Kangiiten - Pursat Cambodia wood powder. Excellent scent at room temp out of the bottle. Very nice starting well under 100 degrees. Sweet and instantly recognisable. Smells exactly like an oud oil.
Edit...now up to 120 degrees. I'm almost getting Hindi vibes from this. It's actually got some lovely sweet notes I don't believe I have smelled before so it's difficult to describe.
 
Last edited:
Today I burned a piece of cultivated Kinam by Al Shareef Oudh.

Lovely bright cool smoke.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
An Najwa- Sultan Grade Hojari.
Amazing!
Received this as a sample with my last order. I have to admit I haven’t always been able to distinguish between grades of frankincense so was happy to receive it but not super excited. That is until I put it on my electric incense heater. Wow! It’s like a whole new world of frank appreciation for me. Raw it has such a subtle refined almost ambery powder smell that I thought surely can’t translate once heated. I put it on and was going about my day when I started catching hints of sandalwood and thought it was the swipe I had applied before bed coming back, but no. It’s that resin. up close it has an orange powdery citrus smell but in the room it’s all kinds of fresh and reminds of what synthetic “clean“ scents are trying to capture. It’s so ultra-refined it’s like a completely different scent material than what I’m used to.
 
An Najwa- Sultan Grade Hojari.
Amazing!
Received this as a sample with my last order. I have to admit I haven’t always been able to distinguish between grades of frankincense so was happy to receive it but not super excited. That is until I put it on my electric incense heater. Wow! It’s like a whole new world of frank appreciation for me. Raw it has such a subtle refined almost ambery powder smell that I thought surely can’t translate once heated. I put it on and was going about my day when I started catching hints of sandalwood and thought it was the swipe I had applied before bed coming back, but no. It’s that resin. up close it has an orange powdery citrus smell but in the room it’s all kinds of fresh and reminds of what synthetic “clean“ scents are trying to capture. It’s so ultra-refined it’s like a completely different scent material than what I’m used to.
That sounds wonderful. I've been trying to find the perfect frankincense oil or extract but I found nothing beats the resin or tincture of the resin
 
4th session of Kangiiten - Pursat powder. I'm absolutely stunned at just how much scent this one tiny spoonfull of powder is putting out.This is the stuff that agarwood dreams are made of. It has a massive range of notes while the temp climbs and now I'm getting a full nose of mentholic,sweet and sour,fruity and spicy all at once. I hope someone else here managed to score some? The scent stays in my nose for a good 20mins after I turn off my heater.
 
Last edited:
4th session of Kangiiten - Pursat powder. I'm absolutely stunned at just how much scent this one tiny spoonfull of powder is putting out.This is the stuff that agarwood dreams are made of. It has a massive range of notes while the temp climbs and now I'm getting a full nose of mentholic,sweet and sour,fruity and spicy all at once. I hope someone else here managed to score some? The scent stays in my nose for a good 20mins after I turn off my heater.
Great to hear. I wonder sometimes if powders might not present really exceptional values because on some level they are superficially less desirable (kind of the way that finally divided tea leaves like you find in sachets are assumed to be low quality) and so some really good materials might get passed up just by virtue of the fact that they are in powdered form. In the past I have tended not to give powders a second glance except for at a time when I was trying to make stick incense - there were probably some really excellent values if I had looked closer
 
I think I remember seeing this Pursat powder for sale, the first time I navigated to the second page, on one of the drop days, and when I navigated back it was gone. It was definitely special, I'm glad to hear it's living up to expectations!

I was quite obsessed with larger pieces for a while but the space efficiency of powders is unmatched. One of those tiny Kangiiten bottles can hold a tola of powder, and with the box, be stacked up easily. This makes it great for shoving in the back of a cupboard or drawer, whereas with pieces I'm worried about them breaking and the additional labelling. They're great for heating up on a ceramic heater, you need the tiniest of pinches, spread out on a plate to really enjoy them, and I've also found they end up going for ages. With pieces I'll use a carving knife to essentially chip away dust, so really I should be storing powder instead of chips, but I'm way too lazy to grind everything. Visually though, pieces look a lot nicer, especially with the resination patterns, which I think, helps them preserve their value.
 
I think I remember seeing this Pursat powder for sale, the first time I navigated to the second page, on one of the drop days, and when I navigated back it was gone. It was definitely special, I'm glad to hear it's living up to expectations!

I was quite obsessed with larger pieces for a while but the space efficiency of powders is unmatched. One of those tiny Kangiiten bottles can hold a tola of powder, and with the box, be stacked up easily. This makes it great for shoving in the back of a cupboard or drawer, whereas with pieces I'm worried about them breaking and the additional labelling. They're great for heating up on a ceramic heater, you need the tiniest of pinches, spread out on a plate to really enjoy them, and I've also found they end up going for ages. With pieces I'll use a carving knife to essentially chip away dust, so really I should be storing powder instead of chips, but I'm way too lazy to grind everything. Visually though, pieces look a lot nicer, especially with the resination patterns, which I think, helps them preserve their value.
It's true that pieces of woods certainly look great and I won't stop purchasing them but due to their very nature one is rarely the same as the other, even from the same bottle. This is never the case with powder. If it's of a good quality you're always going to get what you're looking for from it. For example, I have here a bottle of his wild Philippines chips but they have been a bit annoying trying to coax anything from them. He also has the same wood as a powder so I think I'll definitely get a bottle of that asap. A little really goes a long way.
 
Kangiiten - West Malaysian chips. Looks to be bead scrap so it's quite hard and dense wood. Shaved some small bits of to try on my ceramic. Started a bit higher with the heat this time. They have a mildly sweet pencil shavings note so far. Will push them a bit further later and then I'll put the chip on the sub.
 
Back
Top