He has 30g more. I just ordered some and will report back soon. He was VERY generous with samples - AA, AAA, and AAAA additional samples were included, plus some oil and musk samples! Wow.
I wanted to show you what I ordered - and what I got - from https://www.etsy.com/shop/Oudtreasure

I love the generosity of the vendors in this space, but now I’m realizing that they (and you, forum artisans) use a sort of drug dealer model. They give you a free sample and then you love it so much that you come back again… Money in hand 🙂

Reviews on these coming shortly. Gonna put a sliver of the AAAA+ Sinking Kynam on very very low heat.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6091.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 120
Interesting how perspectives change! Their pricing for cultivated kinam was pretty out of touch with reality last I checked.

Edit: just visited the site. $35 for a gram of cultivated kinam powder 😂
Yeah, it's nuts..on both accounts!
 
wild green kyara bead dust/powder

Im not even heating it, just smelling the ambient aroma from the jar.

As much as I am hesitant to say this, it smells pretty much exactly like a number of the Fushigi oils.

I noticed it the other day and wanted to revisit today on a clean nose and it’s still the aroma I get.

Ive had this jar of powder since 2019 or before and I think Ive only heated the powder once or twice, just sniffing the jar is enough.
 
OudTreasure AA+ Borneo Redsoil

This one rewards gentle and slow increase in temperature. I’m getting vanilla and cherries in about 50% heat on the subtism - resin is starting to boil out and sparkle as you can see in my (terrible) macro photo
Tips on better macro photography with an iPhone welcome 😂
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6122.webp
    127.8 KB · Views: 90
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6123.webp
    139 KB · Views: 63
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6128.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
heating some of this yellow soil vietnamese....there is something extremely amazing and unique about this wood and the effects. the aroma is of the most charming of all agarwood i have, it has this sweet and spicy bitter spice that is so so thick as if honey so thick it has turned to frankincense, but the spice puts to shame all spice i have ever witnessed. it is just that, a thick spice that is breathtaking depth in its couple of complexity notes.....as crazy and as unique this aroma is to me, the effects are even crazier. this wood is seriously narcotic it is psychedelic 100% as every single time it creates a clearly visible haze in the environment accompanied by dreamy feelings, and extreme warmth happy comfort. no other wood i have has such incredible effects. i have other wood that i treasure way above this but for some reason this wood still seems to be my greatest treasure. there is something there that is alive and enters my soul everytime and it feels so otherworldly. its so sad how many people go about life having zero clue of the aromatic world we all are into. i think how life would have been without these things and a surge of panic and anxiety creeps up...scary world without the heavens of the woods. this wood even if i never heat it again just holding it in my hand and remembering its characteristics is such a powerful and beautiful feeling, its magic

it was in a batch of three chunks of vietnamese and the other two pieces looked a billion times better and were also sinking. this one is not sinking and blew them light years away in charm, aroma, beauty and effects. this goes to show that looks and sinking mean nothing.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0385.webp
    236 KB · Views: 82
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0387.webp
    220.8 KB · Views: 81
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    DSC_0390.webp
    162.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hong Kong Sinking Baoto
Hong Kong Sinking
Hong Kong Green Chess sinker
Hainan Sinking
Hainan Sinker X2 lolz
Chenla
Nha Trang tocbong
Sabah
Hainan Purple Chess
Cambodian Purple Kinam
Laos Pusong
Managakyara red soil
Managa "snow flower"

Feel great now 😇
This post disturbs me LORI for the mirror and projection of my own behavior. Because only gosh knows what you are up to. Maybe it is the ultimate OUDDICT post of all time.
 
This post disturbs me LORI for the mirror and projection of my own behavior. Because only gosh knows what you are up to. Maybe it is the ultimate OUDDICT post of all time.
Lori is a favorite writer and esteemed member of this community that I have read and respected over the years. I pray my post wasn't taken as sardonic or disrespectful.

I struggle with balance and hope that was clear.

A podcast I listened to recently suggested using SCENT as a curative for malaise, help with mood regulation. I think we Ouddicts already subscribe and should feel comfortable discussing.
 
Borneo UW (?) from PureOudh

Very sweet. Lasted a good hour so far… chunks are thick, kinda hard to break up (brittle - used a wire cutter) - very glassy sound on impact w table and dense

Now a syrupy sweet Melted caramel on medium high.

10 min later:

High heat WOW spice … licorice? Anise? Way before char… dang this wood is good.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6209.webp
    317.4 KB · Views: 65
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6210.webp
    290.5 KB · Views: 71
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_6211.webp
    386.6 KB · Views: 67
Famous Rakoku "Ato Yabase"
I can't imagine something top this, it's charm is off charts.
Bitter "Medicinal" its main core with spice, sweetness and saltiness coming along the way and the specializes of "Ki" note in some of its phases.

The Shino master notes for it "Heavy Bitterness, Spicy, Sweet, Salty, Ki"

Kyara "White Crane"
Potent stuff with 5 flavors too, going 90c+ from start cause nose blindness.
I prefer to start around 65-70 and go up slowly..even with that sometimes it blind nose easy
Lots of layers and notes from low up to 150c.
 
Back
Top