I am finally trying the Brunei K which I read about on Ouddict. Remembering nothing of what was said about it. It's not like any Brunei in my collection. Nor any CK, which I imagine is what the "K" stands for.

First sample on subitism I didn't really get anything, maybe a faintly chemical scent.

I wondered if my nose had confused it with an earlier burn of Tarakan I got from Ken, Yi-Xin Craft. Which immediately reminded me of COMET. If you don't know it, it's a blue cleanser, that I assume has bleach in it, but most notable besides a slight chemical or mineral scent, is the perfume of patchouli. Which is why I choose it over Ajax. I oddly like it very much. The Tarakan I rate well in my collection of Tarakans, incense, wood, a little nutty, and comet. But sadly missing from this piece is tenacity or hang time.

The Brunei K from Kangiiten, surprised me on the warmer. When I left the study and returned I found myself confronted with OUD. I don't think I've ever beheld a wood that actually smelled like oud.

I tried reviewing what others wrote about it but am struggling with the search. It said zero results.
IMG_8845.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Bayakudan Mysore square cut chip - Shoyeido. I've had these for a while and rarely heat them but they sure are nice. Could do with some more really. Lovely and creamy. Smell old and regal.
Beautiful wood. Probably the best example of Mysore in my collection. It has plenty of the signature lactonic buttery aroma, however the powdery white floral notes are what separate it from other Mysore woods I’ve smelled. Truly high grade stuff. Did you get yours from Grandawood mate?
 
MESOUD Nha Trang bead powder. KILLER immersive agarwood incense. I think this is what YUSA is selling now. I completely pigged out on it a last year and got as much as I could. Mesoud kindly placed in a perfect huge sized glass bottle. It just blooms and I'm in awe everytime I warm it. No special coaxing needed. I haven't found any powders that deliver like this one. The Malaysasian Tigerwood from Kangiiten is a great value, but blushes in comparison, tobacco without the fruit and incense of the Nha Trang powder, which are my preference.
 
Last edited:
Kangiitan Shin Kyara shavings on the Kangiitan portable heater. A really easy to use and convenient heater, perfect for kinam and sandalwood shavings.
This was my first portable heater. Haven't used it in a little while but I keep it as my traveling heater now due to it's size and portability. Yeah, those Shin Kyara shavings that come with it are perfect for it. Lovely warm vanilla scent.
 
Back
Top