Just placed some Malaccan slivers on the Subitism heater. Starts off green and oceanic with cinnamon, anise, etc. Now getting more balsamic and incensy with time with a lovely sweet castoreum like vanillic waft in the background. I know this smell profile and I adore it!
I can picture that… It smells good in my brain
 
Sinking Silani - Kymya.

True sinking grade Walla Patta. The pieces of wood are so highly resinated, they appear almost fully black.
Although they are attractive to look at, they smell even better which is the true test!

Off the top, a bright blue-green oceanic-petrichor mineral aroma, so vibrant & joyful. Sri Lankan Oud possesses no mysterious austerity like Malaysian woods for example, it’s innocently beautiful, the most pretty Oud profile in my opinion.
The oceanic top notes transition into a white floral, nutty, ambergrisy mid. Slightly green & sunny. Slowly a rounded, honeyed, tropical sweetness begins to emerge, before it resolves into a highly resinous Oudy vanillic-tonka-suede aroma. Perfection!

This is only the second batch of Walla Patta I’ve collected, but I might as well just stop here, as I can’t imagine it gets any better than this! Expensive wood, yet I’d rather buy small amounts 5-10g of high grade examples rather than larger batches of medium grade stuff. I only heat small pieces, at very low temps, fumigation is not something I’m interested in right now.
Do you have a link to that shop mate? I've Googled that name as I've not come across it before and found one website but there is no wood listed?
 
First of my Aroma Sublime samples. Koh Kong High Mountain. Perfume notes initially. Vanillic, soft, light cinnamon. This is low temp stuff.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Do you have a link to that shop mate? I've Googled that name as I've not come across it before and found one website but there is no wood listed?
I believe you're looking for this website, https://aloes-oud.com/ this is where Hamza moved his woods. Prior to this his store was called The Attar Store but after starting his brand, for a brief period he moved oils and wood under KYMYA until the launch of his perfumes.

Double checking, is this the place to purchase wood from yourself @Hamza H ?
 
I believe you're looking for this website, https://aloes-oud.com/ this is where Hamza moved his woods. Prior to this his store was called The Attar Store but after starting his brand, for a brief period he moved oils and wood under KYMYA until the launch of his perfumes.

Double checking, is this the place to purchase wood from yourself @Hamza H ?
Yes my friends, hoping to expand this in 2025, with a predominantly GCC focus.

Site is not reflective of full options available, best to get in contact with me on the instagram.
 
I believe you're looking for this website, https://aloes-oud.com/ this is where Hamza moved his woods. Prior to this his store was called The Attar Store but after starting his brand, for a brief period he moved oils and wood under KYMYA until the launch of his perfumes.

Double checking, is this the place to purchase wood from yourself @Hamza H ?
Sweet, thanks mate.
 
I have been neglecting my woods somewhat so I felt it was time to dive in again.

Some dust from a Vietnamese Fusen Redsoil piece.

Active from 60 degrees Onwards. Florals, cherries... there's a distinct watermelon note with sweet and bitter undertones. Very beautiful and rich scent that puts me in a nice head space.
 
KZ Brunei Microcarpa

Nice and fragrant❤️

……a little later,
I just checked Kangiiten,
The Brunei K and Brunei Microcarpa are once again available, along with Malaysian powder too.
Why do you think he's selling these as separate items even though in the write up for the Microcarpa KZ says this wood is marketed as Brunei K? Have you noticed any difference between the two?
 
Hong Kong Qi Nan
whether it is Ky Nam, Kyara or Agarwood, I'd say with confidence that this wood is better & complex than some of the kyara grade offered from famous Japanase incense houses.
uplifting, mind buzz, honey, floral, nutty, strawberry, giving me gorgeous white to yellow color aura. super loud from 60 C and show itself at 110-130 C, I'm speechless!
 
Wild Kyara named Fuji Smoke from brother kosmas.

I am at the end stages of these shavings, they have lasted me a couple of weeks, with a few good sessions of around 10/15-30mins at a time, and still has a good few sessions left in it as I am only at 160c, but the next session is demanding an increase to 180c, but I usually push to 200-220c before stopping, so at the tail end but still lots of life left.

10-15 min session today (probably around 12 but I didnt time other than the kinam heater timer).

Opened up with a beautiful soft, sweet, creamy vanilla aroma, then some powdery jasmine, indolic-like floral notes, some cinnamon spiciness, then a bit of hot spiciness, a pleasurable undertone of some bitter, elegant aloeswood notes, exotic fruits, citrus fruits and a note that I haven't picked up on this wood before... a bit of a frankincense note (which was so beautiful. Maybe I never noticed it before because I haven't smelled frankincense in so long until I got some black Hojari B. sacra 50g and an scent profile subtype of Boswellia. neglecta called "Honey Frankincense", recently) some subtle sourness, and sour fruits, with a honeyed floral note too. Earthy/Chocolatey type notes, and subtle, elegant forest greenery.

Lovely 10-15min session at 160c.
 
Last edited:
Hong Kong Qi Nan
whether it is Ky Nam, Kyara or Agarwood, I'd say with confidence that this wood is better & complex than some of the kyara grade offered from famous Japanase incense houses.
uplifting, mind buzz, honey, floral, nutty, strawberry, giving me gorgeous white to yellow color aura. super loud from 60 C and show itself at 110-130 C, I'm speechless!
After a long session yesterday, I kept the shaving on the heater, today I came cross the heater so I couldn't help my self from heating it a bit. at 130 C this thing is beauty.
 
Different batches I suppose.
Brunei K was sort of a mixed lot, but overall, the two are very similar.
In that case then I won't get the Microcarpa...although I probably will. Lol. Wouldn't mind get the Wild Philippines powder as well. I already have the chips (which I might try today actually) but powder on my ceramic is always really nice as well.
This morning I'm heating a small piece of KZ - Dark Body Round Leaf. Out of these Shin-Kyara CK from KZ this one and the purple are my favourite. These were some of my first purchases from Kangiiten as they are very affordable and a nice introduction into this type of wood. Probably still some of the best CK getting around. As Kangiiten continues to release stellar agarwood, I doubt I will continue to buy his "Shin-Kyara" as the agarwoods are just so much better but these are very nice and I'm grateful for the learning experience. I spotted a 3g bottle of Red "Shin-Kyara" CK on the website a little while ago. Pretty much the very last listing. Very cheap as well. Like really cheap. I do wish there was more information about these.
 
Back
Top