AlMokhlif Oud - Vietnamese Char (above super)

Woody, smoky, saffronic
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1714.webp
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
"Lightly falling cherry blossoms" of Tenkundo. Wanted to treat you guys to some pictures and aromatic imagination

Very special very old kyara. Even tho it is very early for my nose to be able to fully detect the notes within.... It is like walking into a library that has all windows and doors open and it is surrounded by a cherry blossom grove that is in full bloom. Light breeze brings the cherry blossoms through the windows grazing by your face while someone near by eating a fresh baked cherry blossom cake that is still steaming. There are very delicate notes of bitter spice and a bit sour on higher heat, not overly sweet but balanced. There is a special quality within that I have seen in "orchid luxury" of one of the four Ichiki Shimei tree which is the only tree ever found to have four different kyaras in it and divided by royalty. There are also notes from a couple other kyaras that I really love so this was an instant charmer for me.

The effects since i smelled it were overdose excitement where I am tired just having this kyara on my mind all day every minute since I got it...as if it doesnt let you think about anything else. Over all extremely delicate, medicinal and flowery gorgeousness.
"Lightly falling cherry blossoms" of Tenkundo. Wanted to treat you guys to some pictures and aromatic imagination

Very special very old kyara. Even tho it is very early for my nose to be able to fully detect the notes within.... It is like walking into a library that has all windows and doors open and it is surrounded by a cherry blossom grove that is in full bloom. Light breeze brings the cherry blossoms through the windows grazing by your face while someone near by eating a fresh baked cherry blossom cake that is still steaming. There are very delicate notes of bitter spice and a bit sour on higher heat, not overly sweet but balanced. There is a special quality within that I have seen in "orchid luxury" of one of the four Ichiki Shimei tree which is the only tree ever found to have four different kyaras in it and divided by royalty. There are also notes from a couple other kyaras that I really love so this was an instant charmer for me.

The effects since i smelled it were overdose excitement where I am tired just having this kyara on my mind all day every minute since I got it...as if it doesnt let you think about anything else. Over all extremely delicate, medicinal and flowery gorgeousness.

That is what I call a mysterious phenomenon!

That part about staying with you all day…. It’s a mind bender.

Have you revisited this wood after this? If so did it have the same profoundness ?
 
That is what I call a mysterious phenomenon!

That part about staying with you all day…. It’s a mind bender.

Have you revisited this wood after this? If so did it have the same profoundness ?
I have, and it is a difficult wood in general. this is one of those woods that have extremely precious and rich oil but not evenly spread out throughout its mass. that along with the nose power acting up and many woods coming in weekly have made it stay back like many others, in the momory and waiting to bbe rediscovered sometime again.

almost all of the kyaras i have leave me puzzled all day long after a good nose day on the heater with them. what is the most amazing thing is to have multiple heaters and to see how the one wood opens doors for the other wood. its mostly just notes stuck inside the nostrils. so it turns into this fume attar saturated nose hair fest

what is strange to me is how the finest agarwood which is so high up there and many times beyond the kyara is priced much cheaper and the masters and old houses have not increased the prices for these specific woods. there are many levels of agarwood besides the kyara. the basic, the medium, the good, then the unicorn of the basics which is that classic aroma we all love but it comes in such a long lasting/rich/powerful scent on the heater, then it is this wood which isnt close to the agarwood or the kyara but you can see hints of the agarwood regions in it at some points in the heating. for example, on 40-100 there are some agarwoods that aroma surpass 90% of kyaras and at the same level of the highest of kyara with such uniqueness then after 100 you can see basic agarwood notes. but the bellow is so ridiculously unique...makes me feel if it has more time growing it may have turned into top notch kyara with no agarwoody notes at all
 
Heating some CK of a particular variety I am fond of, this has some of the lovely floral acacia aspect that I also noticed in the CK from @Al Shareef Oudh. This batch has a very clean scent, no salivary notes I get in some Hainan CK and none of the farinaceous (doughy /yeasty) notes I get in some others that I am not crazy about.

As I've said a dozen times here, I can't get over the fact that I've got a 2 L mason jar filled with this stuff and I did not have to sell a kidney to make it happen. Blows my mind. I enjoy the precious rarities but it's like someone looked at my wish list and waved a magic wand... Sustainably grown, uninoculated, sinensis / kinam profile, very high oil and resin content, soft resin ideal for extraction, none of the saliva or fecal notes that are so common in the woods (even Yamada AA, SA, Baieido, etc). Clean as a whistle. As I've said a dozen times, never saw it coming.
 
Back
Top