Burning rose muattar. I know I've talked about this before, but it's just perfect. This product is strong, natural-smelling, and works well on low voltage, such as 12.5 volts on a sub, to perfume a room consistently for half the day.

Well worth it. And aromology has a bunch of wood too. Find the muattar here:

 
It's definitely delicate. Easy to scorch or not get anything but once you find the right spot it's lovely.
I agree. I got the old Tarakan and old Nha Trang for kodo sessions and I must say I’m having a difficult time trying to find the right balance. Opens dusty and then I’m not sure where it’s supposed to go from there. I think I need to dedicate more time to see what I’ll be able to get out of it. So far I’m a little disappointed.
 
Today, after learning to manage the quirks of my subitism burner and generally how to heat/burn agarwood, I busted out the "Flower" agarwood I got from @An Agarwood. This agarwood is near-sinking and is from Hue. Wow! What an experience. The aroma is lively, tangy, sweet, and compelling. The other agarwood I've used tended to have a soporific effect on me, but this one woke me up. It was nice. I don't have a lot of it, and it's so pretty (see the name) that I am not going to be burning it again for a while. But it was a nice way to start a Saturday morning.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    01.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 72
It's definitely delicate. Easy to scorch or not get anything but once you find the right spot it's lovely.
I agree. I got the old Tarakan and old Nha Trang for kodo sessions and I must say I’m having a difficult time trying to find the right balance. Opens dusty and then I’m not sure where it’s supposed to go from there. I think I need to dedicate more time to see what I’ll be able to get out of it. So far I’m a little disappointed.

I find that by breaking it down to a powder and using low heat gives the best results.
 
Might have to try that, though I enjoy the way they look naturally 😔
I was about to say the same thing that @The Scent Guru said about breaking it down but I totally get where you're coming from in wanting to keep them as full chips for their look. The Papuan soil chip I've presently got on my sub very easily scorches but anything much lower is a waste of time. Thankfully I have two types of heaters so I scrapped the tiniest amount of powder from the centre of the chip ( more of a quick sample hit really), and gave that a go and it worked spectacularly. I think with these super dry, vintage chips this might be the way to go.
 
I was about to say the same thing that @The Scent Guru said about breaking it down but I totally get where you're coming from in wanting to keep them as full chips for their look. The Papuan soil chip I've presently got on my sub very easily scorches but anything much lower is a waste of time. Thankfully I have two types of heaters so I scrapped the tiniest amount of powder from the centre of the chip ( more of a quick sample hit really), and gave that a go and it worked spectacularly. I think with these super dry, vintage chips this might be the way to go.
I will report back with my findings 🫡
 
Speaking of the difference between wild and cultivated, here is 400 g of very affordable cultivated green kinam! I haven't burned it yet but it's just a matter of time. you can see the difference between this and the select grades which have considerable more heavy and even resin distribution. there was only one grade of small chip available but it begs the question, is it better buying more cheap stuff or less of the stuff that has more resin in it? Which one gets you the most aroma time for your dollar? Or resinoid extract per hundred grams spent?

I am excited to extract the stuff!


IMG_9393.jpeg
IMG_9394.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have a bit of that wood on a subitism now using it to fill a space, as opposed to up close observation. Absolutely wonderful aroma with a note that reminds me of honey and acacia and kinam all combined. it kind of surprises me how different each different batch of cultivated smells. I would never confuse this with the samples I have from kaangiten for example (which lack the acacia note in this one) even though they are clearly all cultivated kinam.
 
Back
Top