I'm glad you're enjoying!
This is definitely one of those woods that rewards study. It amazes me how some wood reveals so much over time.
Funny story actually. For some context, I haven't posted it here to avoid blowing my own horn, but this has been my consistent daily burn for about a month. Even with woods that are objectively "higher grade", I find myself reaching for this one. More recently for scenting myself before going out.
This is funny because when I first got to trying it out on my own, I was a little underwhelmed. Though the memory seems foreign now, I remember only being able to pick out a few notes, and the musk seemed dusty in a way and too bitter. After trying it a few more times I decided it was serviceable and put it down. It wasn't until a few weeks later, when I got back into it again, that I tried a nice piece at 80C and got the most pure white musk experience completely devoid of sweetness. After that I burned it more often and with more consideration. And at present I'm all but addicted. To me now, it has a deliciously resinous line through the whole profile, with the musk I've already mentioned sometimes being so powerful it borders on excessive. And plenty of what I can only call "soul". Maybe not so much a smell as a feeling, usually at the back of the throat or sometimes it feels like it's in your head. It's that quality that only wild wood has, and even more so in woods from previous generations when long standing trees were still being discovered. If you're on this forum you probably know what I mean.
It's amazing that some woods will give you everything upfront, while others reveal themselves so much overtime that the 50th or 100th session is nothing like the 1st.
Anyway that's all to say it's a great one to study and I hope you fill us in! No wrong answers
View attachment 45973
WHOA!!! Holy jinko chip Batman!!! The first chip that I sliced up yesterday and used on my ceramic has completely changed this morning. I set the temp straight on 185 as that's where it performed best yesterday but I had to stop it at just over 110 because the vapor coming out of it was overwhelming! Clearly yesterday was just a warm up. Today it's all sweet and sour cherries..purple! I wish I had more of it lol!
 
Trat Double Super Chips- AlKhudair
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0861.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 79
Sinking Salani from the Attar Store. When I was gifted a piece of this wood by @PersonelHigh over two years ago. At that time, I was a total agarwood novice. They wrote on the package "Use very little in a warmer with a tiny pinch of salt and weep". Two years ago, there was no way I could understand what I was smelling. So, I put the piece away and only tonight, after many agarwood experiences, put some chips from the mother piece on the warmer and yes, wept. The piece literally is steaming at 180* and quickly filled my small room with scent. The psychoactive effects are intense and calming. The scent journey started out with a green, almost vetiver aroma, that quickly morphed into a cornucopia of fruits, which vanished into a throbbing jungle scentscape with narcotic flowers hanging from the trees. My face is literally tingling, my eyes half closed and I am not all that close to the heater. Thank you so, so much Agarwood spirit and @PersonelHigh
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
I have gotten some wonderful Malaysian woods from SABILY.

I can't help comparing this SABILY Perak Hirta to the Hirta I got from OUD TREASURE last week. In strength they are similar. The Oud Treasure Hirta which he called AAAA Kinam is more powdery and 8X more expensive!! I don't know what he is thinking. He keeps changes his prices.

This is NOT Kinam. It's a great Malaysian wood but it's a jacked up retail price.

I prefer Sabily's Ant Nest. It has more complexity.

Also SABILY doesn't mess around with his prices. He's reputable & reliable. Just the tiniest piece on a bahkoor coil heater and my house is anointed. Multifaceted and affordable. $130.90 for 10 grams plus shipping. I forgot to mention the incredible hang time. Better than AAAA "Kinam."

For me this is where the actual talent is. Finding gems and selling them for a fair price.
 
Last edited:
I just ordered his last 5 grams of
Borneo Red Soil ~ OudTreasure

He responded right a way asking if I wanted samples.
I look forward to heating and reviewing this one.It wil be my
first oud soil experience.
He has 30g more. I just ordered some and will report back soon. He was VERY generous with samples - AA, AAA, and AAAA additional samples were included, plus some oil and musk samples! Wow.
 
Last edited:
Dr Incense sinking Brunei. Low heat gave off some sweet wood and as it progressed there was
a lessoning of strength of smell but the relaxing focused effects were very pronounced throughout.
I didn't bring it to smoke and I only used very tiny crumbs from a small piece of many more to explore.
 
SHINO RYU ~ Chrysanthemum ~ 1st encounter notes

At only 122 degrees, that which was pink and pleasantly pungent at room temperature blooms. What masonry is this? A molecular gastronomy of minted petals flecked with cinnamon and pepper dots. Pearls of warming spiced chai milk.

@144 degrees The Stones. “When the Wood Comes Down.” Verdant cumin flashed and I felt a concert wave of bodily acknowledgement.

Without any assistance beyond the wood, gummies or otherwise, I understood the corollary of fire and imagination.

@161 degrees coffee bitters sprang into a dark chocolate (effigy) fountain of candle wax.

Absorbing and reflecting, this wood spirit acts and projects. One example: the lime water I splashed and rinsed earlier. When I returned to the hearth of the warmer, I noticed that it was speaking lime.

Every introduction I made, it framed and became charged with its expression. Reminding me of why there is no greater vehicle of transmission than agarwood.

At 189 degrees I whispered to myself c h a g a. To confirm its introduction. A mushroom puff like an umami match stick blown out into the atmosphere, carbon needling tiny black holes into existence.

With huge appreciation for @language scent ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_8928.webp
    414.6 KB · Views: 60
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    chrys.webp
    165.5 KB · Views: 69
Dr Incense sinking Brunei. Low heat gave off some sweet wood and as it progressed there was
a lessoning of strength of smell but the relaxing focused effects were very pronounced throughout.
I didn't bring it to smoke and I only used very tiny crumbs from a small piece of many more to explore.
I’d love to see what this piece of wood looks like, I read another post from you about it and I’m curious 🙂
 
Back
Top