Just received some "old Papua" from Baba Kani @YusaAromatics and am happy happy with this lot of dark saturated agarwood.
The aroma distinctive and slightly sweet
![[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day](https://data.ouddict.com/attachments/46/46239-3afe798a27aab28a692b4da0469a9f32.jpg?hash=LyhO6IUzeX)
The aroma distinctive and slightly sweet
![[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day](https://data.ouddict.com/attachments/46/46239-3afe798a27aab28a692b4da0469a9f32.jpg?hash=LyhO6IUzeX)
![[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day](https://data.ouddict.com/attachments/46/46239-3afe798a27aab28a692b4da0469a9f32.jpg?hash=LyhO6IUzeX)
Sounds right up my alley!Cultivated kinam typically has no barnyard/funk at all. Very clean, sweet scent.
Lucky you Where did you get the chip from?Kangiiten - Rakoku chip. Nice little 3g chip. Dry but smells great with my nose to the bottle. Wonderfully sweet. A very light scrape of powder is all I need.
There's my sent of the next 2 hours:Lucky you Where did you get the chip from?
I love sweetness in my agar. Last night I bought 6 grms of Chinese Oud. Will use it for special occasions!Just received some "old Papua" from Baba Kani @YusaAromatics and am happy happy with this lot of dark saturated agarwood.
The aroma distinctive and slightly sweet
View attachment 46852
oudimentary.com
Seeing how I bought in 2018 both 3ml of Super Tia and 3ml of Musk for only $200 both the times have changed!I love sweetness in my agar. Last night I bought 6 grms of Chinese Oud. Will use it for special occasions!
![]()
Chinese Oud
Discover rare Hainan Chinese Kinam oud—dense, resin-rich wood with notes of amber-chicory, leather, and dried fruit.oudimentary.com
Joe
This blend used to have actual granules of ambergris in it, but they stopped including it (in the US at least) a while back (early 2000's). Very nice blend in its reformulated version.There's my sent of the next 2 hours:
Its granulated incense by Shoyiedo called Shi Un purple clouds. Its $98 for 0.88 ounces of bark, seeds, roots, leaves, etc. To me its better then the top of the line called The Rature, $138 for almost an ounce. The Rapture has more Agarwood in it than Shi Un but Shi Un is, and I quote, “offers the transcendental aura of agarwood any time you like. With sandalwood, clove and spices.”View attachment 46853
Wow! I never knew that! I love ambergris tincture. I paid JK DeLapp a could of hundreds for 2-4mls.This blend used to have actual granules of ambergris in it, but they stopped including it (in the US at least) a while back (early 2000's). Very nice blend in its reformulated version.
That's expensive tincture, wow!Wow! I never knew that! I love ambergris tincture. I paid JK DeLapp a could of hundreds for 2-4mls.
Haha!That's expensive tincture, wow!
Crazy amount to churn through. At a lower temp you can literally keep one piece going for days.High grade Chinese Kinam - Fawn Horn
This stuff is my 2nd purchase in one week. The pieces are larger. Blasted through the first whole 1/8th of a kilo. Vanilla, sweetness, lavender are some of the scents I’m getting. Photo shows it atop of charcoal with a round mica plate. I have a thicker square one. But I like the higher temp.
What are you heating it on?I have 15gm of this:
And whether I put it on high heat or medium I can't smell anything. The wood turns black from being burnt but there's no fragrance. Has anyone had luck with these chips?![]()
Agarwood Chips
Agarwood Chips Essential Oil from Enfleurage - Pure Aromatics since 1997. Sustainably sourced, organic & wild. Shop now!enfleurage.com
Joe
I am using this burner with a mica tray:What are you heating it on?
Any photos of the chips you have on hand you can post here?
Doesn’t look like the best quality wood - but looks decent enough should have fragrance.I am using this burner with a mica tray:
Electric Wood-chip Heater - Brown Wood
The largest and finest selection of Japanese Incense and Incense Burners and Holders in the USA and Canada. Headquarters in San Francisco. Gift Wrapping using Washi or similar paper available at only $0.50 per box. We specialize in Kyara, Aloeswood, Sandalwoodwww.japanincense.com
Here is 5grm from one bottle:
View attachment 46873
I am expecting it to scent a 300 Sa ft room. I cup it but still only smell burnt wood. Well I appreciate your analysis.Doesn’t look like the best quality wood - but looks decent enough should have fragrance.
How much are you heating up, and on what?
Are you expecting the entire house to be smelling - or are you Kodo cupping it?
Maybe try slicing off some of the more resin heavy bits if you can? I often have better luck with powder, particularly when doing mon koh style. Throw it all in a grinder and turn it into a nice powder. That way the oil and resin will be spread evenly (more or less) throughout the powder, then start on a low temp until you find the sweet spot. Or it could just be crappy wood. I think those types of chips though might be better on coal.Oh, I'm only burning a chip, the size of a fingernail, on a mica plate which is placed directly on the ceramic heating element. I've tried a silver tray too.