Kangiiten - Wild Philippines powder. Ended up getting a 5g bottle of the powder. Agarwood chips from kangiiten I have decided do better on my sub and to use that I need to dedicate an hour of my time hovering around where I have my sub placed. Because of the layout of my apartment unfortunately I can't just throw on a chip and fill the room. It doesn't work like that for me. So, i'm finding these powders much easier to work with because I can use them in my little portable ceramic heater. Anyway yeah, this Phili powder is opening much the same as the Jayapura I last used. The only difference being so far is this one is opening up nicely at a much lower temp. Like significantly lower. Nice spicy notes with very slight hints of berries underneath. This is going to be good I believe. These powders really are excellent value for money. 5g's lasts a hell of a long time.
 
Sinking ants nest Terangganu!! The stars are out tonight and I remembered I was waiting on something special. Fumbled with my keys and flashlight and found my YUSA order in postbox. What a pleasure, a box full of amazing treasures. Tried this delightful wood and knew immediately without study that I had to have more. Looking forward to spending time with it. A complete immersion and sound bath.
 
Sinking ants nest Terangganu!! The stars are out tonight and I remembered I was waiting on something special. Fumbled with my keys and flashlight and found my YUSA order in postbox. What a pleasure, a box full of amazing treasures. Tried this delightful wood and knew immediately without study that I had to have more. Looking forward to spending time with it. A complete immersion and sound bath.
I really want some of this.
 
Hainan Kyara/Qinan "Moss ditch"
Gentle, elegant, honey sweet, lotus, plum, herbal, cold with penetrating power
This probably one of like 2-3 pieces i got from japan i could see it as hainan.
Outstanding fragrance.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
Some small scrapings from this lovely piece of Maluku from MesOUD.

Starts to sing from 60 degrees on. Beautiful purple and white florals...with pastel like textures. Picking a bit of woody musk also.

Smelling this wood reminds me how much of a master of his craft and an alchemist brother @mesOUD is because I can smell this in Anas.

Feelings of happiness and peace. Amazing ❤️
 
View attachment 44336Some small scrapings from this lovely piece of Maluku from MesOUD.

Starts to sing from 60 degrees on. Beautiful purple and white florals...with pastel like textures. Picking a bit of woody musk also.

Smelling this wood reminds me how much of a master of his craft and an alchemist brother @mesOUD is because I can smell this in Anas.

Feelings of happiness and peace. Amazing ❤️
This is amazing wood, I’m glad you picked some up! Do you detect the iris/violet irone note in the very top note? To me it’s obvious, earthy-starchy-powdery-waxy. Definitely purple floral, as you mentioned. As it develops a beautiful pitch black, royal Gyrinops resin note reveals itself along with a touch of Musk. Sublime!
 
burnt some austrocaledonicum. extremely woody, with more cream than spice. im extremely curious as to how the oil will turn out! hopefully this coming weekend i will be able to fire it up
Looks like a good consistency for distillation in terms of the grind, based on what I have read.
 
This is amazing wood, I’m glad you picked some up! Do you detect the iris/violet irone note in the very top note? To me it’s obvious, earthy-starchy-powdery-waxy. Definitely purple floral, as you mentioned. As it develops a beautiful pitch black, royal Gyrinops resin note reveals itself along with a touch of Musk. Sublime!
Yes it's a lovely wood and I am happy to get some with a recent order.

I am having another session today and that iris note is definitely there at the top. Burning this wood has allowed me to appreciate Anas even more 💜
 
Wild Philippines powder - Kangiiten. Still going on the same session. Very early on this powder was noticeable at a low temp. Weirdly though, from a temp range of about 80 degrees Celsius through to 140 degrees there was zero..no scent at all. Had me really scratching my head. Pushed further now up to 170 degrees it's at full force. Visable vapor and very strong almost sharp cherry menthol. This powder has a lot of love to give.
 
Hainan Baotou from Kangiiten.

Have had this for a while but I finally got around to cleaning and burning some of it.

I get some initial sour bittersweet notes. As the heat rises, some nice florals come in with more sweetness and some menthol. Overall it's a was an enjoyable burn if not mind blowing.
 
Back
Top