Oie Ryu famous Kyara
Mossy...Mossy
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

For a man unseen
She pines in the shadow of the trees
On a mossy bed for
Her coverlet, the isles that make
Yamato a pink!
 
KZ Hainan again…

Some call the shape “angles”.
I use my rotary tool to grind away the
non-resinated wood from the underside
which I find that action to be quite meditative.
Then I chisel the piece into small slivers.
Heat, and enjoy😊
Yes, “angles” or “corners” is a term used in Saudi to describe oud chips as well. Glad you’re enjoying.
 
I just ordered a piece of this and realized it's coming from Hong Kong.I'm in the United States.Do you think I will get a hit with a tariff charge?
I just had this conversation with Alex on Etsy from Hong Kong. If there is someone who is outside the United States that would be willing to let Alex send the package to them I would gladly pay you for the postage and the inconvenience to send it to me.Hong Kong post is not sending packages to the United States. Please PM me if you can help me out.

TASFragrance

Alex Wan from TASFragrance​

Typically responds within 24 hours


Date:
Apr 2, 20255:35am EDT
Message:Hi Alex, Is this from wild wood or cultivated?
I am here from the Oudict forum.I heard good things.
Thanks,
Aaron

www.etsy.com/listing/1376215056/sinking-grade-purple-kynam-shaving-from
  1. [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Sinking Grade Purple Kynam Shaving from Nha Trang, Vietnam - Swirl Shaving (Highly Aromatic at Room Temperature)
    $83.75
    Add to cart
Date:
Apr 2, 202511:53pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:Hi Aaron, thx for ur msg., i believe you are talking about the sinking purle kynam chips. those are cultuvated but top tier.
Date:
Apr 2, 202511:54pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:sorry for the delay in response
Date:
2 hours ago10:15am EDT
Alex Wan

Message:Hi Aaron. Thanks for your purchase and order. However i regret that I will have to cancel the order as HK Post has currently stopped all US bound packages due to the tariffs and as such I am unable to ship it to you 😭
Date:
3 minutes ago12:20pm EDT
Message:Hi Alex can you send it to a friend of mine outside the US who can send it to me?
Date:
3 minutes ago12:20pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:yeh i can do that
Date:
2 minutes ago12:21pm EDT
Message:Nice! I will check with them and get back to you with the address. Thanks
Date:
2 minutes ago12:21pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:gimme the address and ill send it. but i have to be upfront in that i take no responsibility after it is sent though. is that ok?
Date:
1 minute ago12:22pm EDT
Message:Sure that is fine with me.
Sent.
Date:
Just now12:22pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:thanks 🙏.
 
Last edited:
Kaden Kobunboku
Not much to say just a nice simple burn
 
I just had this conversation with Alex on Etsy from Hong Kong. If there is someone who is outside the United States that would be willing to let Alex send the package to them I would gladly pay you for the postage and the inconvenience to send it to me.

TASFragrance

Alex Wan from TASFragrance​

Typically responds within 24 hours


Date:
Apr 2, 20255:35am EDT
Message:Hi Alex, Is this from wild wood or cultivated?
I am here from the Oudict forum.I heard good things.
Thanks,
Aaron

www.etsy.com/listing/1376215056/sinking-grade-purple-kynam-shaving-from
  1. [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    Sinking Grade Purple Kynam Shaving from Nha Trang, Vietnam - Swirl Shaving (Highly Aromatic at Room Temperature)
    $83.75
    Add to cart
Date:
Apr 2, 202511:53pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:Hi Aaron, thx for ur msg., i believe you are talking about the sinking purle kynam chips. those are cultuvated but top tier.
Date:
Apr 2, 202511:54pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:sorry for the delay in response
Date:
2 hours ago10:15am EDT
Alex Wan

Message:Hi Aaron. Thanks for your purchase and order. However i regret that I will have to cancel the order as HK Post has currently stopped all US bound packages due to the tariffs and as such I am unable to ship it to you 😭
Date:
3 minutes ago12:20pm EDT
Message:Hi Alex can you send it to a friend of mine outside the US who can send it to me?
Date:
3 minutes ago12:20pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:yeh i can do that
Date:
2 minutes ago12:21pm EDT
Message:Nice! I will check with them and get back to you with the address. Thanks
Date:
2 minutes ago12:21pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:gimme the address and ill send it. but i have to be upfront in that i take no responsibility after it is sent though. is that ok?
Date:
1 minute ago12:22pm EDT
Message:Sure that is fine with me.
Sent.
Date:
Just now12:22pm EDT
Alex Wan

Message:thanks 🙏.
The US and China struck a new deal on tariffs, maybe it can be shipped directly to you soon.
 
"Myanmar Kyara" shavings from Fushigi

Smells like cultivated kyara from Vietnam, really doesn't seem to be much aroma to be had in these shavings. It was only $8 for a gram, so not a big expenditure nor high expectations for the price. It's only my 2nd time heating it, maybe I can coax something out of it over time, we'll see.

I just find myself often disappointed by heating wood. I have some woods where a few tiny specs of dust will fill up and saturate my entire apartment, while others have a 1/2 - 1 tsp of shavings with barely any aroma at all.
 
Cultivated Malaysian Oud Muhassan w/high grade resin - Qmat Ikhtiar Aloud

Much cheaper than wild but the smoke that comes out is like a freight train. Awesome burn.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0153.webp
    205.5 KB · Views: 70
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0152.webp
    277.2 KB · Views: 77
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0897.webp
    125.1 KB · Views: 73
Cultivated Malaysian Oud Muhassan w/high grade resin - Qmat Ikhtiar Aloud

Much cheaper than wild but the smoke that comes out is like a freight train. Awesome burn.
My only concern brother is health wise, how dangerous breathing this burnt chemical fumes with time?
I know for sure even natural oud would be harmful to lungs with prolonged exposure, I can't think how worse even these chemical processed wood be.
 
Last edited:
My only concern brother is health wise, how dangerous breathing this burnt chemical fumes with time?
I know for sure wvwn natural oud would be harmful to lungs with prolonged exposure, I can't think how even worse these chemical processed wood be.
I totally understand that point of view. I’ve been hearing about the health effects of burning Oud in general. As a former smoker I’m not too worried. We have an open kitchen. So sometimes the smell of food needs to be masked by something pleasant and we have the window open at the same time. I trust this particular vendor to choose high-grade resin and not low-grade.
 
Oie Ryu famous Kyara
Mossy...Mossy
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day

For a man unseen
She pines in the shadow of the trees
On a mossy bed for
Her coverlet, the isles that make
Yamato a pink!
Wow! How many sessions do you think you could get out of a, say, .5 g piece of something that densely soaked with resin? Help me try to justify the cost… Ha ha.
 
My only concern brother is health wise, how dangerous breathing this burnt chemical fumes with time?
I know for sure even natural oud would be harmful to lungs with prolonged exposure, I can't think how worse even these chemical processed wood be.
Everyone on this forum is experimenting this on themselves to a certain degree so I'm hopeful that our offsprings will be thankful to us for being the test subjects and providing them the answer to your question 😀 But knowing human history, we are only getting dumber with each successive generation and are willingly making poor decisions despite plethora of knowledge that wasn't available to those before us. Sorry to get philosophical.
 
Back
Top