Cultivated High Grade Chinese Kinam - Fawn Horn

Absolutely beautiful honey and vanilla cream scent coming off the mabkhara. Using mica plate as well.

This is miles better than the first time I bought Kinam. There were three grades on offer and I got the highest one. I'm happy with this buy.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0167.webp
    250.2 KB · Views: 76
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0168.webp
    330.9 KB · Views: 85
Kangiiten’s Phillipino

Luckily, my bottle has all flat sliced ready to heat slivers.
On low it’s sweet. I find the aroma quite relaxing. On medium it’s incense vibes, makes your feel lucid.
It does not like high heat. Probably because how thing the slivers are. They get scorched.
A good session overall.
 
Some sinking Sintang (west Borneo) and tea after facr, from one of coming distillations
Despite having so much wood, it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to enjoy heating wood with pleasure.
If there’s nothing stopping you from enjoying something so small, then you’re truly wealthy one
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
 
Kangiiten - Wild Pursat. I can easily get a minimum of a week or more from these excellent quality wood powders. Session lasts for a couple of minutes each time, with multiple sessions throughout the day. 150 degrees is peak heat for this one. As the heater starts at 30, as it climbs, the powder goes through a bunch of note stages which I can pick out. Having now also got my nose on some real deal beautiful Pursat Oud oils I think I could confidently pick this region out in a blind test. It's what is left lingering in my nose that leaves me with this recognition. Still being able to smell a wood long after I have put it down, I find is just as enjoyable as the smelling.
 
SABILY -Wild Oud Chips Malaysia Perak Hirta Agarwood Grade Triple Super (Ant Oud)

It lights me up to write about my most affordable favorites and this is one. (Kurt Cobain talked about his most cherished and beloved finds, vintage clothing, & musical instruments, they were never the most expensive. I've wondered about this mysterious lineage of an object and it's price.?)

This wood is everything you want in a daily burn agarwood chip and more, including resinous OUDINESS. Incense, reminiscent of the tropical purple fruit, Cherimoya. Even if it doesn't exactly evolve like a higher priced Kinam, it has sour tart, saltiness, sweetness - but tempered, custard, powder but not a CK baby powder, light and elegant. It also has legs that dangle, that can be revisited. Even at 140 it sings.

I rank it up there with YUSA's Sinking Terangganu ants nest Malaysia. Even with price increases Borneo Red Soil from Oud Treasure is another star of the year for it's unusal profile.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top