Today's session:

- "Plover" Kyara
starts spicy at 70-90 C with mainly clove note, it changed dramatically at 140 C to honey milk and vanilla.

- "Plum Grove" Kyara
haven't done this one for a while now. fruity buttery and elegant.

- Toc Bong
beautiful sweet floral milk with honey, a bit woody. mind soothing and happy mood.
 
Continiung with Nha Trang from the other day.

I feel in a contemplative mood and this is perfect.

Bittersweet, sweet and cooling/mentholic. It feels like it pierces my brain and puts me at ease. I also pick a hint of (berries - could be from an oil I applied many hours ago) and watermelon. Pushing it up to 100 degrees and it becomes sweeter with lovely florals. I can't shake the imagery of sweet condensed milk also.

So lovely and beautiful. I feel grateful and appreciative of the simple things that go beyond monetary value.
 
Kangiiten - Premium Fiji sandalwood. The contents of this bottle was made from bead spinning scrap. It took considerable time to grind this into a burnable powder but man was it worth the effort. Enough oil in it to burn unaided as a trail, this is an incredibly rich and full sandalwood. Very satisfying burn.
 
Kangiiten - Philippine's powder. Quite amazing how just like cinnamon this wood smells when it first opens on a low heat. There's another I have that does the same but can't recall which. Gives a nose tickle.
Sintang - mesOud has the most vivid cinnamon top note I’ve experienced in any wood. It’s remarkable how realistic it is! Have you tried that one mate?
 
Sintang - mesOud has the most vivid cinnamon top note I’ve experienced in any wood. It’s remarkable how realistic it is! Have you tried that one mate?
It's interesting how the cinnamon note kind of overlaps with some oud aromas. I have this block of old wood that has a fair amount of cinnamon to it. I find that cinnamon powder often has a bit of a fecal / animalic aspect to it - a thing I'm not sure if other people notice or not. Not sure "fecal" is right but something in the animal- salivary - honey arena anyway. Not all cinnamon (cassia?) smells this way.
 
It's interesting how the cinnamon note kind of overlaps with some oud aromas. I have this block of old wood that has a fair amount of cinnamon to it. I find that cinnamon powder often has a bit of a fecal / animalic aspect to it - a thing I'm not sure if other people notice or not. Not sure "fecal" is right but something in the animal- salivary - honey arena anyway. Not all cinnamon (cassia?) smells this way.
Mr P, I am thrilled to hear you mention how you perceive an animalic aspect within the cinnamon profile, I thought it was just me! It’s not fecal, more the other end. Honestly, I believed it was just my own dirty thoughts thinking this of cinnamon haha!
 
Mr P, I am thrilled to hear you mention how you perceive an animalic aspect within the cinnamon profile, I thought it was just me! It’s not fecal, more the other end. Honestly, I believed it was just my own dirty thoughts thinking this of cinnamon haha!

It IS always a relief to confirm something like this. I agree that fecal is not right - that word is my placeholder for "awkward animal scent of some kind or a another" lol
 
Frankincense and Myrrh

Cleansing my home.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Back
Top