If I had only two choices and one be ck fumigated room or a petshop stinking like some nasty fish and turtle food, I would prefer the pet store any day
All this talk about CK makes me want to put a little CK on the burner! 😉
 
100% brother! There is nothing like natural wood. It’s strange because this is not the first time heating ck. This is the first time I got super disgusted from it tho. I guess the truth is I haven’t heated ck since the start of my journey where I was ripped off by Etsy sellers who sold it to me as wild a couple times. Now I just can’t even comprehend how anyone can like this stuff. I been heating way too many beautiful woods like the top restaurants of the world and ck is like eating the sludge from the bottom of a dumpster that has all rotten juice from fish, meats, baby diapers, rotten cheese and a lot more I won’t mention cause might get sick lol
Most ck is only a few years of infection on a young tree, it feels criminal to even compare it to most other agarwood. A quick minty hit some give to give a fresher feel in the room every now and then can be nice, but to be honest I usually get frustrated that I didn’t spend the money on something else other then ck!
 
Most ck is only a few years of infection on a young tree, it feels criminal to even compare it to most other agarwood. A quick minty hit some give to give a fresher feel in the room every now and then can be nice, but to be honest I usually get frustrated that I didn’t spend the money on something else other then ck!
This is true. The ck I used the other day was some of the best I ever had. It was just overdose which led me to never want to smell it ever again. I have done this with many agarwoods and no such horrible effects. Goes to show wtf they inoculate this crap with
 
This is true. The ck I used the other day was some of the best I ever had. It was just overdose which led me to never want to smell it ever again. I have done this with many agarwoods and no such horrible effects. Goes to show wtf they inoculate this crap with
I know a Chinese woman in Guangdong who uses no chemical inoculants, and they show you how they do it on her instagram. They just put very, very hot (you can see how hot the rod is by the super red color at the end) rod into the trees and they start producing CK. She has some of the most awesome looking CK I have ever seen, not tried any though, she has stuff ranging from very dark resinous pieces with different formations than any CK I have bought or seen. She also has CK that is has more of a light brown/blonde resin and is red oil CK. Like this https://www.instagram.com/p/C9h2kL-JqGM/?hl=en&img_index=1

 
Trent at Grandawood describes the same hot poker / innoculant-free procedure that they use for their sinensis. I can only imagine what techniques are being used on an industrial scale though... I would be most happy if I could get my hands on wood that had been induced by that method because I'd like to burn the stuff on a regular basis and avoid any weird chemical industrial materials if possible. That's more important to me than how resinated or large the chunk is, which seems to be the driving factor that determines the price a lot of the time.
 
Last edited:
Trent at Grandawood describes the same hot poker / innoculant-free procedure that they use for their sinensis. I can only imagine what techniques are being used on an industrial scale though...
Yes. Industrial scale is most likely, if not all the time, using some sort of chemical. I dont know why all of them dont just do this because Miki has TONS of it for sale, like basically industrial. People just want the trees to produce it quickly and look like its good.
 
I bought a whole bunch from olefaktory that has been excellent. I know he was fastidious about his source and only got stuff that he knew was natural and from a grower he trusted.
 
This was "plain old" ck 😂
 
Kyara Zen Hainan Baotou

Requires a different temperature curve than my other Hainan chars, I have to start at a higher temp, not for Mon Koh IMO. It has a nice Hainan profile but has less flowery top notes than my other Hainan chars.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
This picture shows the underside, not the infected side. The Baotou on the left has wood fibers that appear and behave toasted,
and the underside appears charred. I wonder if the tree wound received the hot iron treatment🧐
 
Kyara Zen Hainan Baotou

Requires a different temperature curve than my other Hainan chars, I have to start at a higher temp, not for Mon Koh IMO. It has a nice Hainan profile but has less flowery top notes than my other Hainan chars.
View attachment 40090
This picture shows the underside, not the infected side. The Baotou on the left has wood fibers that appear and behave toasted,
and the underside appears charred. I wonder if the tree wound received the hot iron treatment🧐
Woah... why does this not look like very good wood? The pictures looked amazing on Kangiiten...
 
Wild Kyara - Fuji Smoke. Been on this particular amount on the heater for a good couple of days, right now I am going between 160-180c, each time I use it I start at 160c then after around 2-5mins it starts needing a boost to 180c, so sometimes I just boost it to 180c then after 1-2 mins put it back to 160c and the aroma will be stronger for a good 2-5mins again, today I put it to 180c for around 5-10m mins or something, overall session was like 15-20 mins, I can still smell the starting note (which is ALWAYS thick vanillic cream, no matter what stage Fuji Smoke is at, for some reason it starts with a thick vaporous creamy vanillic note, its actually real nice and sticks to your nose for a while, feels like you have incense playing in your nose).

Starting off with a lovely thick vaporous vanillic creamy note with the first deep inhale, then it becomes quite pleasingly bitter with a semi-sweet (with bitter underneath it) salted caramel note, with bitter forest greenery and a note of a sweet-ish, mainly bitter, clean campfire smoke in the forest, with some undertones of beautiful soft milkiness and florals inbetween the bitter greenery notes of the forest, very dark, almost pure cacao level chocolate with an earthy undertone, it would be a pure cacao note without the sweet vanillic creamy, and milky notes always kind of lingering.

Lovely session, and first aromatic of the day.

The Kyara so far on the heater;

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Here’s a picture of the resinated side before I chopped it all up.
View attachment 40092
OH lawd, that is some pretty ass, wood. Although, I feel like, if you want to keep your name good as an aloeswood selling company, then clean the woods as much as possible before selling, like clean it with the same commitment and dedication, as the Japanese. I think if Kangiiten got more and more wood on and cleaned all their high end woods really well, then chopped a particular wood into pieces the way the Japanese do, then I think that would be greatly appreciated by the community, and this goes for any company touting that they sell high quality woods, whether its a .com or a person on instagram etc.
 
Back
Top