AlMokhlif Oud - Vietnamese Angles (Super)

Resinous, Saffronic, Spicy, Smoky
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_2468.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 56
some old CK chips I got from EjayB / Olefaktory back when CK was harder to come by. I traded some pretty nice old wood for this which in retrospect was kind of silly, but at the time it was fair / made sense based on what CK was selling for. 🙄 This batch is pretty good - has a bit of a farinaceous (uncooked flour) quality i am not the most fond of but it is still pleasant and pretty typical CK. I have found some ck with an acacia-like quality that I prefer to this, a regional variant or clone subtype I guess.
 
Last edited:
KZ Hon Kyara Black Oil

Got a small sliver of this on the sub, low heat, for up-close listening. It’s intensely jammy, with yummy kinamic bitterness and a cooling menthol-eucalyptus underneath. I’ll be honest - I don’t know how this compares to the top kyara woods because I have no experience with that stuff, but I will say that this is the only wood I’ve tried where the aroma is nostril-filling and the intensity is comparable to a fat swipe of distilled oil.

I remember posting a while ago about how disappointed I was with the green oil hon kyara from this release, which put out virtually nothing of interest at any temperature…this experience couldn’t be more different. It instantly starts pushing out aroma as soon as the heater is switched on. I think I probably just got a dud piece of the green…

IMG_0740.webp

IMG_0741.webp
 
Back
Top