Second session of the day with Kangiiten - Dark Body Round Leaf. I need to add this extra because WOW! This little piece honestly smells so good! This morning I was gradually bringing up the temp and while smelling ok, it wasn't mind blowing or anything. Now I cranked it straight to 180 and it's pumping out vapour. Man, I could sit and smell this all day. Aside from the sweet vanilla notes i'm getting bursts of red cherry alongside cola. Really beautiful. I've had these for a while now. does CK age? Is that a thing?
 
Heating a CK sample from ASO this stuff is amazing total Mind Buzz that won't stop.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    1000001865.webp
    127.3 KB · Views: 52
Some southern Malaysian powder - a by-product when I chopped off large pieces. With lessar green intensity (at the start), the incense, balsamic and musk facets in the heart and the trail are deeper and more nuanced. Occassionally some of the balsamic and musky notes combo comes across like an accord of various berries.
 
Sinking Sumatora Hirta - Kangiiten.

This is some of the most musky / animalic wood I’ve heated, quite an unusual profile but very very nice! A realistic honey-beeswax-maple syrup-immortelle top note, warm spices, mineral-earthy, ripe fruits, indolic tropical flowers + a starchy powdery Iris note. The bottom note is dense & enveloping - Musk (lots of it), Vanilla, a rich dark resinous Oudiness synonymous with sinking wood.

These are my initial impressions, I purchased the wood several months ago but have just got around to heating it. A very complex aroma profile, I need time to get my head around this wood. It smells wonderful tho!
 
Warmed some woods I got from Broadlink, assuming Hainan cultivated but not sure. Got a real minty note, surprisingly nice.
When I sent an enquiry through to them a while ago they answered with some photo's of their wood sampler. It is extensive to say the least. A massive amount of woods to go through. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget but what they have on offer looks good and would last you for a good while!
 
Back
Top