red soil and Hainan ant shell etc. They're not terrible if you can call that a recommendation lol. His regular extruded sticks of various agarwoods and Mysore are pretty good.
 
As would be expected with soft green ck wood, the stick is flexible and almost damp feeling with oil. It has been hard to get started - it starts to burn like a candle and I had to start it and blow it out a few times to get it to begin to have an ember and not just burn and self extinguish when blown out. The smell is a very nice saturated kinam type aroma seems true to the product description.

They have a significant discount right now - about 25% off compared to a week or two ago - on some of their oils and other things by the way. View attachment 40076
Incense sticks of ck are so retarded I mean ck itself is so so cheap you can burn 1g at a time and fumigate the whole neighborhood why would people be burning this stuff and making a far superior and more toxic smoke is beyond me lol I guess some people just like the smell of smoke. I can see the idea of a nice incense stick tho I just can’t see it in ck
 
Last edited:
Something crazy happened yesterday. I cut up some of the best grade cultivated kinam...i put it on my stove which is a literal subitism heat from 0-400c...i put it on 90c and it was so beautiful....i decided to go for a walk with the dog and so i left it on...went to the other house where i left the dog and then hit the super market. went home after the super market and the whole house smelled so strongly of ck i mean it smelled like ck heaven as if i had 5subitisms in every room with 5g on each sub......so i turned it off. and i went to the other house again to chill a bit and when i returned it was not as pleasant anymore. it smelled like someone took nivea cream and put it all over the walls and the furniture. i opened all the windows....for like 1hour it was windy outside so it aired out nicely.....closed the windows and realized it still smell. it had marinated everything from walls to furniture to everything. i was in bed feeling disgusted...never again.. NEVER AGAIN LOL I NEVER WANT TO EVEN REMEMBER HOW CK SMELLS and i am someone who liked ck. sick just remembering how it smelled
I can see this happening to you bro, they are very bad.
since I got my Kangiiten CK and tried them for the first time, I knew these are human made and very industrial.
for me they smell bad, had bad effects as well, and I'll take any medicore agarwood or well made incense over it anytime anywhere.
 
I can see this happening to you bro, they are very bad.
since I got my Kangiiten CK and tried them for the first time, I knew these are human made and very industrial.
for me they smell bad, had bad effects as well, and I'll take any medicore agarwood or well made incense over it anytime anywhere.
I have a bunch of CK, from mother tree grafts even, but they’re still with me, I seldom burn them, mainly because of their effects, and something doesn’t seem right, I don’t even think of them as agarwood.
 
I am guessing there are some shenanigans with the ck boom. I can't imagine anything going weird as far as the oud goes just because somebody is growing a grafted cutting from a kinam tree, but if it's been inoculated with chemicals or if some kind of industrial low grade ck extract has been pumped into a sapling that's grown for a brief period before harvesting, that is a whole other thing. I have one CK that (unlike the others) has a kind of solvent like smell when i open the tin it is in, don't trust that stuff at all. Beyond that I've never gotten any bad vibes/effects from cultivated kinam, i count myself fortunate!
 
Yes, totally. Somehow when you start burning CK the smell even becomes,(searching for the right words here) synthetic or plastic maybe? Kind of like the strong piercing scent of the green oil straight out of the bottle but getting burnt. Nine Regions has a couple of blends of these pressed sticks containing CK but also what he is calling Vietnam red soil and Hainan ant shell etc. They're not terrible if you can call that a recommendation lol. His regular extruded sticks of various agarwoods and Mysore are pretty good.
I'll take any medicore agarwood or well made incense over it anytime anywhere.

This was my experience with the sticks as well. I don't mind heating CK at super low temperatures it's enjoyable, not as enjoyable as something like a nice Hindi chip on coal, however still allowed me to feel generally calm. The sticks however, oh boy the smell they produced while burning made me really question how could anyone could enjoy them. They smell beautiful unlit, like really gorgeous. Perhaps the play here is to get sinking CK for a lower price and then break off chunks to use on a heater 🤷‍♂️
 
This was my experience with the sticks as well. I don't mind heating CK at super low temperatures it's enjoyable, not as enjoyable as something like a nice Hindi chip on coal, however still allowed me to feel generally calm. The sticks however, oh boy the smell they produced while burning made me really question how could anyone could enjoy them. They smell beautiful unlit, like really gorgeous. Perhaps the play here is to get sinking CK for a lower price and then break off chunks to use on a heater 🤷‍♂️
Agree totally. Perhaps it's just better not to burn it full stop? It's really a relatively new thing to burn CK in a stick. I'm coming to the conclusion it's much better simply to be heated. Never had any issues there and I've got a bunch of grades of CK from dirt cheap to very expensive.
 
I can see this happening to you bro, they are very bad.
since I got my Kangiiten CK and tried them for the first time, I knew these are human made and very industrial.
for me they smell bad, had bad effects as well, and I'll take any medicore agarwood or well made incense over it anytime anywhere.
100% brother! There is nothing like natural wood. It’s strange because this is not the first time heating ck. This is the first time I got super disgusted from it tho. I guess the truth is I haven’t heated ck since the start of my journey where I was ripped off by Etsy sellers who sold it to me as wild a couple times. Now I just can’t even comprehend how anyone can like this stuff. I been heating way too many beautiful woods like the top restaurants of the world and ck is like eating the sludge from the bottom of a dumpster that has all rotten juice from fish, meats, baby diapers, rotten cheese and a lot more I won’t mention cause might get sick lol
 
This was my experience with the sticks as well. I don't mind heating CK at super low temperatures it's enjoyable, not as enjoyable as something like a nice Hindi chip on coal, however still allowed me to feel generally calm. The sticks however, oh boy the smell they produced while burning made me really question how could anyone could enjoy them. They smell beautiful unlit, like really gorgeous. Perhaps the play here is to get sinking CK for a lower price and then break off chunks to use on a heater 🤷‍♂️
It’s true, some ck at room temp is extremely gorgeous, not all tho -and same for the sticks. Uncle kai on Etsy sold me a ck 4 years ago .5g 320$ now he selling .1 for the same price, I dare say at room temp it’s one of the most gorgeous smells. It smells like ck but with a huge twist that blinds you of the ck. Unforgettable aroma of course when you heat it it’s clearly . I remember the aroma faded at some point and so I grinder it to make the aroma come back but it didn’t and it just reeked of ck lol it’s unexplainable
 
It is now the morning of two days after the ck inside the and when I remember the aroma in the house I feel like I’m going to throw up literally.

Feels like my soul is in my stomach like a tornado and wants to throw up inside my chest to be exact just be the memory of the scent I f the ck stuck everywhere.
 
Something crazy happened yesterday. I cut up some of the best grade cultivated kinam...i put it on my stove which is a literal subitism heat from 0-400c...i put it on 90c and it was so beautiful....i decided to go for a walk with the dog and so i left it on...went to the other house where i left the dog and then hit the super market. went home after the super market and the whole house smelled so strongly of ck i mean it smelled like ck heaven as if i had 5subitisms in every room with 5g on each sub......so i turned it off. and i went to the other house again to chill a bit and when i returned it was not as pleasant anymore. it smelled like someone took nivea cream and put it all over the walls and the furniture. i opened all the windows....for like 1hour it was windy outside so it aired out nicely.....closed the windows and realized it still smell. it had marinated everything from walls to furniture to everything. i was in bed feeling disgusted...never again.. NEVER AGAIN LOL I NEVER WANT TO EVEN REMEMBER HOW CK SMELLS and i am someone who liked ck. sick just remembering how it smelled
u got some dat nivea cream?
😂😂😂
 
Back
Top