Sub was on all evening.

Oudique Hindi Jura (I think it was) - actually banger stuff, wish I got more. Makes we want to stock up on Hindi woods.
mesOUD Sintang - finished the last of this generously gifted chip. Shows well at low-medium, but on medium-high it starts to project oudy berries into the room.

Then a big pinch of SQ Bakhoor to round the session off.
 
Yashboob Oud Silani
Need to get more of this. All I got was these two chips and I have been picking tiny pieces off them. Really smells like my Sri Lankan oils as it begins to heat up. I have tried perhaps twenty different oud woods since I got my subitism, and this is the only one so far where where is a clear olfactory link for me between the scent of the wood and what I would expect a distilled oil from that region to smell like.
IMG_0797.webp
 
I had back to back sessions with some of the powders from my TAS sampler. I smelled Agarwood from Nha Trang and Brunei, both Batch A. I started at 125C, and worked my way up to 200C. About 3 distinct phases for each I'd say. They seemed to have a commonality around the 200C mark, this really warm dark chocolate without bitterness, but a vanillic sweetness instead. I'm gonna start using my burner on a daily basis now.
 
Moss Banquet Managa...this is efinitely kyara but I can see why it is used as managa. it is a NEON green sweet/bitter elegant moss to the moon with some limoncello notes here and there with some herbal underline. in the backround and in a shy kind of way there is some indescribable complex notes that i am so thirsty for but they play hide and seek with me i have started to notice these on the second session and it is what made me fall in love with this wood. the first session i was completely depressed with this wood for the price i had got it. but this happens a lot some wood shows true colors after 3-5 sessions and some time spaced between them. incredible wood....this is the type of wood that has me excited for days even if i dont heat anything for days i will have this experience on replay subconsciously making me feel this awe and happiness that i have such a chunk of wood.
 
AlMokhlif Oud - Bengali (double super)

First time I try Bengali oud chips. It's a steady burn, doesn’t burn out quickly, has a clove, anise type scent. Like I'm in a hippy library and they’ve put some exotic incense. I really love it.
 

Attachments

  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1802.webp
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1803.webp
    231.2 KB · Views: 0
  • [Ouddict.com] Burn of the Day
    IMG_1804.webp
    93 KB · Views: 0
I finally tried some white kinam shavings from TAS. Correction, I tried a singular shaving curl. Lovely, lovely stuff. Regular burn sessions have greatly improved the quality of my life overall. I must say, I don't think I could blindly identify the different colours like purple vs yellow vs white. I expected more of a difference but I think the identities lie in the nuances, which I don't yet have the nose for. I am also not studying them, just decompressing in a cloud of bliss.
 
KZ Tarakan Beccariana
Pieces full of resin, but what I get is mostly resin notes with subtle flavors. The opening is interesting though, hints of floral perfume, then I’m reminded of Sumatran Oud oil. Base notes smell a little like burnt resin🫤

KZ Sabah Tawau
Pieces full of resin, but what I get is mostly resin notes, with a little more flavors than the Tarakan.
Something interesting going on as well.


More of a 🙁than😊 for me, little fumigation power🫤, but it’s only my first try, I’ll have to explore them some more………
 
KZ Tarakan Beccariana
Pieces full of resin, but what I get is mostly resin notes with subtle flavors. The opening is interesting though, hints of floral perfume, then I’m reminded of Sumatran Oud oil. Base notes smell a little like burnt resin🫤

KZ Sabah Tawau
Pieces full of resin, but what I get is mostly resin notes, with a little more flavors than the Tarakan.
Something interesting going on as well.


More of a 🙁than😊 for me, little fumigation power🫤, but it’s only my first try, I’ll have to explore them some more………
Is it just me, or is Kangiiten like buying a raffle ticket? From my orders (only a couple, in fairness) about 50% of products have been poor to forgettable and 50% great. The ‘great’ category includes some very keenly-priced stuff, but I’d rather pay double for that and not have to wade through the disappointments.
 
Is it just me, or is Kangiiten like buying a raffle ticket? From my orders (only a couple, in fairness) about 50% of products have been poor to forgettable and 50% great. The ‘great’ category includes some very keenly-priced stuff, but I’d rather pay double for that and not have to wade through the disappointments.
I can't comment on this particular supplier i've only sampled a small handful of materials, but I can tell you this reminds me of one thing that I have experienced over my time collecting things… there's nothing more precious than a source where every single thing you get is a banger. I don't hold anybody to having a perfect set of QA standards relative to my tastes, but it sure is amazing when somebody does.
 
Is it just me, or is Kangiiten like buying a raffle ticket? From my orders (only a couple, in fairness) about 50% of products have been poor to forgettable and 50% great. The ‘great’ category includes some very keenly-priced stuff, but I’d rather pay double for that and not have to wade through the disappointments.
It’s not just you. Well said…a raffle, a gamble.
There have been hits and misses, treasures and fails🤣, 50/50 seems par for the course.
 
Back
Top