SABILY -Wild Oud Chips Malaysia Perak Hirta Agarwood Grade Triple Super (Ant Oud)

It lights me up to write about my most affordable favorites and this is one. (Kurt Cobain talked about his most cherished and beloved finds, vintage clothing, & musical instruments, they were never the most expensive. I've wondered about this mysterious lineage of an object and it's price.?)

This wood is everything you want in a daily burn agarwood chip and more, including resinous OUDINESS. Incense, reminiscent of the tropical purple fruit, Cherimoya. Even if it doesn't exactly evolve like a higher priced Kinam, it has sour tart, saltiness, sweetness - but tempered, custard, powder but not a CK baby powder, light and elegant. It also has legs that dangle, that can be revisited. Even at 140 it sings.

I rank it up there with YUSA's Sinking Terangganu ants nest Malaysia. Even with price increases Borneo Red Soil from Oud Treasure is another star of the year for it's unusal profile.
I’ve been wanting to burn ant Oud chips. Nice write up.
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Some Tarakan today, nice and dusty !
 
I’ve been wanting to burn ant Oud chips. Nice write up.
I have a nice specimen of ant wood from @Maunamoku - was very good value, beautiful aroma. Clean, sweet, with notes i associate both with kinam and quality crassna.

In fact what I sampled from him all feels "choice" in some way, and this is one vendor I hope to sample more broadly if I reach a point where I can spend freely on stuff for personal enjoyment. It is exciting making perfume but I am in the development/investment phase here and it is just a money pit - countless test blends, stocking up on specific oils, bottles, other supplies, etc..
 
I have a nice specimen of ant wood from @Maunamoku - was very good value, beautiful aroma. Clean, sweet, with notes i associate both with kinam and quality crassna.

In fact what I sampled from him all feels "choice" in some way, and this is one vendor I hope to sample more broadly if I reach a point where I can spend freely on stuff for personal enjoyment. It is exciting making perfume but I am in the development/investment phase here and it is just a money pit - countless test blends, stocking up on specific oils, bottles, other supplies, etc..
What you’re saying regarding investment phase resonates as it is like being a start up incubator or accelerator in that you throw money at ideas that might work or not. It’s just the nature of the beast. Looking forward to what you put out there. Hoping for “Prime”.
 
Hong Kong Green Kinam
Super special piece i would say carry the opposites Warm/Cold depends on its phases.
Great Medicinal notes, Honey, Plum, Flowers if i were to give it name would be "Longevity"

Purple Kyara Haitang
More i spend with it more i'm lost in its vastness, i find myself reaching for it more and more

Iron oil
Complex frontal fruity/medicinal/sour/spiciness

White Oil "White crane"
Purple/White flowers, intense cooling, Honey sweet, subtle medicinal and milky
 
If anyone feel that strange he can ask any Dr he trust in him that's was from them advice not from me , Jalil my pleasure brother


Oudamberlove I agree with that heated more safer but the sadly heating not successful with every wood ...
True that. About two hours agar I was trying to burn India double Super in Shoyeido’s old wood chip burner and I didn't smell a thing. Now I am heating
 
High grade Chinese Kinam - Fawn Horn

This stuff is my 2nd purchase in one week. The pieces are larger. Blasted through the first whole 1/8th of a kilo. Vanilla, sweetness, lavender are some of the scents I’m getting. Photo shows it atop of charcoal with a round mica plate. I have a thicker square one. But I like the higher temp.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0976.webp
    201 KB · Views: 65
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_0975.webp
    214.4 KB · Views: 71
Any burnt or feral or barnyard? Those don't appeal to me

Joe
Cultivated kinam typically has no barnyard/funk at all. Very clean, sweet scent.
 
Back
Top