Myitkyina Ko Burma 2019 from @YusaAromatics

Candylike, clean, maybe slight lactic ferment, glossy... crassna if I had to guess. Just a first swipe here, more thoughts as I get to know it.
 
Coming home from a few weeks abroad to a session of Green Kyara. Soft sweet and delicate at 60 degrees and very loud with more bittersweet , some salty and spiciness at higher temps. I get definite relaxing quality from this wood. Very beautiful ❤️.
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Sarawak (link) from @Al Shareef Oudh ... wow! I'm on low heat and the room has filled with such a sweet aroma - words fail. I really need to learn a whole new vocabulary (perhaps studying a Fragrance Wheel will help) but there is sweet, spicy and wood aromas. I am now experimenting with large collection of other woods and will be able to share more of a contrast, but honored to have this as my first introduction to "real" agarwood.
 
CK from @Al Shareef Oudh - on a low heat, the wood is slowly turning a little bit darker and I have just this lovely sweet aroma teasing me… Coming and going.

Edit; turned up the heat another 10% and now I’m getting a wonderful spice under the sweetness. I can’t describe the smells accurately enough, but these are literally transporting me to another time and place.

Almost like I have a nostalgia for something I didn’t actually experience myself… Hundreds or thousands of years ago. I can’t say more than that. It’s just amazing!
 
Last edited:
CK from @Al Shareef Oudh - on a low heat, the wood is slowly turning a little bit darker and I have just this lovely sweet aroma teasing me… Coming and going.

Edit; turned up the heat another 10% and now I’m getting a wonderful spice under the sweetness. I can’t describe the smells accurately enough, but these are literally transporting me to another time and place.

Almost like I have no nostalgia for something I didn’t actually experience myself… Hundreds or thousands of years ago. I can’t say more than that. It’s just amazing!
The nostalgia for something you haven't experienced is I think part of the peculiar beauty of some of the really deep hitting aromatic materials. Very nicely put.
 
Back
Top