West Borneo Sinking

Opens vanillic,
then florals and custard apple
with a vibrational bitterness
joined by perfume and resin
and at the base a floral resin.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
This is Baieido granulated sandalwood i bought back in 2005 or thereabouts. I have kept it in this mini mason jar - as far as I can tell it has retained all of its charm in spite of 20 years of time passing. A little pinch of this on the subitism is so wonderful… so many different facets to appreciate depending on the burn temperature and the distance you are smelling it from. There's really nothing like the experience of heating good sandalwood at the proper temperature - so profoundly calming and grounding for me.

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
That's some serious wood. How is the scent quality overall? Do you think it's worth the price? Quite a premium but I've been hearing good things
YES my opinion is that most of the stuff he is selling could be turned over and sold for 2-3 times more. The Hirta is a gem, it is sold out. Faiz said in the next couple of months he will get more. The Borneo Soil is amazing and rare especially $. I've ordered the Borneo Soil 3 times because I am slow to trust. I thought it would be shit. Too good to be true. The ouds are impressive as well totally blows anything I've gotten from fushigi out of the water. The chips I posted about above, have a similar profile to a wood 6X's more expensive but have more soil notes. He sent me one wood I didn't care for but immediately remedied. Replaced, sent extra samples, extra weight of everything to make up.

IE Faiz has a mixed bag of grades. I haven't tried the AAA Vintage Borneo Sabah. My sense is that he's new to selling, honest, and trying to figure it out. I recommend interacting with him. He even offered a discount, but I actually wouldn't take based on the quality of what I had gotten. Just as much as I hate being ripped off, I'm not comfortable taking advantage.

PS I've been looking for affordable decent soil woods for years. 3 years ago I tried a source from Malaysia who is supposedly a scholar. It was horrible mute expensive, barely audible. I paid to return it.
 
Last edited:
YES my opinion is that most of the stuff he is selling could be turned over and sold for 2-3 times more. The Hirta is a gem, it is sold out. Faiz said in the next couple of months he will get more. The Borneo Soil is amazing and rare especially $. I've ordered the Borneo Soil 3 times because I am slow to trust. I thought it would be shit. Too good to be true. The ouds are impressive as well totally blows anything I've gotten from fushigi out of the water. The chips I posted about above, have a similar profile to a wood 6X's more expensive but have more soil notes. He sent me one wood I didn't care for but immediately remedied. Replaced, sent extra samples, extra weight of everything to make up.

IE Faiz has a mixed bag of grades. I haven't tried the AAA Vintage Borneo Sabah. My sense is that he's new to selling, honest, and trying to figure it out. I recommend interacting with him. He even offered a discount, but I actually wouldn't take based on the quality of what I had gotten. Just as much as I hate being ripped off, I'm not comfortable taking advantage.

PS I've been looking for affordable decent soil woods for years. 3 years ago I tried a source from Malaysia who is supposedly a scholar. It was horrible mute expensive, barely audible. I paid to return it.
Thanks for the detailed breakdown! Looks really good, and the reviews wouldn't be nearly as positive if it wasn't worth the price.
I'm in my selling-of-excess stage but once I'm in the buy buy buy phase I'll be picking some up.
 
Thanks for the detailed breakdown! Looks really good, and the reviews wouldn't be nearly as positive if it wasn't worth the price.
I'm in my selling-of-excess stage but once I'm in the buy buy buy phase I'll be picking some up.
Was it you the other day that was wanting to sell off some of that wood from the Japanese temple? There were some great close up pics of it.
 
Was it you the other day that was wanting to sell off some of that wood from the Japanese temple? There were some great close up pics of it.
Yes! Actually grabbed some envelopes today for sending out free samples. You can try it soon!
It was also my BOTD, I tried it out on a tealight and got great results. It seems like the response to high heat a got last time may be just the specific slice I took.
 
Borneo Red Soil ~ OudTreasure

I didn't have faith after the KyaraShine Viet soil chips years ago. It felt stupid trying, like Etsy soil Agarwood Roulette again. A new shop, but the listings, educated.

I actually ordered more. Not mute like KyaraShines, but Incense and earth, starts almost floral on the warmer, as it heats up more a rose like pottery. The shipping from Malayasia was 40 usa but Faiz was really generous with an array of samples that easily made up for it. He took pictures before shipping, while not necessary, showed much pride.

The oud samples I didn't study but for me they blew Fushigi out of the water in similar price range.
❤️🔥
I just ordered his last 5 grams of
Borneo Red Soil ~ OudTreasure

He responded right a way asking if I wanted samples.
I look forward to heating and reviewing this one.It wil be my
first oud soil experience.


 
Green Oil - Treasure of Japan - Todai-ji Temple Kyara. Very last stages on heater at 220c.

Soft, vanilla, creamy, milky, rich sweet and very pleasant bitter dark chocolate notes, with a spicy, dark green mintiness, wild and perfume-like bouquet of florals, powdery fresh tones and fresh oceanic musky ambergris with a subtle, enjoyable salty note and some sour fruitiness, with a resinous, elegant woody note.
 
For Eid to fumigate my Thobe I used old Cultivated Vitenamase agarwood for the first round then I used Ensar Oud Sinking Irian oud for the second round, both on a reasonably cold charcoal.
I usually try to fumigate after spraying perfume, and the perfume with this combination was an old batch of YSL La Nuit De L'homme.
On the hands I used generous swipes of Elkhaldi Izz Al-Din, and one the beard I used swipes of SQ Mukhalat Almost identical to Musk Melange from EO.
With every move I get all of these scents playing together in harmony, they complement each in a way I wouldn't think it is possible, hands down the best combination I've ever tried.
 
True Thai Kyara - @language scent

Really interesting wood! Opens with some unique white floral tones reminiscent of Lily of the Valley. It is a very sweet profile and has a spicy and leather backbone as well which reminds me a tiny bit of Cambodi agarwood. On the higher end of the heat spectrum the wood has some nice purple fruity notes.

I usually find agarwood and oud to be quite different however there is some overlap in the notes. This one in particular reminds me a bit of @RisingPhoenix ’s Tiger King oil which also has a similar floral profile up front. I’m always amazed at the wide variety of notes that can come out of agarwood!
i gotta try that tiger king oil!!
 
Back
Top