This post disturbs me LORI for the mirror and projection of my own behavior. Because only gosh knows what you are up to. Maybe it is the ultimate OUDDICT post of all time.
Oh some times mood require that much to change it and cook it into better one lolz.
Lori is a favorite writer and esteemed member of this community that I have read and respected over the years. I pray my post wasn't taken as sardonic or disrespectful.

I struggle with balance and hope that was clear.

A podcast I listened to recently suggested using SCENT as a curative for malaise, help with mood regulation. I think we Ouddicts already subscribe and should feel comfortable discussing.
Thanks for your kind words, there is nothing disrespectful with it doh!
 
[Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day


Kynam Chips from @Maunamoku

Very low heat gives steady output

A very high frequency sweetness and sizzling spice …. Surprisingly reminded me of lions mane mushroom tea with heavy crème (!) in an umami way

I’m scenting my sleep mask currently
 
Yamadamatsu SS Aloeswood kowari
(Batch from a year ago, which has the most variety, looks like a bottom of the barrel lot)

Hard piece fully resinated,
with a knot still attached,
probably low oil content, mostly hard resin.

I had to turn the heat up to get the aroma kicking, so not much dainty top notes, but the resulting aroma permeated my room more than near the chip. Kind of a Sumatran/Brunei profile. Nice experience.
 
TasFragrance - Sinking cultivated purple Hainan. For a cultivated kynam this stuff is expensive but it really is in a league of it's own in the CK market. Definitely complex in notes, nothing linear about it. Aroma starts immediately at 30 degrees and vapor starts at around 60. I'm not comparing this to wild as I have not been that blessed but it easily sits next to top shelf agarwoods that I have tried. @-Renton-, you had some of this and enjoyed it but that was a while ago. Have your impressions changed since you've now had your nose on the real thing? Do you still like it?
 
TasFragrance - Sinking cultivated purple Hainan. For a cultivated kynam this stuff is expensive but it really is in a league of it's own in the CK market. Definitely complex in notes, nothing linear about it. Aroma starts immediately at 30 degrees and vapor starts at around 60. I'm not comparing this to wild as I have not been that blessed but it easily sits next to top shelf agarwoods that I have tried. @-Renton-, you had some of this and enjoyed it but that was a while ago. Have your impressions changed since you've now had your nose on the real thing? Do you still like it?
I got a piece after having a collection of wild kinam. I didnt buy it that long ago, thats why I was so surprised that it didnt have that classic CK aroma and was actually super close to a simple noted wild kinam. I havent tried it in a while!!! Might try it sometime soon again after having even more experience.

Ive been buying (wild) kinam since last May, nearly every month since.
 
TasFragrance - Sinking cultivated purple Hainan. For a cultivated kynam this stuff is expensive but it really is in a league of it's own in the CK market. Definitely complex in notes, nothing linear about it. Aroma starts immediately at 30 degrees and vapor starts at around 60. I'm not comparing this to wild as I have not been that blessed but it easily sits next to top shelf agarwoods that I have tried. @-Renton-, you had some of this and enjoyed it but that was a while ago. Have your impressions changed since you've now had your nose on the real thing? Do you still like it?
I just ordered a piece of this and realized it's coming from Hong Kong.I'm in the United States.Do you think I will get a hit with a tariff charge?
 
anyone still using tea-candle heaters occasionally? favorite models? does it even make sense to heat chips like this?

still haven't found the right electric burner to invest in, meantime looking for simpler solutions to not blaze so much wood during charcoal sessions
 
heated 2very rare and precious kyaras again today. orchid kyara first today, before heating its sibling hatsune. yesterday i heated hatsune first and then orchid and i fell madly in love with orchid again....strange because other times and sessions i thought i liked hatsune slightly a bit more. today, i liked hatsune better....something strange is going on on many levels with these kyaras....especially as the effects are concerned.

yesterday heating the hatsune my nose was marinated in its fumes...it was amazing, so beautiful...then the orchid was viewed differently since specific effects and fumes had my nose in a trance. today having started orchid first it was a completely different experience. the hatsune came in strong with all the things that orchid lacks and made a crazy impression. i guess when heating completely different woods the order matters in how the mind will think and feel.

the crazy thing are the effects. i remember the first time ever heating this wood i felt effects the next day strongly. yesterday the same thing happened, i heated during early hours around 11am and the effects hit me at 6pm. i was in the car driving towards the super market and a huge meditative feeling hit me as if i was sleeping and had just woken up without having opened my eyes yet only my eyes were open lol i knew right away it was the kyara from earlier. i wonder why it takes so long for this specific kyara to kick in. todaysince heating i have not felt the effects yet. after many times of heating i realized it was the kyara. it only happens with this specific kyara. when it hits it is like an extremely comfortable sleepiness and relaxation but with extreme focus that it seems very strange and can make onee thing they losing their mind if they couldnt connect the session LOL again this has happened to me at least 15times. many times the effects kick in instantly but are not as pronounced as when they creep up out of the blue. these woods are truly spiritual substaced connected to heights we probably have no clue about
 
heated 2very rare and precious kyaras again today. orchid kyara first today, before heating its sibling hatsune. yesterday i heated hatsune first and then orchid and i fell madly in love with orchid again....strange because other times and sessions i thought i liked hatsune slightly a bit more. today, i liked hatsune better....something strange is going on on many levels with these kyaras....especially as the effects are concerned.

yesterday heating the hatsune my nose was marinated in its fumes...it was amazing, so beautiful...then the orchid was viewed differently since specific effects and fumes had my nose in a trance. today having started orchid first it was a completely different experience. the hatsune came in strong with all the things that orchid lacks and made a crazy impression. i guess when heating completely different woods the order matters in how the mind will think and feel.

the crazy thing are the effects. i remember the first time ever heating this wood i felt effects the next day strongly. yesterday the same thing happened, i heated during early hours around 11am and the effects hit me at 6pm. i was in the car driving towards the super market and a huge meditative feeling hit me as if i was sleeping and had just woken up without having opened my eyes yet only my eyes were open lol i knew right away it was the kyara from earlier. i wonder why it takes so long for this specific kyara to kick in. todaysince heating i have not felt the effects yet. after many times of heating i realized it was the kyara. it only happens with this specific kyara. when it hits it is like an extremely comfortable sleepiness and relaxation but with extreme focus that it seems very strange and can make onee thing they losing their mind if they couldnt connect the session LOL again this has happened to me at least 15times. many times the effects kick in instantly but are not as pronounced as when they creep up out of the blue. these woods are truly spiritual substaced connected to heights we probably have no clue about
Cant wait to try hatsune when I get it tomorrow!!!
 
Back
Top