Wild Philippine powder - Kangiiten. Same sess. Kinda spicy this morning. Little bit nose numbing. Now, this is the weird bit that I have never smelled from one of these powders before.I'm actually getting hints..I'll say hints because that's what it is, of CK. I won't say kinamic but it's certainly making me think of it. That kind of sweet milky vanilla. Almost like a chai massala.
 
My subitism burner from @Aroma Sublime arrived on Tuesday, much sooner than I anticipated! Since then I've been roasting a smallish chip of CK from @SULAYM I purchased a while back, a fingernail piece of Sokkat AlTeeb's Gold Cambodi Skins and a 10 mm piece of Dr. Incense's Sinking Jayapura. So far gotten about 6 hours of low temp heating from them, voltage dialed to 12.6.

Today swapped out the mica with the woods for one with some Kua Myrrh from @Al Hashimi , honestly this is one of my favorite aromatics of all time. If oud runs out in my life time, I'll be completely content with a nice stash of this Myrrh. However it's a nightmare on charcoal, it'll burn even when it's on a crumbly pile of gray ash. It smells great for a couple of seconds, but immediately starts to burn and the odor is quite unpleasant. With the Subitism though I'm able to enjoy it for hours, and without any of the offensive notes. Quite the invention for Myrrh perhaps in general, I have another variety yet to try, for Frank I'll stick to the ultra low charcoal heating since its a liquifying resin and not a "will burn to a crisp" like the myrrh I have is.
 
My subitism burner from @Aroma Sublime arrived on Tuesday, much sooner than I anticipated! Since then I've been roasting a smallish chip of CK from @SULAYM I purchased a while back, a fingernail piece of Sokkat AlTeeb's Gold Cambodi Skins and a 10 mm piece of Dr. Incense's Sinking Jayapura. So far gotten about 6 hours of low temp heating from them, voltage dialed to 12.6.

Today swapped out the mica with the woods for one with some Kua Myrrh from @Al Hashimi , honestly this is one of my favorite aromatics of all time. If oud runs out in my life time, I'll be completely content with a nice stash of this Myrrh. However it's a nightmare on charcoal, it'll burn even when it's on a crumbly pile of gray ash. It smells great for a couple of seconds, but immediately starts to burn and the odor is quite unpleasant. With the Subitism though I'm able to enjoy it for hours, and without any of the offensive notes. Quite the invention for Myrrh perhaps in general, I have another variety yet to try, for Frank I'll stick to the ultra low charcoal heating since its a liquifying resin and not a "will burn to a crisp" like the myrrh I have is.
Nice!! You've inspired me to try some myrrh on my sub as well. What's a good voltage for it?
 
Nice!! You've inspired me to try some myrrh on my sub as well. What's a good voltage for it?
12.6 V or somewhere in the 4th bar on the dial range. This stuff is crazy though, it smells like the scent a noble woman from Ancient Egypt or another ancient empire would have worn. This superposition of musky peach, with an undertone of leather 🤤
 
Last edited:
An amazing Facr time
A cup of coffee
And some NTT sandalwood with a piece of NZ Ambergris
Amazing combination
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Han tinh chips on coal. Sweet and slightly creamy. Fruity top notes that are somewhat orange/peach and a hint of a camphorous vapor. A nice musky base that sticks around with something herbal I can’t place. Almost floral/lavender but not quite, it has a bit of a vegetal edge almost like a seaweed snack. Overall a nice wood.

I’ve had a lot on my mind recently struggling with a big life decision. Nothing quite like burning oud with a cup of tea to quiet the mind. Thankful I found oud and this community.
 
12.6 V or somewhere in the 4th bar on the dial range. This stuff is crazy though, it smells like the scent a noble woman from Ancient Egypt or another ancient empire would have worn. This superposition of musky peach, with an undertone of leather 🤤
I love @Taesik Yun's Socotora Myrrh sticks!!! I can't remember what other, more traditional myrrh smells like as I've only had samples, but these Socotora Myrrh sticks are beyond beautiful.
 
Han tinh chips on coal. Sweet and slightly creamy. Fruity top notes that are somewhat orange/peach and a hint of a camphorous vapor. A nice musky base that sticks around with something herbal I can’t place. Almost floral/lavender but not quite, it has a bit of a vegetal edge almost like a seaweed snack. Overall a nice wood.

I’ve had a lot on my mind recently struggling with a big life decision. Nothing quite like burning oud with a cup of tea to quiet the mind. Thankful I found oud and this community.
Good luck with your heavy decisions there, it is good to have a routine to clear the mind!
 
Back
Top