After Gym for the Evening some Malaysian Wood from Yusa on Yamadamatsu Heater 😁
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2029.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 72
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2025.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 79
Someday archaeologists using sophisticated chemical forensic analysis will discover a strong chemical signature of the combustion products of extinct tropical tree species in the residues deposited on the surfaces of wherever it is that oudamberlove is living (which I believe is well outside of the range of crassna). They will be mystified
Not to mention the chemical signature of extinct animals as well. (Sperm Whales, Hyraxes, Beavers, Musk Deers, and Civets)
 
ground up a bunch of 4a sheets and king super char together. this powder is tough to burn cause of how resinous it is, but once you torch it, it burns right and smells great! im amazed at how quickly the grain mill powdered this down. just a few seconds would be all you'd need to get it to distilling consistency. this was a full minute in the blender.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    20250319_074046.webp
    179.8 KB · Views: 67
aaaand this is a favorite... just opening the jar to smell this jelatinous goodness is great. cultivated sinking green from Mauna!
Cultivated kinam can be wonderful! I'm so happy this stuff is available...
 
Revisiting the Nishi Honganji batch. It has a distinct, bitter, indonesian profile. And carries with it that surreal depth, the kind that saturates the air and pierces to the back of the head. Also got some lovely powdery top notes on lower heat.
I'll be doing a couple sessions of this today, and take some new pictures for you all.
Realizing now that I have far more of this than I can use. I'd be interested to send out some free samples and/or sell the surplus if anyone's interested
 
I'll be doing a couple sessions of this today, and take some new pictures for you all.
Realizing now that I have far more of this than I can use. I'd be interested to send out some free samples and/or sell the surplus if anyone's interested
Absolutely! Was this wood obtained from the temple? First I've heard of it. Always down to try something new.
 
Absolutely! Was this wood obtained from the temple? First I've heard of it. Always down to try something new.
They have a long history with incense and some insane stuff locked away. From what I understood, this is more for practical use and ceremony.
Even so, it's well processed and cleaned, and seems aged at least a little. Some pieces are a more natural cut than others, this piece is next up for me..
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
They have a long history with incense and some insane stuff locked away. From what I understood, this is more for practical use and ceremony.
Even so, it's well processed and cleaned, and seems aged at least a little. Some pieces are a more natural cut than others, this piece is next up for me..
View attachment 45061
Lovely. So you actually bought it from the temple during a visit? Nice to know this wood has some spiritual significance behind it.
 
1000006545.jpg
This piece is very resinous on the one side, and taking shavings works well.
It's quite dry, and prefers a lower heat. But even without the water weight, it puts out a lot of vapor at 90 - 150c. And even some nice golden bubbles.
At 180c it started showing some toasted notes and the profile gets a little confused and overwhelmed. By 220c it's not to my taste anymore, though it's very potent.

Here's some 60X photos of the chip.

The resinated side
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


The less resinated
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


And the side profile
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
View attachment 45062This piece is very resinous on the one side, and taking shavings works well.
It's quite dry, and prefers a lower heat. But even without the water weight, it puts out a lot of vapor at 90 - 150c. And even some nice golden bubbles.
At 180c it started showing some toasted notes and the profile gets a little confused and overwhelmed. By 220c it's not to my taste anymore, though it's very potent.

Here's some 60X photos of the chip.

The resinated side
View attachment 45063

The less resinated
View attachment 45064

And the side profile
View attachment 45065
what do you take those macro shots with? friggin gorgeous views man
 
Back
Top