OH lawd, that is some pretty ass, wood. Although, I feel like, if you want to keep your name good as an aloeswood selling company, then clean the woods as much as possible before selling, like clean it with the same commitment and dedication, as the Japanese. I think if Kangiiten got more and more wood on and cleaned all their high end woods really well, then chopped a particular wood into pieces the way the Japanese do, then I think that would be greatly appreciated by the community, and this goes for any company touting that they sell high quality woods, whether its a .com or a person on instagram etc.
I brought this up to a former vendor here on Ouddict, and he said if they were to completely clean the chips then they would have to charge more$$, so I don’t mind cleaning it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. Also, it takes time to further clean chips, which would make it impossible for some sellers.

I’ve only purchased Kangiiten’s budget priced woods, the most I paid was $13/gram, so I can’t comment on their high end woods.
 
Last edited:
I brought this up to a former vendor here on Ouddict, and he said if they were to completely clean the chips then they would have to charge more$$, so I don’t mind cleaning it myself rather than paying someone else to do it. Also, it takes time to further clean chips, which would make it impossible for some sellers.

I’ve only purchased Kangiiten’s budget priced woods, the most I paid was $13/gram, so I can’t comment on their high end woods.
I understand that. How do you clean your woods? With one of those hook things? I would just use my knives if I had to clean a wood. Actually, I have some Malaysian wood that needs cleaned at the bottom of the chip/strips but idk if it would be worth it.
 
I use this

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

I actually enjoy the ritual of cleaning the chips that need it, it is meditative, as is when I chisel the pieces for slivers.
 
Kaden kobunboku in one room, ck "bakhoor" on the candle burner in the other. The kobunboku is a great background stick, leaves a nice after scent. Ck bakhoor meaning i smeared a piece with some old thick patchouli oil (purchased in 1993!). Patchouli oil is wild on a burner like this.
 
today, 10minutes of a very strange famous kyara with clear white sage, cool mint, sweet flowers(magnolia/jasmine/honey suckle in the blender with honey....slight bitterness and slight of something i cant yet decode. the effects were pretty strong body and mind numbing

a rakoku vietnam that i love.... medicinal, flowery, bittersweet creamy honey with strawberry undertones, slight cola bright vibe...this one numbed my forhead and gave me slightly heavy eyes

a vietnamese heatwood that is a classic bittersweet spicy honey cream milk resin to end todays heating sessions. this one made me sleepy and mind numb the crap out of my mind.

it is not my thing to heat multiple woods daily as the effects might not be good mixed. from now on only one wood a day unless its one of those days recieving new kyaras that are on the road to being extinct and i must snag some asap.
 
Wild, West Malaysian wood from Kangiiten

west malaysian kangiiten bottle.jpg


Notes of thick, slightly animalic musky-like, creamy notes, elegant Malaysian woodiness (which this wood has a special kind of scent to the wood note, and I have smelled it in oils too), very, very sweet notes, slightly bitter undertone with some jungle/forest kinda greenery on a sunny dry day. This experience was hours ago, so I am going to revisit, but I also starting to remember some sour/sweet fruits with a very subtle hint of cola.

This wood slowly develops on the heater at 160c (the medium heat of my agarwood heater that I use mainly for agarwood and my kinam heater is mainly for wild kyara, until I get another kinam heater where I can use that for CK and agarwood).

West Malysian kangiiten on heater 1.jpg


I am wondering how the Filipino wood from Kangiiten is on a heater, I have a full bottle and there is 49 bottles still in stock on kangiiten, if its good on heater I may buy a ton of their Filipino wood as its rather inexpensive lol. But definitely more Sumatora first.
 
Last edited:
muramachi period kyara "Yoshimitsu"! very old school medicine! a good friend said this could be a rare case of hainan kyara. old style kyara

: delicate airy florals, slight cooling notes, sweet and bitter, sour, some light kind of orange candy, beautiful unique herbal undertone, extremely light spice that is not always there, creamy honey...very distant jasmin breeze hardly noticed...higher heat more sour bitterness. today my nose is on fire, i can smell the shit on an ants baby's diaper. i believe the wood i heated earlier may have sharpened my nose powers!
 
Wild Philippines by Kangiiten/KZ

The 2 bottles I bought are mostly chips of very light brown colour, so little to moderate resin depending on chip, but high oil and cutting it was like cutting softer wood than agarwood (because these pieces were more oily than resinous), like I was shaving pieces off like CK or Kyara, ofc not AS soft as them, but heck, some pieces were just as soft as CK AND WILD Kyara, like they would just slice off slivers with my knife quite easily instead of powdering everywhere or pinging across the room, and I had this on for HOURS like 2 hours or something, and it was so strong from the UFO heater (kangiiten's silver disc heater thing that I use for agarwoods and CK) that I was just sitting it next to my keyboard and I could smell it like a subtle incense stick, and every now and then wafting the invisible vapour into my nose, top notes lasted ages even at 180c, around 30-45mins, and it was just repeating the same notes for that amount of time, then I noticed some other notes then more notes continued to slowly develop. I cant go into all the notes as I have a bad memory, but I will try and remember what I got.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Sweet, creamy, milky, agarwood notes, these replayed for a good while then all of a sudden a sweet milky chocolate note came out, then followed by that a medicinal kinda note, caramel, and caramel + chocolate, savoury-like wood notes, subtle camphor notes with mint, in no way is this Filipino wood, on 160-180c anyway, "cloyingly sweet", it is just very sweet and just right, but not sickly sweet which is what I view "cloying sweetness" to mean (and it does mean that usually, but does it mean something else in the agarwood world? Because even Kangiiten said it is "cloying sweetness" on their description?). Some light resinous notes that actually start out with a cannabis-like note, identical pretty much, then it develops into this sweet, weird herbal resinous note, it was quite interesting, it also happened when I first put the heater on, the first notes were actually a really strong cannabis-like note that was pretty identical to cannabis, and I learned that this was the resinous note when the second resinous note came out and had the same cannabis smell but developed into the resinous note that it was faster than when I first got it at the top notes. Some fruity notes too, and before turning off I believe I was starting to get some fruity/floral notes... until next time, there's plenty of life remaining. I took the pic AFTER I was done heating it for 2 hours.



*WARING RANT*

Lovely wood tbh on heater. I dont know why no ones buying a lot of it on Kangiiten just as a daily burn/heat, and its pretty cheap wild wood, and each bottle will 100% be different than the next, like some with more resinous chips vs more oily based chips etc. Or maybe people, maybe on this forum or not, probably not because no one is doing burn of the days with this wood that I have seen, only me. If people are buying this wood off Kangiiten then they definitely have a lot of it in stock, since they still have 49 bottles left from when it was first put up. The Malaysian that I put on the heater is more resinous and would 100% be considered "higher grade". Not "top shelf" wood, but just moderate to entry high grade level wood, whereas the Philippines is more entry grade wild wood, but the fragrance, even if not fancy, dancy and super complex, it is a nice wood on the heater, and is pleasant and is actually stronger fragrance on the heater than the Malaysian, although with the West Malaysian from Kangiiten you need way less, and the Sumatora on a heater is great because you only need like 25-50mg (similar amounts you would use for top shelf wood, like my 150 year old Vietnamese rakoku from kosmas, but I have had that for almost a month and have had 4 sessions with it or something and have only use 120-150mg so its a little more potent than the Sumatora), since the Sinking Sumatora A. Hirta is definitely top shelf wood, 100%. I rate top shelf wood based on smell, how it makes me feel and overall potency, as in how much you need for a stroooong scent.
*WARING RANT*
 
Kyarazen Hainan Baotou

Again, I need to bring the heat for this oudh,
therefore it has a limited range of performance, but it does deliver some nice Hainan notes.
thanks for sharing your experience with this one, I have to admit I was pretty underwhelmed and unimpressed by heating the powder version I got of this wood. the aroma was mostly empty, not a lot going on there and required a lot of heat to get aroma, which also means the aroma turns to sour burnt wood pretty quickly as well.
 
thanks for sharing your experience with this one, I have to admit I was pretty underwhelmed and unimpressed by heating the powder version I got of this wood. the aroma was mostly empty, not a lot going on there and required a lot of heat to get aroma, which also means the aroma turns to sour burnt wood pretty quickly as well.
thats horrible
 
thanks for sharing your experience with this one, I have to admit I was pretty underwhelmed and unimpressed by heating the powder version I got of this wood. the aroma was mostly empty, not a lot going on there and required a lot of heat to get aroma, which also means the aroma turns to sour burnt wood pretty quickly as well.
It’s not garbage, but indeed underwhelming and unimpressive. There’s resin, but the quality and power of the aroma doesn’t compare to my other Hainans. I think the resin inducing method to create resin quickly, made the quality suffer, or maybe it is the tree stock itself.
I just heated some of the Hainan chips from Kyarazen that I got a few weeks earlier, not the Baotou, these pieces definitely received the hot iron stake treatment, and smell similar to the Baotou, but with less performance. I’m not happy with that purchase.
 
Back
Top