150 (since harvested) years old Vietnamese aloeswood by brother Kosmas aka @language scent 0.52g (which is a lot for this quality of wood even had some kynam notes, a session will last about 1 hour on heater), so thank you brother much appreciated and grateful for such beautiful woods you offer me and everyone else for such good prices, youre top g lol.

1 hour session at 60mins - Temps: 85c released the first few light top notes for around 5-10mins, or longer or perhaps a little longer not sure didnt keep track, and it as a strong aroma, then 160c was the temp for basically the temp for majority of the heat, then changed to the 180c option for like the last 10-15 or so mins.


FYI: This is a first impression, and it is as complex as kyara IMO after smelling this, so each write up I do about it will most likely change.

Notes: Clean and "Dirty", dirty doesnt mean bad. Thick Creamy vanillic tones with a beautiful milky note with some chocolate and caramel notes, with absolutely beautiful animalic musky sort of notes (which turns the thick creamy note "dirty") that start mildly and grow but not overwhelmingly, still absolutely beautiful, some indolic florals that are white-ish with a milky, sweet undertone. Earthiness, with a spikenard-like earthy floral note.

Start of heating:

1723730623873.jpeg


End of session (no more aroma coming from it when I ended but keeping the wood on it and gonna go back just to see if theres any left if not then put it on coal when I order good self igniting black charcoals):
1723730736448.jpeg


Photos from start to finish (btw I used this on my small portable cheap Kangiiten heater that I hardly use anymore after I got my kinam heater, but I have noticed it is extremely good for agarwoods, and I noticed that with Borneo Kinam that I have and then again with this, so this may be my agarwood heater most of the time):

The best picture I could take on phone and not professional camera:
1723729771146.jpeg

1723729822648.jpeg
 
Last edited:
150 (since harvested) years old Vietnamese aloeswood by brother Kosmas aka @language scent 0.52g (which is a lot for this quality of wood even had some kynam notes, a session will last about 1 hour on heater), so thank you brother much appreciated and grateful for such beautiful woods you offer me and everyone else for such good prices, youre top g lol.

1 hour session at 60mins - Temps: 85c released the first few light top notes for around 5-10mins, or longer or perhaps a little longer not sure didnt keep track, and it as a strong aroma, then 160c was the temp for basically the temp for majority of the heat, then changed to the 180c option for like the last 10-15 or so mins.


FYI: This is a first impression, and it is as complex as kyara IMO after smelling this, so each write up I do about it will most likely change.

Notes: Clean and "Dirty", dirty doesnt mean bad. Thick Creamy vanillic tones with a beautiful milky note with some chocolate and caramel notes, with absolutely beautiful animalic musky sort of notes (which turns the thick creamy note "dirty") that start mildly and grow but not overwhelmingly, still absolutely beautiful, some indolic florals that are white-ish with a milky, sweet undertone. Earthiness, with a spikenard-like earthy floral note.

Start of heating:

View attachment 39808

End of session (no more aroma coming from it when I ended but keeping the wood on it and gonna go back just to see if theres any left if not then put it on coal when I order good self igniting black charcoals):
View attachment 39809

Photos from start to finish (btw I used this on my small portable cheap Kangiiten heater that I hardly use anymore after I got my kinam heater, but I have noticed it is extremely good for agarwoods, and I noticed that with Borneo Kinam that I have and then again with this, so this maybe my agarwood heater most of the time):

The best picture I could take on phone and not professional camera:
View attachment 39806
View attachment 39807
i get fruity flowery medicinal notes. strawberry cream, minty kind of note... @iori also got strawberry....these woods sure do change with use.
 
150 (since harvested) years old Vietnamese aloeswood by brother Kosmas aka @language scent 0.52g (which is a lot for this quality of wood even had some kynam notes, a session will last about 1 hour on heater), so thank you brother much appreciated and grateful for such beautiful woods you offer me and everyone else for such good prices, youre top g lol.

1 hour session at 60mins - Temps: 85c released the first few light top notes for around 5-10mins, or longer or perhaps a little longer not sure didnt keep track, and it as a strong aroma, then 160c was the temp for basically the temp for majority of the heat, then changed to the 180c option for like the last 10-15 or so mins.


FYI: This is a first impression, and it is as complex as kyara IMO after smelling this, so each write up I do about it will most likely change.

Notes: Clean and "Dirty", dirty doesnt mean bad. Thick Creamy vanillic tones with a beautiful milky note with some chocolate and caramel notes, with absolutely beautiful animalic musky sort of notes (which turns the thick creamy note "dirty") that start mildly and grow but not overwhelmingly, still absolutely beautiful, some indolic florals that are white-ish with a milky, sweet undertone. Earthiness, with a spikenard-like earthy floral note.

Start of heating:

View attachment 39808

End of session (no more aroma coming from it when I ended but keeping the wood on it and gonna go back just to see if theres any left if not then put it on coal when I order good self igniting black charcoals):
View attachment 39809

Photos from start to finish (btw I used this on my small portable cheap Kangiiten heater that I hardly use anymore after I got my kinam heater, but I have noticed it is extremely good for agarwoods, and I noticed that with Borneo Kinam that I have and then again with this, so this maybe my agarwood heater most of the time):

The best picture I could take on phone and not professional camera:
View attachment 39806
View attachment 39807
i didnt notice the animalic until you said it. in my memory there is def something like extremely high grade kind of musk kind of thing
 
Malaysian ant wood, very very sweet with some little bit of a vague spice and woody note, the sweetness is very long lasting and sticks when fumigating. It has a type of sweeter fragrance I assume is from west Malaysia because it is similar to other sweet type ive tried.. I dont think I've tried wood guaranteed to be from east Malaysia though, so its only a guess, but I'm assuming it would smell more herbal like other indonesian profile. is anyone able to tell west and east Malaysian wood apart?
 
Last edited:
i get fruity flowery medicinal notes. strawberry cream, minty kind of note... @iori also got strawberry....these woods sure do change with use.
I definitely got floral notes 100%. Not really fruity but I can see where you are coming from, also the minty note you said you got, I didnt quite get minty, but there was a cooling sensation 100% here and there.
 
i didnt notice the animalic until you said it. in my memory there is def something like extremely high grade kind of musk kind of thing
Yeah 100%. It actually had a Sumatora vibe to it, except it wasn't sour, instead it was sweet, and no real greenery like Sumatora. This wood you gave me I can bet with each use it will reveal itself more and more.
 
Wild Kyara - Plum Blossoms in the Wind by brother Kosmas aka @language scent . Same Kyara from last post, got a lot of life left on it, I do mini sessions of anywhere between 5-15mins and sometimes 20-30mins. So when there is kyara on the heater I put it in a very small closet that has a door (its like harry potters bedroom in the movies lol) and it has a thick bit of wood as a mini table, and i put it there away from any other odors in the house, such as people coming in with like 30 sprays of their low end shitty perfumes and MOSTLY incense sticks, where aromatic smoke can get onto the kyara and possibly change it's smell. I have also noticed that the first inhale you take while cupping the heater (like in Kodo, now I know why they cup it and not just waft the scent in their face) that the aroma changes as you inhale and the scent gets somewhat stronger too.

140-160c

Notes: Semi-sweetness and sweet purple and red fruits, a gourmet sugary plum note, some airiness, milky (kinda creamy but more milky this time), some pleasing bitterness that went into the undernotes, near end of session quite some spiciness that would hit your throat slightly which was nice, some nice, clean "greenery" tones with a slight bitterness coming back from the undertones, and some florals, and some florals mixed with semi - sweet red fruits.

Not sure what colour I got. No colour popped into my head that I noticed. If anything it would definitely be green and red/purple.

1723817782248.png
 
mesOUD Pursat

Plenty of resin note today, I noticed that resin notes from other regions of a particular species have similarities.
That's why I am becoming increasingly suspicious when told claims such as "Even within Hainan [talking specially about Sinensis], there are different profiles"... Especially when you consider the fact that some sources label their woods based on scent profile even though the wood itself could be from a different region/species altogether! Re: newly discovered Phili wood being sold as Viet, Brunei, etc.
 
That's why I am becoming increasingly suspicious when told claims such as "Even within Hainan [talking specially about Sinensis], there are different profiles"... Especially when you consider the fact that some sources label their woods based on scent profile even though the wood itself could be from a different region/species altogether! Re: newly discovered Phili wood being sold as Viet, Brunei, etc.
Can you give me examples of this? A bit out of touch I guess...
 
That's why I am becoming increasingly suspicious when told claims such as "Even within Hainan [talking specially about Sinensis], there are different profiles"... Especially when you consider the fact that some sources label their woods based on scent profile even though the wood itself could be from a different region/species altogether! Re: newly discovered Phili wood being sold as Viet, Brunei, etc.
There is actually different profiles within same species was it hainan "which is only Sinensis there it have another name {Grandi Flora}" or Crassa in cambodia.
As for Pinoy woods while we have here many label the profiles Cambodian/srilankan there is no Crassna or Gyrinops walla there, its just people trying to make the idea of profile closer to people etc.
 
was it hainan "which is only Sinensis there it have another name {Grandi Flora}" or Crassa in cambodia.
I didn't understand this part bro.
As for Pinoy woods while we have here many label the profiles Cambodian/srilankan there is no Crassna or Gyrinops walla there, its just people trying to make the idea of profile closer to people etc.
I understand that part. But haven't people sold Phili wood as actual Vietnamese or Brunei agarwood to make more profit?
Can you give me examples of this?
Example of which part to be more specific?
 
I didn't understand this part bro.
What i'm saying In Hainan there is only one species which is called "Sinensis/Grandiflora" yet there is differ in the profile.
You will notice the Sinensis core most of time but there is rare cases its hard to detect, same thing for Crassna in Cambodia...there is some profiles you can't detect the Crassna core within it yet its Crassna.
I understand that part. But haven't people sold Phili wood as actual Vietnamese or Brunei agarwood to make more profit?
Yea that's true and not only those regions it depends on region, i have seen locally people selling Phili wood as old indian, cambodian, burmese, laos, srilanakan as they are here they have high demand.
And that isn't true to Phili wood only, if you deal with chinese you will hear from many of them that Viet hunters sell Laos wood as Vietnamese or Cambodian depends on the buyer..."As you know Vietnamese isn't popular in gulf"
I have also seen some Viet Khanoh Hoa wood sold as hainan in gulf Lol.
 
For anyone who cares, a Taiwanese guy had told me that Chinese nowadays are selling the wood from Laos and Thailand border as Hainanese wood. He is not just your average reseller but actually visits different countries and knows the markets quite well.

Another Chinese person had informed me that their shop labels woods based on aroma as the wood reaches them after having been through many hands/traders...
 
Sulaym CK I've followed @Mr.P trick of heating a chunk on the resin burner and it's amazing! Man this thing was pumping out the vapour! Filled the whole room with vanilla, menthol goodness. I've had this thing sitting there for nearly a year without using it. For some reason the idea hadn't occurred to me.
 
For anyone who cares, a Taiwanese guy had told me that Chinese nowadays are selling the wood from Laos and Thailand border as Hainanese wood. He is not just your average reseller but actually visits different countries and knows the markets quite well.

Another Chinese person had informed me that their shop labels woods based on aroma as the wood reaches them after having been through many hands/traders...
It's funny how that Taiwanese guy say that, because them Taiwanese, HK, Singapore etc all does same, now all push blame to Chinese what a joke 🤣, i mean ones who sell tons of west malaysia wood as pursat grade should be last to talk.
As for labeling wood based on aroma most of them does it, i even saw some label oud as "Nha trang" if it meat certain criteria even if it's not from there.
There is lots controversy in the markets, like kinam colors, origins, profiles etc.
Every market have goods and bad but...
عقدة المعاصرة ما تنتهي
 
Sulaym CK I've followed @Mr.P trick of heating a chunk on the resin burner and it's amazing! Man this thing was pumping out the vapour! Filled the whole room with vanilla, menthol goodness. I've had this thing sitting there for nearly a year without using it. For some reason the idea hadn't occurred to me.
Isn't that a great burner for a quick fumigation? I was surprised how rich the CK is when heated this way. Glad to hear you had the same experience. I would like to find a tea light sized refillable oil candle so i don't have to keep buying tea lights.
 
Isn't that a great burner for a quick fumigation? I was surprised how rich the CK is when heated this way. Glad to hear you had the same experience. I would like to find a tea light sized refillable oil candle so i don't have to keep buying tea lights.
Absolutely it is! I haven't even needed to drop down the dish at all as it's performing very well right at the top. Beautiful scent. Have you tried anything other than CK in the burner? I'm curious as to whether other maybe not so oil rich woods would also work in this little thing. I don't have/purchase a lot of agarwood as I'm not particularly proficient with charcoal for woods that aren't really meant for koh doh.
 
Back
Top